mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
i cant find the character viewer xD
It's not always visible. Try visiting the notice board during the day, or going home at night, and you'll see it. Look for the three icons to the left of the date and your current coin, in the upper right. The leftmost icon (the head silhouette) is the character viewer.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
It's not always visible. Try visiting the notice board during the day, or going home at night, and you'll see it. Look for the three icons to the left of the date and your current coin, in the upper right. The leftmost icon (the head silhouette) is the character viewer.
thank you : ) reason im asking is.... there no body character viewer xD

Companion artwork variants (bigger breasts, pregnant, etc.) implemented in the character viewer!

i dont see anything : (

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
thank you : ) reason im asking is.... there no body character viewer xD

Companion artwork variants (bigger breasts, pregnant, etc.) implemented in the character viewer!

i dont see anything : (
Commissions are expensive, so...not yet. ^^;;

PregKing

Aug 13, 2019
Remake 0.30

• When your companions return from being lost in the forest, there's a "getBellySizeValue" bug
  • Tentacles shouldn't randomly attack you in the city after you have a tentacle hive
  • Tentacles should rarely attack you in the forest after you have a tentacle hive
  • Tentacles shouldn't attack you at the riverfront after you have a tentacle hive
  • If encountering tentacles at the riverfront and you have a tentacle hive, give the option of fucking them
  • ALL of the original content from the Twine version of the game has been implemented!!

PC:

Mac:

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Remake 0.30

• When your companions return from being lost in the forest, there's a "getBellySizeValue" bug
  • Tentacles shouldn't randomly attack you in the city after you have a tentacle hive
  • Tentacles should rarely attack you in the forest after you have a tentacle hive
  • Tentacles shouldn't attack you at the riverfront after you have a tentacle hive
  • If encountering tentacles at the riverfront and you have a tentacle hive, give the option of fucking them
  • ALL of the original content from the Twine version of the game has been implemented!!

PC:
Mega

Mac:
Mega
Had to wait till the Workupload files finished uploading. :)

Frogperson

Jan 15, 2019
I remember being on this thread ages ago when I got stuck and mouseguru actually answered all my, somewhat inane, questions. Thrilled to see this pop up again in RenPy - it was really really good even without art (at least it tickled all my fancies), but i think too ambitious to be done justice in html. Love to come back to check on a game and see such positive changes!

• Red Heart
Reactions: mouseguru
Jul 28, 2019
mouseguru
The links in the OP to Walkthrough and Guide (under extras) both go to the same PDF. If intended suggest deleting one. :)

p.s. Looking forward to playing again now that the renpy version has got all the content. I very much enjoyed it last time through. (y)

3456ujwry

Jun 15, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

KeyError: u'_gender_she'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_jizzed_3.rpyc", line 90, in script

File "D:\Stuff\Playing\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute

renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)

File "D:\Stuff\Playing\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say

who(what, *args, **kwargs)

File "D:\Stuff\Playing\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1126, in __call__

what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))

File "D:\Stuff\Playing\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1115, in sub

return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]

File "D:\Stuff\Playing\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 253, in substitute

s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)

File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat

File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat

File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field

File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

KeyError: u'_gender_she'

Windows-8-6.2.9200

Ren'Py 7.3.0.271

Tentacle Slave 0.30

Tue May 18 08:37:43 2021

Denud

Aug 30, 2020
Hi, quick question. How do I craft potions? I'm doing an alchemist playthrough and I am struggling to figure out how to do this.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Ok, to answer the questions above:

Yes, I'm working my way through the walkthrough. It should be out probably this coming weekend.

For crafting potions:
  • Gather the ingredients in the forest
  • Gather tentacle jizz (most potions require that) either from your tentacle hive if you have one, from Helen the strange nun at the riverfront (before she becomes lucid or after you've been to the Lewd Club at the Church), or by buying a vial from the odd merchant in the forest for 1000 coin. You can also gather human jizz from the Town Whore Tavern. (Later on, I'll implement differences for using human jizz vs. tentacle jizz in potions, but right now there's no difference.)
  • Click on the potion icon to the right of your inventory backpack, in the upper right
  • Notice the "Ingredients" and "Recipes" tabs? Well, you first need to alchemically prepare your potion ingredients. Click on the ingredients you'll need to brew your potion, to prepare them. (I'll list the actual potion ingredients in the next release.) Some need preparation and some don't.
  • Next, click on the "Recipes" tab and cycle through until you find the potion you want to brew. It might have a preparation time, so be prepared for that. Click on the recipe to brew that potion.
  • Now, close the Alchemy screen and open your inventory. Viola! There's your brewed potion. You can drink it by clicking on it. (Note that you might need one or two of those potions in special scenes, so they're not all for just consuming.)

