4.40 star(s) 33 Votes

reyreynao

Nov 12, 2020
I don't get the current fad of users with just a small handful of posts, going to the forums here just to shit on other devs work. Are these devs of less popular games that just want to bring others down? This is the third time I've seen it this week.

Not every game is for everyone, fortunately. But if you played something for a bit, decided it isn't for you, why comment? Not every post should be a love-fest for the devs, we are all free to mention things we like as well as things we don't like, but just to say this game is terrible, without a single example from the game, or any constructive comments at all, just for vague personal reasons, really isn't helpful to anyone.

Personally, I think Tales of Unity is a good, solid effort. I enjoy it, and hope to see another few updates. All devs have to start somewhere, so its a little unrealistic to think a lone, first time dev, is going to create Depraved Awakenings or Eternum, right from the start.
Yes I agree with your statement, if people have no constructive critics to say, just stay silent like wtf, no need to get personal! The game has been awesome so far, I really enjoyed the whole journey including the humour. And it would also get boring fast if every single game is gonna be like Eternum, if all the games are like copies from others, the story can be the best, the visuals can be awesome but everything will be predictable. I enjoy Eternum as much as this, it is different and enjoyable on their own ways.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Stronkboi

eltharion83

Aug 24, 2020
I don't get the current fad of users with just a small handful of posts, going to the forums here just to shit on other devs work. Are these devs of less popular games that just want to bring others down? This is the third time I've seen it this week.

Not every game is for everyone, fortunately. But if you played something for a bit, decided it isn't for you, why comment? Not every post should be a love-fest for the devs, we are all free to mention things we like as well as things we don't like, but just to say this game is terrible, without a single example from the game, or any constructive comments at all, just for vague personal reasons, really isn't helpful to anyone.

Personally, I think Tales of Unity is a good, solid effort. I enjoy it, and hope to see another few updates. All devs have to start somewhere, so its a little unrealistic to think a lone, first time dev, is going to create Depraved Awakenings or Eternum, right from the start.
Depends...
Depends on where you draw the line for users with "just a small handful of posts".
It also depends on what you consider "shit on other devs work".

If you try out something it is up to you if you like to comment on that. Posting your own opinion or critics on a game should be welcomed as long as the comment is somewhat rational and not straight insulting or for example if the game is clearly tagged as NTR there is no sense in bashing it for NTR content. So for playing games with tags, you don't like and then raging about the content of the game I'm on your side, that's unnecessary.
Criticism on writing, render quality, animations, and other reasonable topics is good in general as long as - as already stated - the comments are based and written without insults and bashing the game or developer.

Here in this thread are examples of both reasonable and unreasonable comments.
Mostly the users are to be blamed for wrong expectations and resulting comments but devs also have a way to influence that. They should, when starting a project, take some time to explain their project and themselves. Stating if it is a single person's first-time hobby project or if it is a team effort of experienced developers done full-time is a big difference maker in the expectations of the players/readers, just as a small example. The more you go in detail describing your project the better off you are. Most devs lack in this regard and don't use an hour or so explaining themselves and their project, this alone avoids tons of negative backlash.

On the other hand: If your set premise of bad comments is to bring a game down wouldn't it be way more effective to write bad reviews and so directly affect the rating of the game?

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
If you try out something it is up to you if you like to comment on that. Posting your own opinion or critics on a game should be welcomed as long as the comment is somewhat rational and not straight insulting or for example if the game is clearly tagged as NTR there is no sense in bashing it for NTR content.
Sure. I agree. But I am not sure that the poster (see post before mine) stating that the dev "writes like a 12 year old" and is a "putz", that his avatar is "lame", and that the story is "crap", counts as non-insulting or constructive. The poster's writing is much more immature than anything written in Tales of Unity. I guess he missed the irony.

Most devs lack in this regard and don't use an hour or so explaining themselves and their project, this alone avoids tons of negative backlash.
I doubt that many of the posters here hop on over to the dev's Patron before posting to read the devs bio. Even if the dev were to write a few pages about their life story and creative motivation, I can't see that the type of user to spew insults at the dev on his first few posts to this site, would notice or care.

