Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Netori content is always appreciated :cool:

Thanks for the update (y)
And thank YOU for playing :BootyTime:

I don't understand .. on another site this game has an incest tag, on this one it doesn't
Yeah I guess the tags were not updated for a long while. Could a mod update this thread with the following tags please:
cheating, creampie, handjob, harem, incest, oral sex, romance, vaginal sex?

• Love
Reactions: midway_02

Henr11

Compressor
Jun 4, 2020
Taste of Life [v0.7] [Daruko] - Compressed

You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.
Developer: Waifston

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Original Win/Linux Size: 1,51 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 170 MB
-

Original Mac Size: 1,51 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 135 MB
-

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
The plot still is a complete mystery... the only thing we get to know is that the MC managed to get laid with his step-sis and his lonely neighbor. Moreover said classmates of the step-sis is eager to meet the MC. Well... I dunno how you would reveal the plot to us with the mysterious dreams, parallel universes talk, hair and eye changing color and some other things. You could say that I'm in on this ride, and here's hoping that along the journey, a harem end would be possible.

Thanks for the update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Daruko01

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022
Taste of Life [v0.7] [Daruko] - Compressed

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

Original Win/Linux Size: 1,51 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 170 MB
- Pixeldrain

Original Mac Size: 1,51 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 135 MB
- Pixeldrain
hey, HenriiTT,

thanks for your work.

cheers, mate.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Henr11

DisMel

Apr 15, 2021
Loving it so far. the girls designs are good, lily is cute and grace is beautiful, and thenMC design looks unique for once. did not expect to see vtubers mentioned, a pleasant addon. i am interested to see where the story goes, because there is potential. thanks for the update and good luck!

Last edited:

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
adumbtoy99 thank you so much for the review, and your first one at that, I feel honoured!
I will address some points from another reviewer below, I hope that it will answer some questions that you have.
But most of all, thank you for your patronage c:

Jnx thanks for the review, and fair points. I'd like to address a few of them.

- I only say that because the scope the Dev has for this is too large and overly ambitious. "Episodic" is a very strange story to strive for when episodes of every episode are put out sporadically themselves.
Honestly, it could be the case. I had the outline of a slow burn story in mind dating from several years back, and after discovering F95 I was like "Hey, why not adapt it in this format?". I chose an Episodic format cuz it will kind of allow me to experiment both in terms of stories and visually, I've learned a few things since I started working on Chapter 1 but I don't want to implement everything in Chapter 1 itself, especially for the sake of visual consistency. And yeah, I'm trying to get better at putting out more updates regularly, I'm still learning as to how to manage this project, work and life in a balanced way, my apologies.

- The inbetween moments in this is the MC watching VTubers. Or scrolling through reddit. Or he says "I made money in crypto." because he's already planned to leave home again, to meet other girls whose only trait is they find the MC attractive.
Lemao yeah tbh for the vtuber thing, one of the main reasons why I put that in the inbetween moments is really cuz that's what I've been doing in my downtime until a couple of weeks ago, watching vtuber compilations. I get how it may get some people miffed, it ain't for everyone. Reddit's gonna be a plot device in the future for travelling, and the crypto money part I wanted a quick way to show that the MC isn't broke, but isn't rich. A part time job while at uni wouldn't really help this cuz the MC was dealing with depression, and I remembered the Gamestop thing with reddit a few years back. And for the girls finding the MC attractive being one of their main personality traits, well, I've got more planned for Grace and Lily in future chapters, and there's a reason as to why they're attracted to him, they have a bigger role, and the story will not just stay at being daily everyday nothings, chapter 1 is just the setup. I'll leave it at that to not spoil anything.

Another reason why I'm keeping the first chapter pretty inoffensive, even boring at times as you say, is really cuz I'm taking this first chapter as a learning experience to have a better grip on Studio Neo, Renpy, time management, and writing in a Visual Novel format before putting in more interesting ambitious things the further along I go.

Reactions: DisMel

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
The plot still is a complete mystery... the only thing we get to know is that the MC managed to get laid with his step-sis and his lonely neighbor. Moreover said classmates of the step-sis is eager to meet the MC. Well... I dunno how you would reveal the plot to us with the mysterious dreams, parallel universes talk, hair and eye changing color and some other things. You could say that I'm in on this ride, and here's hoping that along the journey, a harem end would be possible.

Thanks for the update.
Thanks for playing, and don't worry, while I do have what I believe to be a pretty intricate story for Taste Of Life, the main goal of this game is still gonna be to bang every beauty you see so yeah, it's definitely gonna stay on the harem route c:

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I admit, saying sporadic was a little much, I only say that because it was a while since I tried it, then this update and there wasn't a lot added. But I do understand not everyone making these is a russian warehouse churning out shovelware. You're doing fine and I'm happy to hear you have a plan. As for the day to day comment, it was kinda harsh, sorry. That was a little bit me not liking Vtubers and a lotta bit me concerned you might be taking cues from "My New Family" the most boring thing on this site. I hope your ego isn't bashed being compared to something. (The review rules state I can't mention other titles in reviews which I hate) But I'd say since this is a lighter read, I get it, however the moments the MC are alone could be used to do the thing I was talking about. Give a little bit more info about what's to come. More than "Hmm.. Host families?"

Then again I am just some random ass on the internet so what do I know? I'm a bit of a special case, I know. These are just thing I have to think about because I've been considering writing one of these (as much as I bitch about them) And because my brain doesn't turn off when my penis is active, I'm one of the unfortunate few. lol

Reactions: DisMel

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I really wish they would add a stepcest tag lol. Not my thing, but I do wish you much success with your project. Cheers!
Hey no worries, thank you for taking the time to check my game out c:

I admit, saying sporadic was a little much, I only say that because it was a while since I tried it, then this update and there wasn't a lot added. But I do understand not everyone making these is a russian warehouse churning out shovelware. You're doing fine and I'm happy to hear you have a plan. As for the day to day comment, it was kinda harsh, sorry. That was a little bit me not liking Vtubers and a lotta bit me concerned you might be taking cues from "My New Family" the most boring thing on this site. I hope your ego isn't bashed being compared to something. (The review rules state I can't mention other titles in reviews which I hate) But I'd say since this is a lighter read, I get it, however the moments the MC are alone could be used to do the thing I was talking about. Give a little bit more info about what's to come. More than "Hmm.. Host families?"

Then again I am just some random ass on the internet so what do I know? I'm a bit of a special case, I know. These are just thing I have to think about because I've been considering writing one of these (as much as I bitch about them) And because my brain doesn't turn off when my penis is active, I'm one of the unfortunate few. lol
No worries my dude, I didn't take your feedback as personal attacks, and I don't mind being compared to other games. Tbh I kind of really like My New Family lemao. What games do you enjoy? What would you say your top 3 games on F95 are?

The mega link is broken
Try the link on my patreon, I tested it

Reactions: MrBlueStudios

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Hey no worries, thank you for taking the time to check my game out c:

No worries my dude, I didn't take your feedback as personal attacks, and I don't mind being compared to other games. Tbh I kind of really like My New Family lemao. What games do you enjoy? What would you say your top 3 games on F95 are?

Try the link on my patreon, I tested it
Well, sometimes I feel like I'm the only person to have actually read my new family, and I don't get it. But I won't go down that rabbit hole. The few games that I like, or at least don't irk me in some way are Now and Then, Light of my Life, and Single Again. 70% of that is due to the writing. I'm not saying I'm some enlightened non horny bastard. But I do like to read and the dialogue and situations in those feel slightly more thought out than "I copied this plot from brazzers"

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

Hey there everyone, I hope your week's ending well, and if not please do take this weekend for some self-care and replenish yourself. With the release of 0.7 a week back, Chapter 1 is reaching completion. As you may have guessed, by the end of Chapter 1 our main character will be leaving on an adventure around the world, and each upcoming chapter will have its own self-contained little story but with some elements connecting to a bigger over-arching plot, which leaves me some room to experiment with some simple or crazy little stories.

With that said, I would LOVE to hear about what you think of the game so far. What do you think is good? What do you think I could improve upon? What kind of stories and characters would you like to see in future chapters?

I have also seen some people saying that they don't really enjoy the main character's "edgier" look, which I understand. His appearance IS pretty important to the overall plot, but I plan on maybe changing his looks by the end of Chapter 1 in a way that still makes sense for the plot.

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017

A small gift while I work on the next update c:
You can get 4K NSFW versions of this wallpaper on my Patreon if you become a Great Taste patron or up!

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
TheDick69 thank a ton for the review c:
Grace will make appearances beyond chapter 1, so when she'll come back I definitely plan on overhauling her face to give her a bit more of a mature look. And as for the blurry feeling in some renders, a good part of it has to do because me not knowing how to light my characters properly, overblowing the brightness and making too pale and giving this blurry look. I'm taking chapter 1 as a learning experience to improve my skills for the next chapters, look forward to it c:

any plans for some fan sigs?
I'll be taking a look at that after I release 0.8, which shouldn't take too long, I'll be releasing it within this month.

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes