punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
It's a shitty incest method when the dev gives priority to the stupid landlady/roommate dynamic for the base script. MC and sis still calls the mom by her name all the time since the game is coded to use her name instead of the relationship frequently.
They always call her mom in my game. I actually forgot what her name was.

Reactions: House Of Black
Mar 3, 2022
I don't think you know how much a single 2d animation would cost, hahaha.
When we have something like 3000 patrons, maybe.
Btw we have animations. They're simple, but they're moving.
You mean static pictures? Well they are not animations but yeah people tend to say them ''Static animations'' i gues :) Well thanks for answer, 3k patron ha? Good luck i gues, but without proper animations i didn't saw any game reached 3k patron.

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
You mean static pictures? Well they are not animations but yeah people tend to say them ''Static animations'' i gues :) Well thanks for answer, 3k patron ha? Good luck i gues, but without proper animations i didn't saw any game reached 3k patron.
I mean, I was just trying to tell you that we can't afford to comission animated scenes in the way you want.
500 patrons might seem a lot, but take in consideration that most are 1$ and 3$ tiers. And we have two games. Also, patreon and paypal fees.

Mar 3, 2022
I mean, I was just trying to tell you that we can't afford to comission animated scenes in the way you want.
500 patrons might seem a lot, but take in consideration that most are 1$ and 3$ tiers. And we have two games. Also, patreon and paypal fees.
Oh, i got it. Most of them being $1 and $3 and fees makes sense.

krall1

Oct 19, 2017
At the start when you chose the relationship between mc and mary i write mother yet mc calls her as mary instead of mom or mother. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

PervyBetty

Apr 4, 2017
At the start when you chose the relationship between mc and mary i write mother yet mc calls her as mary instead of mom or mother. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?
Last time I played (probably a year or so ago) I named her "mom" as well and that worked. However, since then other characters have been introduced and in this update, the Aunt called her "mom" too.

As stated earlier, it's a shitty, immersion-breaking method. Either you call her by her first name or other characters will also call her mom.

Reactions: smjin and desmosome

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Last time I played (probably a year or so ago) I named her "mom" as well and that worked. However, since then other characters have been introduced and in this update, the Aunt called her "mom" too.

As stated earlier, it's a shitty, immersion-breaking method. Either you call her by her first name or other characters will also call her mom.
Some devs lack common sense when it comes to this kinda stuff.

I have not played this past the very early game yet, but I'll bet my left nut that the story does not make any sense with landlady and roommate. There is no family dynamic with your landlady. She will not raise you like a son since childhood for no reason. You pay rent to your landlord/landlady, that's it. If it was something like a family friend who took you in after your parents passed away, it could make sense, but that would require actually wriing a proper backstory. It also has it's own problems with user defined relationships.

There is a mom's name variable. Lets call it [m_name]. There is a mom's relationship variable, say [m_relation].

Let's look at a very basic example.
"Good morning, ____. Did you sleep well?"

If you use [m_name], it will make sense for the landlady (ignoring that fact that you are living like a son with your landlady) and family friend dynamics. It won't make sense for the incest relationship because you will not call your mom by her first name. If you use [m_relation], it will make sense for the incest, but not for those non-incest relationships.

You can write around this occasionally to make things work for both versions, but more often than not, it will not be possible and just the fact that you have to constantly worry about it is a constraint on writing (unless you just don't give a fuck about it like this dev).

You have to sacrifice either the non-incest or the incest version when using "word replacement patch"/"user input systems." So which route do we sacrifice? Well, the answer is painfully obvious. No one (hyperbole, I know) is playing this shit with landlady and roommate because that dynamic makes no sense in this story. This is an incest story, so when deciding if you want to use [m_name] or [m_relation], give preference to the way that makes sense on the incest version. Saying, "Good morning, Landlady. Did you sleep well?" is a small price to pay to get rid of the immersion breaking script on the incest path, which is obviously the intended story for this game.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Yes you are. In my playthrough of the update the mc and his sister call her mom, the mom refers to the mc and his sister as her children (son/daughter), the mc and the sister refer to each other as such, the mc refers to the mom and the twins mom as sisters, and the twins as his cousins.

Reactions: Gilgamesh_Dinger

krall1

Oct 19, 2017
Yes you are. In my playthrough of the update the mc and his sister call her mom, the mom refers to the mc and his sister as her children (son/daughter), the mc and the sister refer to each other as such, the mc refers to the mom and the twins mom as sisters, and the twins as his cousins.

Ok then what should i write instead of mother and sister?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Ok then what should i write instead of mother and sister?
For me I did "Mother" and "Sister" with caps and change there names to Ann and Lisa.
Sometime MC still uses the name but a lot of the time its mother and sister.

krall1

Oct 19, 2017
For me I did "Mother" and "Sister" with caps and change there names to Ann and Lisa.
Sometime MC still uses the name but a lot of the time its mother and sister.
I used mom and sister.
I found the problem after checking the scripts.rpa. Just like @desmosome mentioned, it is codding problem. The developer uses 2 variables [mom] and [momrole] the first one being the name and the second is the role (Mary and Mother respectively). In the scripts however, mc time to time uses name variable ([mom]) to address her which in return creates the problem i face.

Code:
pov "Geez, [mom], I already told you to stop washing my clothes without asking first."  //line 4280
My solution for the problem is simpler than the @desmosome suggestions, just add third variable which how mc calls them so you can have other people use the name and mc use third variable mom and sis for example.

Anyway hope it improves further on the line otherwise it is pretty annoying.

Does anybody know how to do; change [mom] with mom, if the line starts with pov? That would be a simple solution for it.

3.60 star(s) 108 Votes