On the other hand: If your set premise of bad comments is to bring a game down wouldn't it be way more effective to write bad reviews and so directly affect the rating of the game?
They probably haven't found the review button yet, fortunately.

Green Layer

Aug 8, 2020
Hello There

Got in after a long time, any idea when the game was put on hold and when it'll be back.

I played the initial versions and put it on hold to give it time to grow. just came back today to find it [On Hold] lol

Reactions: Stronkboi

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Hello There

Got in after a long time, any idea when the game was put on hold and when it'll be back.

I played the initial versions and put it on hold to give it time to grow. just came back today to find it [On Hold] lol
Hey, the project has been on hold for more or less 14 month.
My IRL situation has been evolving a lot and I should soon get back on track, atleast I hope!

I've also been working on a secondary project in a therapeutic way which should too come out soon enough.
Right now the game has I'd say atleast over two hours of story content.

If my workflow remains consistant and I know it will for the coming weeks, 0.11 should come out around mid July.

Green Layer

Aug 8, 2020
Hey, the project has been on hold for more or less 14 month.
My IRL situation has been evolving a lot and I should soon get back on track, atleast I hope!

I've also been working on a secondary project in a therapeutic way which should too come out soon enough.
Right now the game has I'd say atleast over two hours of story content.

If my workflow remains consistant and I know it will for the coming weeks, 0.11 should come out around mid July.

Thanks a bunch, man. I really hope it gets better soon and am looking forward to the next update.

It's a nicegame, so I hope it gets all the success it deserves.

Reactions: Blueray

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Hey, just letting you guys know here in a quick post that I'm almost done with the update.
Unfortunately my sister's wedding literally snapped me in half as I had to stay up for way over 25 hours.
I ended up sleeping over 13 hours!
So I took two days off to go from Zombie to human being, everything should be ready in 2 days
Andthe public build will most likely go live the 1st of August to fit my birthday haha, the good news is that it may contain more content than the pre release.

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
Hey, just letting you guys know here in a quick post that I'm almost done with the update.
Unfortunately my sister's wedding literally snapped me in half as I had to stay up for way over 25 hours.
I ended up sleeping over 13 hours!
So I took two days off to go from Zombie to human being, everything should be ready in 2 days
Andthe public build will most likely go live the 1st of August to fit my birthday haha, the good news is that it may contain more content than the pre release.
no prob stronk if the next release is like the last ones then it iwll be worth the wait

Reactions: Blueray

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017

Tales of Unity 0.11 is now available for everyone!
I want to apologize once again for putting the game on hold, I had to take time off to figure out a few things about myself and my projects!

I hope that you'll enjoy it!

May 15, 2022

Tales of Unity 0.11 is now available for everyone!
I want to apologize once again for putting the game on hold, I had to take time off to figure out a few things about myself and my projects!

I hope that you'll enjoy it!
Getting errors. Multiple and they all say the same thing.

scene black fade
Exception: Image 'black' does not accept attributes 'fade'.

If you need more I'll DM you the traceback.

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
Getting errors. Multiple and they all say the same thing.

scene black fade
Exception: Image 'black' does not accept attributes 'fade'.

If you need more I'll DM you the traceback.
Go ahead
When does it happen?
EDIT: Just found the issue, it comes from my sorry ass in the early game, the game began dev in a different version of Ren'py., just "Ignore" through each similar error and things should work nicely until I post the fix, sorry about that!

Last edited:
Reactions: Groundslam

jaq847

Oct 17, 2020
The game is still alive?!?! WOW!! Stronkboi welcome back!! I never imagined being able to see your game again in the updated section!

Stronkboi

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2017
The game is still alive?!?! WOW!! Stronkboi welcome back!! I never imagined being able to see your game again in the updated section!
Thanks!
And I did take a VERY lengthy break, but I never gave up on the game

• Red Heart
Reactions: jaq847
4.40 star(s) 33 Votes