Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
after Meghan's jacket is off, you put pill in her drink, then ask her to take off her shirt:

"Well maybe something's wrong with them. How would you know if nobody ever saw them. I could check them out for you."

then goes to option:

"Sorry Kaitlyn, I got a hot tip that there might be some illegal activity going on here, I'm going to have to check it out."
This one is baffling to me because it makes no damn sense just looking at the code AND it doesn't occur on my end after several attempts to produce it. So while I'm stumped I have come up up with a hacky way I think might get around it. I'll be releasing an update shortly that (hopefully) fixes this issue and fixes all of the other that have been reported(which are much more straightforward).

Reactions: atlas114

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I assume you loaded an old save? Old saves won't work with this version, unfortunately. If it did happen on a new save let me know.
is this a bug

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 67, in script
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 67, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 312, in go
  File "game/script.rpy", line 90, in advanceTime
  File "game/script.rpy", line 340, in placeGirls
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'prime_location'
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 67, in script
  File "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Games\xxxxx!x\TP-1.302-win\renpy\ast.py", line 814, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Games\xxxxx!x\TP-1.302-win\renpy\python.py", line 1719, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/actions.rpy", line 67, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 312, in go
  File "game/script.rpy", line 90, in advanceTime
  File "game/script.rpy", line 340, in placeGirls
AttributeError: 'Girl' object has no attribute 'prime_location'
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Teacher's Pets 1.302

gun.del.hel

Mar 3, 2017
This one is baffling to me because it makes no damn sense just looking at the code AND it doesn't occur on my end after several attempts to produce it. So while I'm stumped I have come up up with a hacky way I think might get around it. I'll be releasing an update shortly that (hopefully) fixes this issue and fixes all of the other that have been reported(which are much more straightforward).
I have never created anything using ren'py but since it uses python...
I think the reason it's breaking is because in the relesase script file after the option

"Well maybe something's wrong with them. How would you know if nobody ever saw them. I could check them out for you."

the entirety of the rest of the event is behind an else tag for the "if first_bra"

so the next "menu" tag it sees belongs to "plant_heroin" event.

Last edited:
U

User_10739

Daughter's stats not changing, used 3 pills on her and still Romance -10, Control 0, Corruption 0.

Also when Meghan is told to take off shirt she doesn't then the text starts talking about Kaitlyn & black tar heroin???

First play through with no saves,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Munkey

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
Daughter's stats not changing, used 3 pills on her and still Romance -10, Control 0, Corruption 0.

Also when Meghan is told to take off shirt she doesn't then the text starts talking about Kaitlyn & black tar heroin???

First play through with no saves,
Daughter's stats only change during Thursday (movie watching) when you use a pill.

Game has several bugs:
1. Most of them involve Meghan.
- looping dialogue choice that lets you get +1 to her stats
- several errors
- text overflowing with Kaitlyn and drugs

2. Not sure if it's a bug but the daughter's stats do not increase when you use the pill inside her to room to watch her change clothes.

3. Beer icon doesn't get removed from your inventory after drinking it.

4. As far as the current content goes, there's no reason to take a bath. You'll lose 1 depravity if you take a bath and that's not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deftera

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Also after you finish the Kaitlyn dialogue, the scene resets to Meghan entering the classroom door.

U

User_10739

Daughter's stats only change during Thursday (movie watching) when you use a pill.

Game has several bugs:
1. Most of them involve Meghan.
- looping dialogue choice that lets you get +1 to her stats
- several errors
- text overflowing with Kaitlyn and drugs

2. Not sure if it's a bug but the daughter's stats do not increase when you use the pill inside her to room to watch her change clothes.

3. Beer icon doesn't get removed from your inventory after drinking it.

4. As far as the current content goes, there's no reason to take a bath. You'll lose 1 depravity if you take a bath and that's not good.
Anytime you use a pill it should affect at least control & corruption. I haven't figured out romance yet...

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I just uploaded 1.305 which I think should fix the Megan-Kait fallthrough problem. (I'm still unable to produce it so kind of flying blind here) On further reflection i'm sure it has something to do with the janky way Python uses indentation, and one of my indentations is off. I hate Python. Not sure why I haven't had it happen to me yet though.

Reactions: PostPost

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
Bug fix Windows
Mac version
Linux
This version is not compatible with old saves.
0073735963 enter this as credit card number for max stats

Last edited:

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Hi, first i wanted to let you know what an amazing game this is. But i hav a small problem, how do you remove older
saves? You see, when i download the newer version i also remove the older version but for some reason the saves
remain.

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
No plans to make items stack in the inventory? or is it low priority.

Using pill with daughter, picking you look like your mother... dialogue changes to the one you talk with the mother instead and ask her about her day.

I like the non MC dialogue.

Edit:
I thought the daughter shopping was a one time thing, it triggered again. Ver 1.302

Last edited:

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
You can sprinkle pills into daughter's drink during movie time multiple times. not sure if this is intentional or not but it really adds corruption stats quickly if you keep doing it (if you have enough pills)

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes