Ren'Py Abandoned Teacher's Pets [v2.06.1] [irredeemable]

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
Before I complain about all the things that don't work, will savegames from v1.9995 *EXISTING* but not used still bother the game? I started a new v2.0 game, but the v1.99995 save's still show up because RenPy can't decide where it's going to put saves.

Ryofu888

Jun 3, 2017
yes

the olds dont work, use this:
"player.depravity=x" -> change player depravity
"y.affection=x" -> change girls affection
"y.romance=x" -> change girls romance
"y.corruption=x" -> change girls corruption
"inventory.money=x" -> change amount of money

x = number
y = initial of girl (The girls are designated by the first letter of their name. Wife is 'w' and daughter is 'd.')
d.relationship=1
(on relationship 0=No Romance trigger, 1 = Romance possible)
so then how do you get past the HJ scene with daughter?

Reactions: nightkay

Abyssimus

Dec 4, 2017
Those of you who can't get past the HJ scene:
1. download the patch
2. unzip it
3. move the patch.rpy file to the (game)\Renpy\ folder, overwriting the old patch.rpy file
4. the HJ scene ends with another kiss. Click a couple of times to get the text moving.

"I did that" -- read steps 3 and 4 again. This is how I installed the patch and the HJ scene works for me.

bvobanagus

Aug 18, 2017
Code:
  Big new stuff:
    New scenes added, predominantly Kaitlyn-oriented, including animations. Both animations have been thoroughly reworked and the locker room animation has been expanded.
    Dotty scene finished including complete animation.
  Not as big new stuff/changes:
    Important news updates now optionally available from main menu. This simply downloads a small JSON(i.e. plain text) file and image(if necessary) over HTTPS if a news update is available. In the future I will use this to for patch notifications and seeking bowling partners.
    Superstore inventory screen changed. It is now larger and will incorporate scroll bars if the item list grows beyond its bounds.
    Additional renders added.
    Post-processing work completed on all new renders.
  Even less big new stuff/changes:
    Built with recently released Renpy version 6.99.14. This may result in noticeable performance increases. For more information see https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/changelog.html
    Removed tutorial screens, many of which were outdated. They will be replaced by an entirely different system in a future update.
    Added tooltips to the HUD icons (depravity, inventory, etc.) and more consistently styled tooltips across the various screens.
    Updated some outdated buttons. Ugh.
    Typos added (probably).
  Balance changes:
    Relationships now have three stages: "acquainted," "interested," and "infatuated," replacing the old interested/not interested system. This status is now reflected on the relationship info screen.
    Weekly pay increased from $200 to $250.
    Tweaked odds on many events.
    Changed prices/inventory max/store max for several items.
    Unlimited cheat should now work for all relevant items.
    If multiple events both win a roll to fire, the event with the highest odds will be fired. In the past this was determined by random choice among winning rolls (with the exception of events with odds of 100+). This means rare events will be rarer if they're competing for the same trigger with more common events.
  Fixes:
    Typo fixes
    Kaitlyn now correctly gives full payment for booze if requested.
    Opening a menu once the game has started should no longer trigger a missing label warning.
    Fixed an apparently ancient bug that was causing some triggers to roll for events twice (most notably walk halls and stay in room).
So...apparently there's a Kait locker room animation (still). I cannot find it for the life of me in 2.0. Anybody know where/how?

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Alright, going forward if no one reads the OP before posting. Its being deleted without warning. Repeat offenses will get warnings and/or thread bans. This has become one of the most time consuming threads to watch. If you nothing nice to say, please dont say it and read our site rules. They are there for a reason.