Hal9k

Jul 3, 2020
Playing as human sorceress.

Errors everywhere.
Losing in combat arena: Error, losing against tentacles: Error, turning into fae: Error, some more random errors too, some of them aren't even avoidable as escaping unwinnable fights isn't an option and rollbacks to points before the fight don't help either as rng elements seem broken too (going to another location instead same fight gets toggled, rolling back the turn and using the same attack over and over never gets a different outcome [even with maxed skill, i've done the training until the option went away])

Is it because i haven't found the patch file mentioned in the installation spoiler? Or are many things for sorceresses not yet implemented? If so please add a sentence to the sorceress description.

It's a bit sad, the screenshots in the opening post look promising, the premise sounds interesting, but tiptoeing around errors all the time is just frustrating and the many missing backgrounds for areas and missing nearly all artwork for scenes and characters kinda is a big turn off for the game too (even some generic images, heck even a big textbox, would be nicer than the grey screen with the standard textbox).

I think i'll try it again a few versions in the future.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Playing as human sorceress.

Errors everywhere.
Losing in combat arena: Error, losing against tentacles: Error, turning into fae: Error, some more random errors too, some of them aren't even avoidable as escaping unwinnable fights isn't an option and rollbacks to points before the fight don't help either as rng elements seem broken too (going to another location instead same fight gets toggled, rolling back the turn and using the same attack over and over never gets a different outcome [even with maxed skill, i've done the training until the option went away])

Is it because i haven't found the patch file mentioned in the installation spoiler? Or are many things for sorceresses not yet implemented? If so please add a sentence to the sorceress description.

It's a bit sad, the screenshots in the opening post look promising, the premise sounds interesting, but tiptoeing around errors all the time is just frustrating and the many missing backgrounds for areas and missing nearly all artwork for scenes and characters kinda is a big turn off for the game too (even some generic images, heck even a big textbox, would be nicer than the grey screen with the standard textbox).

I think i'll try it again a few versions in the future.
Can you provide error screenshots? I did extensive testing as a sorceress, but made some changes afterwards on another playthrough as a Witch. I can definitely put out another hot patch to fix whatever bugs you're running into, though.

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
[Witch class]
  1. I return to the main menu if I try to buy the dress but don't have enough coin; no error given.
  2. After I paid for the dress I receive no dress, thus I'm stuck.
  3. if I'm broke (0 coins) Chaya will have a dialogue with me at home but everytime I press "continue" it'll be repeated in a loop
  4. Code:
    ```

While running game code:
    File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 12, in <module>
    TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

Full traceback:
    File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpyc", line 12, in script
    File "renpy/ast.py", line 1830, in execute
    File "renpy/python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    File "renpy/python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
    File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 12, in <module>

Linux-5.12.4-zen1-2-zen-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
    Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
    Tentacle Slave 0.30
    Tue May 18 23:41:10 2021
    ```
  5. Game gets stuck if I beat the bandits

Last edited:

edukettu

Feb 4, 2019
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 2, in execute
  File "game/main/common/centered_char_image.rpy", line 3, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/church_confession_pregnant_felicia_pregnant_be_chaya_pregnant.png'.

Full traceback:
  File "main/city/church/faithful/church_private_confession.rpyc", line 26, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2278, in image_size
    surf = im.load()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/church_confession_pregnant_felicia_pregnant_be_chaya_pregnant.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Wed May 19 01:22:26 2021

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "main/city/church/faithful/church_private_confession.rpyc", line 26, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1336, in say
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1139, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2278, in image_size
    surf = im.load()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Wed May 19 01:22:26 2021
wtf, I had exactly the same error during testing, and I *know* I added that image file. I'll check to see if it didn't get added to the archive or something...

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
[Witch class]
  1. I return to the main menu if I try to buy the dress but don't have enough coin; no error given.
  2. After I paid for the dress I receive no dress, thus I'm stuck.
  3. if I'm broke (0 coins) Chaya will have a dialogue with me at home but everytime I press "continue" it'll be repeated in a loop
  4. Code:
    ```

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpyc", line 12, in script
    File "renpy/ast.py", line 1830, in execute
    File "renpy/python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    File "renpy/python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode

Linux-5.12.4-zen1-2-zen-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
    Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
    Tentacle Slave 0.30
    Tue May 18 23:41:10 2021
    ```
  5. Game gets stuck if I beat the bandits
Thanks for the bug reports. I'm planning on putting out a patch tomorrow with fixes for all of the various bugs that have been reported so far.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes