Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
Let us hope this is not some deluded zealot who will continue attacking Deem over and over... for what ever screwed up reasoning.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I'll probably piss of Irredeemable again with my cynicism, but these attacks are really starting to edge into the land of absurdity. Very few trojans can infect entire networks due to modern OS's requiring admin privs, so unless you have a home full of windows xp machines you should be okay.

There's also the possibility of local attacks, but that would mean that either Deem had A: WEP 'security' or he used TKIP and some neighbor decrypted his password using a 1080/ti. And even then, you really are just spying on traffic that isn't HTTPS. Which means your neighbor is simply pretending to be the NSA.....

I'm not going to accuse anyone of lying here, there's definitely the chance that some neighbor got pissed off that he can't drug someone anymore in a game, but that's probably 0.001% of a chance. But in the end, it's not so simple to hack someone's network, even if you have their ip addess, which is your public ip address btw and not your private ip addresses which actually are the ip addresses your local network uses. Usually people develop sophisticated trojans and have people either download them or install them from usb drives.

Also, multiple pcs were bricked. How the hell does that even happen? Esp. when we're talking trojans that are meant for hijacking networks, not viruses that screw up your bios. How do you hijack a network if you brick a pc? What's the point? It's like blowing up a country you want to take over. Usually trojans behave in the same manner for all devices they are compatible with.

Assuming this happened, somebody downloaded something from the internet they shouldn't have in a house full of windows xp machines, and then somehow got everything up and safe in a matter of days with a bunch of new copies of windows 7/10. I suppose it could also have been a router virus, but usually those just change your dns to a criminals dns.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
I'll probably piss of Irredeemable again with my cynicism, but these attacks are really starting to edge into the land of absurdity. Very few trojans can infect entire networks due to modern OS's requiring admin privs, so unless you have a home full of windows xp machines you should be okay.

There's also the possibility of local attacks, but that would mean that either Deem had A: WEP 'security' or he used TKIP and some neighbor decrypted his password using a 1080/ti. And even then, you really are just spying on traffic that isn't HTTPS. Which means your neighbor is simply pretending to be the NSA.....

I'm not going to accuse anyone of lying here, there's definitely the chance that some neighbor got pissed off that he can't drug someone anymore in a game, but that's probably 0.001% of a chance. But in the end, it's not so simple to hack someone's network, even if you have their ip addess, which is your public ip address btw and not your private ip addresses which actually are the ip addresses your local network uses. Usually people develop sophisticated trojans and have people either download them or install them from usb drives.

Also, multiple pcs were bricked. How the hell does that even happen? Esp. when we're talking trojans that are meant for hijacking networks, not viruses that screw up your bios. How do you hijack a network if you brick a pc? What's the point? It's like blowing up a country you want to take over. Usually trojans behave in the same manner for all devices they are compatible with.

Assuming this happened, somebody downloaded something from the internet they shouldn't have in a house full of windows xp machines, and then somehow got everything up and safe in a matter of days with a bunch of new copies of windows 7/10. I suppose it could also have been a router virus, but usually those just change your dns to a criminals dns.
2 routers and (I assume) a repeater were bricked (at least, I'm not going to risk putting the repeater back on the network. I don't see any benefit in talking about it further. Clearly you know much more about the situation than I do, who was sitting there watching the event viewer.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
2 routers and (I assume) a repeater were bricked (at least, I'm not going to risk putting the repeater back on the network. I don't see any benefit in talking about it further. Clearly you know much more about the situation than I do, who was sitting there watching the event viewer.
If you are truly being targeted by an insane individual I suggest PRTG over windows' crap. It's one of the better networking monitoring software packages for network admins, although there's a learning curve...

As it is, your situation is too insane to swallow. You are either the most unluckiest person I've heard of lately or..

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
If you are truly being targeted by an insane individual I suggest PRTG over windows' crap. It's one of the better networking monitoring software packages for network admins, although there's a learning curve...

As it is, your situation is too insane to swallow. You are either the most unluckiest person I've heard of lately or..
... or you have no idea what you're talking about. Or did you mean I'm lying?

Which feels great, when you've been through one of the most stressful weeks of your life, and some internet expert possessing none of the facts comes along to tell you that you're lying. So there never was a hacker to begin with and this was my master plan on how to lose thousands of dollars? How about I show you the emails from my mx provider confirming that he attempted to transfer domain, set up DDNS, and repeatedly changed my mx settings. Or the logs from 1&1 that show about 50 different spoofed IPs running amok. Or the receipt for the $300 router I bought to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

Or how about you just fuck off.

L

Lenor

... or you have no idea what you're talking about. Or did you mean I'm lying?

Which feels great, when you've been through one of the most stressful weeks of your life, and some internet expert possessing none of the facts comes along to tell you that you're lying. So there never was a hacker to begin with and this was my master plan on how to lose thousands of dollars? How about I show you the emails from my mx provider confirming that he attempted to transfer domain, set up DDNS, and repeatedly changed my mx settings. Or the logs from 1&1 that show about 50 different spoofed IPs running amok. Or the receipt for the $300 router I bought to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

Or how about you just fuck off.
You can't attack someone for not believing you. It's on you to provide proof of your claims, not on him to disprove them.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
@irredeemable Hey man, I'm sorry you're going through all this drama and bullshit. I don't know what the deal is or who has chip on their shoulder concerning you but I hope you get everything straightened out and can continue to dev your game in peace.