ShadrachVS

Jun 13, 2017
I know another Renpy game that had the same problem. Turns out it was the tool the dev had used to change the executable icon. When the dev went back to the default icon the whole problem went away for everyone. I suspect this is the same issue since it also has a custom icon. No good way around it on player side besides turning off real time scanning and trusting in the good will of the internet......
Add an exception to the .exe in your AV.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
    call _gl_test
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in script
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    $ __gl_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 363, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 388, in _gl_performance_test
    ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
error: No matching GL pixel format available
-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\main.py", line 520, in main
    run(restart)
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\main.py", line 149, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\execution.py", line 835, in run_context
    context.run()
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\python.py", line 1804, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ __gl_test()
    _gl_performance_test()
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2588, in interact
    self.start()
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 1760, in start
    self.set_mode()
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 1990, in set_mode
    if draw.set_mode(virtual_size, physical_size, fullscreen):
  File "Z:\home\mgarcia\Downloads\TP-2.0-win\renpy\display\swdraw.py", line 763, in set_mode
    self.screen = pygame.display.set_mode((scaled_width, scaled_height), fsflag, 32)
  File "pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 438, in pygame_sdl2.display.set_mode (gen\pygame_sdl2.display.c:6035)
  File "pygame_sdl2/display.pyx", line 168, in pygame_sdl2.display.Window.__init__ (gen\pygame_sdl2.display.c:2787)
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
    call _gl_test
    $ __gl_test()
    $ __gl_test()
    _gl_performance_test()
Looks like a graphics issue. You seem to be on Windows, so try checking your screen color depth is set to 32 (e.g. not 16) bits. Or try updating your graphics card drivers to latest available.

Also, just so you know, it looks like you are exposing some paths that may contain your name in your pasted log.

Reactions: bas

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
How is it fair that we're only allowed to say nice things about the game?

General
  1. Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not
    1. This includes trolling, belittling, etc

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Before I complain about all the things that don't work, will savegames from v1.9995 *EXISTING* but not used still bother the game? I started a new v2.0 game, but the v1.99995 save's still show up because RenPy can't decide where it's going to put saves.
I had to start a new game for 2.0 (was getting weirdness about a _relationship property) and the saves I had were from older versions.

Not a RenPy expert - so backup these folders first if you like - but I did this to delete the old saves (on Windows)

With the game not running
Win key + R
%appdata%\RenPy
Deleted everything in the bts-numbers folder
Deleted everything in the game saves folder TP-2.0-win\game\saves

Reactions: Papy.ion6984
L

Lenor

If you want to moderate what I say that's fine, nothing I can do about it. I'm one of the few that keep things real in this thread though, you'll be left with people who say deem is an amazing worker and the update is brilliant and worth the 6 month wait. It's simply not, I'm sorry.

Reactions: s4msepi0l

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
If you want to moderate what I say that's fine, nothing I can do about it. I'm one of the few that keep things real in this thread though, you'll be left with people who say deem is an amazing worker and the update is brilliant and worth the 6 month wait. It's simply not, I'm sorry.
Not saying I have to moderate what you do, its how you come across to others and staff. Being an asshole or commenting someone is being paid to state something, is what I will moderate.

L

Lenor

Thats what I love about people, the first thing that comes to mind.

The OP has been fixed to represent what the real version is.

Not saying I have to moderate what you do, its how you come across to others and staff. Being an asshole or commenting someone is being paid to state something, is what I will moderate.
I don't think I'm being an asshole, If I come across as one I'm sorry. I'm saying someone is getting paid to defend the dev/game/update simply because the game is so bad for 6 months of work that there is no other explanation other than being a friend.

Seriously, try 1.632 and 1.99995 and see for yourself. Maybe then you'll start giving warnings to those defending the game for not having standards and making people waste their time downloading this instead.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
I don't think I'm being an asshole, If I come across as one I'm sorry. I'm saying someone is getting paid to defend the dev/game/update simply because the game is so bad for 6 months of work that there is no other explanation other than being a friend.

Seriously, try 1.632 and 1.99995 and see for yourself. Maybe then you'll start giving warnings to those defending the game for not having standards and making people waste their time downloading this instead.
If someone wants to download the game because its bad, they can do it. If you want to give a review that states the game is horrible, then you can. But you have to do it in a way that its bashing the dev directly. It has to be about the game. Criticism is that fine line between calling that person a dick and indirectly calling him a dick.

In the end, I dont want to give warnings or ban people. But most of the time they never read the site rules or its outside of what criticism really is.

L

Lenor

If someone wants to download the game because its bad, they can do it. If you want to give a review that states the game is horrible, then you can. But you have to do it in a way that its bashing the dev directly. It has to be about the game. Criticism is that fine line between calling that person a dick and indirectly calling him a dick.

In the end, I dont want to give warnings or ban people. But most of the time they never read the site rules or its outside of what criticism really is.
Can't leave a review because apparently my 1 star review was too real.

3.20 star(s) 40 Votes