edukettu

Feb 4, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/main/house/my_house.rpy", line 44, in <module>
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 3, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 16, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 112, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 113, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 120, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/player_summary.rpy", line 121, in execute
  File "game/main/openworld/person.rpy", line 216, in getCharacterDescription
  File "game/main/openworld/person.rpy", line 704, in printGroins
TypeError: object of type 'type' has no len()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "main/house/my_house.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1217, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 121, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Wed May 19 10:50:38 2021

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
Thanks for the bug reports. I'm planning on putting out a patch tomorrow with fixes for all of the various bugs that have been reported so far.
There're more. The gardener lacks an image or something like that, and the coven questline is really bugged. If I win against the tentacles in the forest (if I'm not mistaken while I'm helping kaewe) the game brings me to the main menu too

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "main/house/my_house.rpyc", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1217, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2701, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3093, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\User\Desktop\Games\renpy\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 121, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Wed May 19 10:50:38 2021
Would you attach a save file with this bug? I've never had an issue with the printGroins function so there has to be invalid data in the groin (penis, pussy, etc.). Knowing exactly what that invalid data is, will help me to track it down.

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
There're more. The gardener lacks an image or something like that, and the coven questline is really bugged. If I win against the tentacles in the forest (if I'm not mistaken while I'm helping kaewe) the game brings me to the main menu too
Just...wow. I didn't test the coven questline very well (shame on me) but I *did* test fighting tentacles in the forest, so that's bizarre. I added images for Fuchsia but am really surprised that they're not showing up.

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
Just...wow. I didn't test the coven questline very well (shame on me) but I *did* test fighting tentacles in the forest, so that's bizarre. I added images for Fuchsia but am really surprised that they're not showing up.
I'm sorry I can't provide any specific error but I played it yesterday night and forgot to take screenshots et similia. But yeah, there are some game-breaking bugs

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
Playing as human sorceress.

Errors everywhere.
Losing in combat arena: Error, losing against tentacles: Error, turning into fae: Error, some more random errors too, some of them aren't even avoidable as escaping unwinnable fights isn't an option and rollbacks to points before the fight don't help either as rng elements seem broken too (going to another location instead same fight gets toggled, rolling back the turn and using the same attack over and over never gets a different outcome [even with maxed skill, i've done the training until the option went away])

Is it because i haven't found the patch file mentioned in the installation spoiler? Or are many things for sorceresses not yet implemented? If so please add a sentence to the sorceress description.

It's a bit sad, the screenshots in the opening post look promising, the premise sounds interesting, but tiptoeing around errors all the time is just frustrating and the many missing backgrounds for areas and missing nearly all artwork for scenes and characters kinda is a big turn off for the game too (even some generic images, heck even a big textbox, would be nicer than the grey screen with the standard textbox).

I think i'll try it again a few versions in the future.
Losing in combat arena: cannot reproduce error
Losing against tentacles in the forest: cannot reproduce error (tried several different levels of dominance just to make sure)

I really need saves or screenshots, here.

jonj4769

Jul 27, 2018
is there a way to transfer saves from the old html version to this new renpy looking version?

mouseguru

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2017
is there a way to transfer saves from the old html version to this new renpy looking version?
Unfortunately no.

That being said, one thing recently occurred to me. I've seen "warps" in other games where you could start the game and automatically advance the storyline to a certain point, to avoid having to re-play everything. In the absence of being able to transfer over saves, would you be interested in a warp?

jonj4769

Jul 27, 2018
Unfortunately no.

That being said, one thing recently occurred to me. I've seen "warps" in other games where you could start the game and automatically advance the storyline to a certain point, to avoid having to re-play everything. In the absence of being able to transfer over saves, would you be interested in a warp?
sure that'd be useful to have :^D

Gnii

May 10, 2021
Hello, I'm getting this error each time i get attacked by a tentacle, be it in the forest or the city:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 12, in <module>
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

Full traceback:
  File "main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpyc", line 12, in script
  File "H:\Games\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1830, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "H:\Games\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1990, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "H:\Games\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/main/events/tentacles/tentacle_fucked_together.rpy", line 12, in <module>
TypeError: object of type 'bool' has no len()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Sat May 22 05:16:28 2021

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Ayy, great to see you finally transferred the game to ren'py proper. Congrats. Though the lack of backgrounds for some things at least in the beginning of the game (intro, character creation) is a bit jarring.

Mortious787

Jan 13, 2018
Let me just say, fantastic work, great game I love it. I wanted bring to your attention a bug I got. After victory in my first bandit fight, Renpy got into an infinite loop and crashed. Wouldn't let me rollback to get a save just before, but here's a crash report, and here's my most recent save.

Code:

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Full traceback:
  File "main/forest/bandits/bandits_in_the_forest.rpyc", line 71, in script
  File "C:\Users\*Username*\Downloads\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\TentacleSlave-0.30-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.0.271
Tentacle Slave 0.30
Sat May 22 17:51:59 2021
View attachment 1-1-LT1.save

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Walkthrough necessary or nah? Been a while since I played and walkthrough hasn't exactly updated

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes