Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Is the title a reference to Magnolia?
Hm, movie with Tom Cruise?
This looks amazing but sex scenes are animated? Or only pictured?
There are some animations and we plan to add more as live2D support will be implemented in the engine.

One more suggestion, I think collecting items takes unnecessarily long time. It feels too clunky for no reason.
These tasks should give player a feeling of time passing, so there are some pause. We'll disscuss if we can shorten it by a second or so. There will be more collectibles in the near future that you can just grab (as Tonya's photo on one of the locations).
And I should mention that idea of some voice-over was warmly accepted by the team, but as it requires major sound editing or even recording. We can't do it right now with our resources. We'll set it as Patreon goal and I hope we'll manage to reach it!

Cat girl? Oh yeah, can't wait to download and playing this update. And that Mid January update too, wonder what content you missed putting in this one?
There are number of collectibles that I mention earlier, one secondary building and edibles with side-effects, such as vivid dreams ;)

Reactions: abada25

Cernunnos5000

Feb 14, 2020
Tried to play it with the current version, but up to now it is only mindless buggy grinding without any progress or even female characters on the island. Seems river only has water in the morning, trees only have leaves in the morning and you can't find any bamboo in the bamboo forest. Could be the program not finding some bamboo png though (bug). What did I miss?

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
1609102466885.png
: /
Well, this game has potential. The whole emoji being as a dialogue is quite a unique idea but at the same time, will people adjust to it? Also the art is nice ! ; )

Reactions: Asmodeev

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hm, movie with Tom Cruise?

There are some animations and we plan to add more as live2D support will be implemented in the engine.

These tasks should give player a feeling of time passing, so there are some pause. We'll disscuss if we can shorten it by a second or so. There will be more collectibles in the near future that you can just grab (as Tonya's photo on one of the locations).
And I should mention that idea of some voice-over was warmly accepted by the team, but as it requires major sound editing or even recording. We can't do it right now with our resources. We'll set it as Patreon goal and I hope we'll manage to reach it!

There are number of collectibles that I mention earlier, one secondary building and edibles with side-effects, such as vivid dreams ;)
I hope the hot airplane pilot will come back soon. Please tell us she's safe and sound.

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Tried to play it with the current version, but up to now it is only mindless buggy grinding without any progress or even female characters on the island. Seems river only has water in the morning, trees only have leaves in the morning and you can't find any bamboo in the bamboo forest. Could be the program not finding some bamboo png though (bug). What did I miss?
Thanks for feedback, water is available all day and has zero cooldown. Other tasks has different cooldown, usually it's one day. Lee don't like grind, so he won't chop wood or gather leaves all day on one place. Also Lee can't work at night and can't work in the evening before you build bonfire for him. If you'll see any bug, please send traceback to me here or on discord. (y)

: /
Well, this game has potential. The whole emoji being as a dialogue is quite a unique idea but at the same time, will people adjust to it? Also the art is nice ! ; )
Thanks for your kind words! Quoted bug was fixed, thanks, I'll upload new build soon!

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
I hope the hot airplane pilot will come back soon. Please tell us she's safe and sound.
She (Tonya) has her own story after crash, that we periodically show as art on our Patreon page :giggle:
Maybe Lee will meet her in the future, it depends on players choices with island girls. But that's already is a spoiler :)

• Angry
Reactions: Jccurtis

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Honestly I think they are bit too long, almost long enough to make me alt-tab :D I am not sure about that, maybe it would feel better if MC had a basic 2-3 frame loop animations per activity? (detail-less and not cg style)

And I am glad the team like the voice idea, and I understand that it is a hard thing to add to the game. Especially if you want to make it good enough.

Anyway, I am really interested to see where this game will go considering emoji idea is pretty interesting in a genre that text takes a good portion of the games.

ps. Lastly, what do you mean Live2D will be included in the Engine? RenPy will calculate it real-time? I am an amateur animator myself (haven't made anything +18 yet tho) so that made me interested :)

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Honestly I think they are bit too long, almost long enough to make me alt-tab :D I am not sure about that, maybe it would feel better if MC had a basic 2-3 frame loop animations per activity? (detail-less and not cg style)
We tested this variant in the early builds and there was also a variant with the animation in progress window, instead of the progress bar. Then there was decided to concentrate on main game content with thoughts that we'll return to it later. :whistle:

ps. Lastly, what do you mean Live2D will be included in the Engine? RenPy will calculate it real-time? I am an amateur animator myself (haven't made anything +18 yet tho) so that made me interested :)
Yes, in the next version RenPy can work with JSON L2D files, so there are possibility to make real-time and even dynamic animations. It's in the prerelease state currently so I hope it'll come out in month or two.

Reactions: abada25

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Just gave this a go and enjoyed it very much. The emoji thing was confusing some times, but surprisingly clear at others. The art is excellent.

I do have an issue with the grind. For these types of games, the eating and drinking mechanics actualy work pretty well without being overly cumbersome, since it is not required constantly. The big problem is that we typically only get 2 actions per day, (and sometimes only one!) before we have to go to sleep again. That is what was getting tedious for me. Give us twice as many actions per day and the game play would be much improved.

jems242

Dec 9, 2020
Is this a sandbox? I don't see it in the tags but reading patchnotes it makes it sound like you have some sort of freedom like that

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Great art, although I absolutely hate how the MC looks.
A stunning, hot blonde girl on one hand and a guy who looks as if he has one chromosome too much on the other, it just doesn't fit.
Actually fully agree. He looks like you average Irish chav. Of course its totally worth putting up with his looks for the art.

Reactions: Chrysall

fartacus

Feb 9, 2018
Actually fully agree. He looks like you average Irish chav. Of course its totally worth putting up with his looks for the art.
He looks like the physical manifestation of the power of all the twelve year olds on original Xbox live multiplayer for Halo 1; to say he looks like a complete asshole would be an understatement right along with saying that early hominids just figuring out basic tools would be a little unprepared for manned space travel would be.

You're already cheating on the writing by using emojis, cheating on that aspect as well seems like a bridge too far.

• Haha

Asmodeev

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2019
Just gave this a go and enjoyed it very much. The emoji thing was confusing some times, but surprisingly clear at others. The art is excellent.

I do have an issue with the grind. For these types of games, the eating and drinking mechanics actualy work pretty well without being overly cumbersome, since it is not required constantly. The big problem is that we typically only get 2 actions per day, (and sometimes only one!) before we have to go to sleep again. That is what was getting tedious for me. Give us twice as many actions per day and the game play would be much improved.
Thanks for complex feedback! You get it right, for the beginning it's hard just to survive, because you have a little number of actions, restricted by healing methods and Lee is not experienced (and yes, he have skills like gathering and hunting which improves with time). It's made by design as Lee is surviving after plane crash. In the second chapter, that just came out, you build bonfire, make a spear and survival is become a little less problem (but there is a bigger problem in the end of the chapter :D). Later in the game there will be more unlockable features that makes basic functions much easier, but there will be new challenges for both Lee and the player :giggle:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Thanks for complex feedback! You get it right, for the beginning it's hard just to survive, because you have a little number of actions, restricted by healing methods and Lee is not experienced (and yes, he have skills like gathering and hunting which improves with time). It's made by design as Lee is surviving after plane crash. In the second chapter, that just came out, you build bonfire, make a spear and survival is become a little less problem (but there is a bigger problem in the end of the chapter :D). Later in the game there will be more unlockable features that makes basic functions much easier, but there will be new challenges for both Lee and the player :giggle:
Just let the hot blondie back and everybody will be happy ;)

3.40 star(s) 76 Votes