Reactions: Hedgehog

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
I've heard and read a lot of idiotic things but this is special. Prove what? And here, where do you get the game for free? Unbelievable.
You must be born yesterday then. Some people around here are patreon supporters. Not asking questions and automatically believing everything a person says is a good way to get ripped off. And I'm not someone 'with no idea of what i'm talking about', I'm a network admin. But whatever, I'll fuck off, this is only turning into a flame war.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Yes, that's a great way to rip people off. Create an elaborate hoax which ends in me telling all of my patrons half way through the month that that the game is going to be delayed, then watching all the pledges drop to $1 and any sizable pledges stop coming coming in. It would have worked too, but for your master sleuthery.

L

Lenor

It's not on me to provide proof of anything. If you don't believe me then go away and please never come back.
You got angry at someone because they didn't provide proof against what you said without providing any proof yourself. It's called burden of proof:

You make a claim and you provide proof or you don't have any right to get angry at someone for not believing you. And then you get angry at me for simply stating a fact.

I've heard and read a lot of idiotic things but this is special. Prove what? And here, where do you get the game for free? Unbelievable.
Prove that he was hacked. You don't need to insult me btw.

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
Here now. What's all this then?

I'm pretty new here but is there any chance we could let that little back and forth go? Trust or no, casting aspersions doesn't seem to benefit anyone here. Dude's clearly suffering so why kick him while he's down? If you've got it all figured out, awesome. If you can't help, why heckle?

TheAvatar

Apr 28, 2017
My uncle bought a God-Tier PC two months ago and it got, like, stroke dead after three weeks. Two thousand bucks were lost that day. Such things happen, it's called Murphy's Law. For how implausible, it rules our lives.

paladin07

May 28, 2017
You can't attack someone for not believing you. It's on you to provide proof of your claims, not on him to disprove them.
Dude,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
@irredeemable has always been upfront and engaged with the pirate community here at F95 which is one reason I have patroned his game. Plus I really enjoy his game! 'Deem had a shitty time with Patreon and now he's being fucked with by some malevolent hacker. When he comes here he should get some accolades and some laughs, not attacks. He has not given any of us one reason not to trust him.

Last edited:

dutchpete

Jun 11, 2017
So this is a piracy site, that much I understand.
What I can not understand is that a game developer, and a good one as well, is being atacked here.
You download the game for free and then complain about a late update and do not believe the developer when he gives a reason why.
Strange.
Apart from the Patreon incest witchhunt the man had a serious problem with his hardware.
We have all had that in the past and it can happen to anyone, anytime.
So cut the guy some slack and eagerly await his next update bgecause it will come I am sure of it.
And now i will become his patron as well just to prove my faith in him.

JakSnow

May 13, 2017
So this is a piracy site, that much I understand.
What I can not understand is that a game developer, and a good one as well, is being atacked here.
You download the game for free and then complain about a late update and do not believe the developer when he gives a reason why.
Strange.
Apart from the Patreon incest witchhunt the man had a serious problem with his hardware.
We have all had that in the past and it can happen to anyone, anytime.
So cut the guy some slack and eagerly await his next update bgecause it will come I am sure of it.
And now i will become his patron as well just to prove my faith in him.
Is he complaining about the late update or just questioning the reason why? Personally I'm not bothered by any delay, but Deem's story is a bit odd. Around 90% of hacks these days revolve around someone going on a website without proper security (malware) or downloading something they shouldn't, like a torrent without a known source. I can't imagine anyone with the skills to hack someone beyond that scope would give a shit about an adult game developer. I'm sure there is some truth to the story and it's probably been embellished for dramatic effect but don't attack a guy for not believing someones word, unless evidence is presented he's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else.

irredeemable

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Is he complaining about the late update or just questioning the reason why? Personally I'm not bothered by any delay, but Deem's story is a bit odd. Around 90% of hacks these days revolve around someone going on a website without proper security (malware) or downloading something they shouldn't, like a torrent without a known source. I can't imagine anyone with the skills to hack someone beyond that scope would give a shit about an adult game developer. I'm sure there is some truth to the story and it's probably been embellished for dramatic effect but don't attack a guy for not believing someones word, unless evidence is presented he's entitled to his opinion just like everyone else.
I assume he got my IP from when he hacked the first site(which also gave him basically all of my personal information since it had the two emails that I have used for the past 20 years or more), hacked my router and that's how he was able find me setting up websites at hosts I had never used before with no domain names associated with them.

After I called him out of Patreon for the threat, or whatever it was supposed to be, he got mad and decided to take down my network. Most of the traffic in ipstat was from fake network names. The Events were all things like changing group permissions and, fltrmanager (or something like that), creating fake certificates, scheduling tasks to launch, etc. This was all in the span of a few minutes. Clearly a lot of scripting was involved.

I was not embellishing, if anything I left a lot of shit out. Because if anything it's probably less secure for me to go into specifics, and I simply don't want to talk about it. Which reminds me, I don't want to fucking talk about it.

The last thing I want to do right now is defend myself against a bunch of cynical assholes and know-it-all dime-a-fucking-dozen "network admins."

Last edited:

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
What you have to remember though deem is...

Some people are arseholes (in general, not pointing any fingers), never going to be able to change that. So fuck it, innit.

Also remember to remind yourself that you don't give two fucks what they say, do or think. Your life will run much smoother.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes