Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Superb art, insanely annoying minigame. I wanted to scream at the screen until I found the solution. Just use the arrow keys with three fingers and tap right-down-left as fast as you can until the scene ends.
What version of the game do you have? Sounds like it's old one :unsure:

aderpofni

Sep 12, 2018
Well this is interesting. The art looks beautiful, interactive scenes are very welcome, and I am impressed by the creativity. It's nice to see a developer with a spark of inspiration.

Reading your posts about the importance of storytelling and gameplay are also refreshing. Games are an interactive medium, and far too few devs try to properly harness that.

Truthfully, you've almost certainly bit off more than you can chew. Telling an interactive story without dialogue forces a lot of emphasis on having a wealth of well designed visuals, interactive scenes must take a lot of development hours, as do minigames, and on top of that making an engaging survival game is a lot of work by itself.

But you have my support for trying! Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: Asmodeev

krank

Apr 30, 2018
What version of the game do you have? Sounds like it's old one :unsure:
"0.2.0-pc"

I discovered this when I noticed that it's "easier" (well...) to control the plane if you press the right button before the circle appears on her boobs (i.e. before the plane has started to tilt dangerously in one direction). Once the plane has started to tilt it will crash insanely fast, especially if you press the wrong button or you're 0.1 seconds too late.

Pressing the wrong button while the plane is level seems to not matter so much as long as you press the right button soon after.

But as I said, the art is amazing.. The survival gameplay is good, it's at least not infuriating. Without the sex scenes it would probably make for a quite good mainstream survival point-and-click phone game.

As a general advice to all game devs, don't put minigames in sex scenes (although I personally think the typical fill-the-pleasure-bar minigame can be tolerable). But definitely do not make the minigame kill the MC if you fail.

Last edited:

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
The art looks awesome, but I suspect that the "emoji language" is gonna be a deal breaker for many of the older players (like me)... I'm barely able to use the emoji's on my phone without f*cking up what I'm trying to say, so trying to read what YOU'RE trying to say with a whole string of em... Yeah... Probably not gonna work well for me. :(

Reactions: HansDampf788

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
The art looks awesome, but I suspect that the "emoji language" is gonna be a deal breaker for many of the older players (like me)... I'm barely able to use the emoji's on my phone without f*cking up what I'm trying to say, so trying to read what YOU'RE trying to say with a whole string of em... Yeah... Probably not gonna work well for me. :(
Thanks for feedback!

First games, that I played, didn't had much texts at all (Mario, arkanoid, tetris etc), so as older player I don't find a big problem in this approach :unsure:. There are no "whole strings" of emojis in Tame It!, lines are carefully divided and simplified as much as possible. For example there are soft-limit of 4 emojis in a script line.
But anyways, it's normal that some gamers won't get or like the idea, we are ready to it, there will be more games from us with other unusual ideas in them :sneaky:.

P.S. Interesting note, my first game was Sopwith, at that time I couldn't even read. But Tame It! emoji system is not for children, obviously, but for non-english speakers and for sake of gameplay features, that will appear in couple of chapters :giggle:

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
The bigger our community becomes, the more important it is for us to share with you news about the development process. We've decided to do periodic small news on progress between releases to keep you informed (mainly on and ). At the same time, as before, exclusive wip news will be available for our patrons on the .

Last week we were occupied by crafting interface and mechanics, plot scenes and scenario texts of the second chapter. Yes, we write full thoughts and dialogs, that afterwards get rewrited as emojis. We'll tell you the details about this process later. As gallery voting comes to an end, we'll change our focus to that gallery, so it might appear in a new build in the 0.2 branch.

Meantime we've included press-kit into the roadmap, a step to broke the vicious circle of bad media coverage. Stay tuned and thanks for your support!
Home1.png

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Good news, everyone! =D

Thanks for waiting! We have finished the new chapter and are happy to finally present it to you.
We planned to do more for the 0.3.0 release, but we don't want to make our patrons wait any longer. This is a gift to us and our players to celebrate the end of the year ;)

In this chapter you will find new adventures on the island, a mysterious new character, new abilities for creating various things and cooking, and a new mini-game.

In mid-January we plan to make another additional release, in which we will finalize all the planned features.

We hope you enjoy it.
Have fun playing and happy holidays! :))

Download links and changelog are in the first post!
tameit_chapter2.jpg

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Good news, everyone! =D

Thanks for waiting! We have finished the new chapter and are happy to finally present it to you.
We planned to do more for the 0.3.0 release, but we don't want to make our patrons wait any longer. This is a gift to us and our players to celebrate the end of the year ;)

In this chapter you will find new adventures on the island, a mysterious new character, new abilities for creating various things and cooking, and a new mini-game.

In mid-January we plan to make another additional release, in which we will finalize all the planned features.

We hope you enjoy it.
Have fun playing and happy holidays! :))

Download links and changelog are in the first post!
View attachment 958913
Cat girl? Oh yeah, can't wait to download and playing this update. And that Mid January update too, wonder what content you missed putting in this one?

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
One more suggestion, I think collecting items takes unnecessarily long time. It feels too clunky for no reason.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Are the old 0.2 saves working?

Everytime I click on the hut the game crashes. I guess I'll start a new game :cry:

Chrysall

Jul 23, 2018
Great art, although I absolutely hate how the MC looks.
A stunning, hot blonde girl on one hand and a guy who looks as if he has one chromosome too much on the other, it just doesn't fit.

boredtotears

May 15, 2020

Everytime I click on the hut the game crashes. I guess I'll start a new game :cry:
I had the same problem so I started over. Now I seem to be stuck at a bug. I made fire the first time, but when it goes out and I try to re-make it, nothing happens. The items are removed from my inventory, but the fire doesn't burn. And that seems to be preventing me from moving forward.

quest4zen

Apr 3, 2020
I had the same problem so I started over. Now I seem to be stuck at a bug. I made fire the first time, but when it goes out and I try to re-make it, nothing happens. The items are removed from my inventory, but the fire doesn't burn. And that seems to be preventing me from moving forward.
I am having the same issue with the fire.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019

Sad, but no, renpy manages saves internally and it's very hard to keep them compatible when game mechanics are changes so much. But we plan to do chapter selector in the next big update, so this problem will be resolved at least partially. And I hope that in the future updates there will be less mechanic changes, so we'll have resources to make saves compatible.

Great art, although I absolutely hate how the MC looks.
A stunning, hot blonde girl on one hand and a guy who looks as if he has one chromosome too much on the other, it just doesn't fit.
Lee's character and physical build are developing with the story flow, just give him a time to mature ;)

I am having the same issue with the fire.
We trying to reproduce this problem, but with no luck. May I ask you to send me (here or in our Discord) save file?!

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes