4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
I do agree that "save to disk" option where you can pick the save location explicitly would be very helpful.

Though I don't think .sol files get deleted that easily. I run heavily self-cleaning setup, and never had that issue... but then, I never had the stand-alone Flash Player itself installed, much less as a browser extension, so might be utterly mistaken in that when it comes to other people's setups.
Unless his cleanup involves deleting the roaming folder it should be fine. I've never had my saves erased using flash as far as i know.

Feb 2, 2018
Unless his cleanup involves deleting the roaming folder it should be fine. I've never had my saves erased using flash as far as i know.
CCleaner has an option to clear stuff from Macromedia flash player, they need to untick that to keep .sol files intact
Or they're constantly changing where they run the game from, this will create a new directory in AppData with a fresh .sol file, the other save will be there just in a different directory and will need to be moved to the new one

Reactions: SnaPBoT

bonkbonk

Oct 30, 2020
I've got it installed, and a save file in the exact same folder as it, of the exact version, and I still can't load the save. Anybody know what's up?

alozer

Jan 29, 2018
By the way, I noticed that no one posts images from Patreon. Is everyone in Discord?
Or why?

alozer

Jan 29, 2018
Progress Update
Apology for the delay, again. My health wasn't stable, so I decided to finish some work on my day gig so I can focus on the update. It won't be far, likely next week. Right now materials are sent to our VA for some lovely voice recordings. Meanwhile, I need to finish the enemy map AI and testing. And then finally to implement all contents, editing and more testing.
If I can ask for more patience, there will be likely be 7 scenes ready by the end, which is more than stated in the previous post of our progress update.
Speaking of which, some people have concern if Tentacles Thrive would be impacted by the end of Flash Player. It is not likely there will be any difference to our operation, as we will use Adobe Air, a technology to create desktop and mobile applications. This is how we will publish on Steam. Though we may not be able to have web presence, because websites can't host swf games without Flash Player. Newgrounds have this Newgrounds Player, but so far there are some weird bugs, and you may as well just use standalone Flash Player on your desktop to open the game as usual.

Many adultish projects continue to thrive without web format of the game. If there is a way I will give it a try, if not, we will just have desktop and maybe mobile versions.
So to conclude:
Desktop/mobile versions are safe
Web version may not

bigdom93

Feb 28, 2018
every time i've played this game I can't make heads or tails of what I'm doing, the one time I managed to make it far enough to get to combat I kept loosing, anybody got a beginner's guide? the game itself doesn't really help.

ShoeBailey

Nov 20, 2018
every time i've played this game I can't make heads or tails of what I'm doing, the one time I managed to make it far enough to get to combat I kept loosing, anybody got a beginner's guide? the game itself doesn't really help.
The best way to setup your army is to organize before combat. Setup your front line in the first two slots, then whatever else afterwards. Whatever unit is placed behind/below another unit in your army creation menu is how it will be positioned in the combat screen. Think of it as each column is an individual side of combat (top+bottom), and each row is who is fromt+back. The most confusing part for me was realizing that to feed hearts to your unit you click on the heart symbol on them when you hover over them. They must reach the number of heart feed as a requirement to earn their special buff. Low cost units are quite effective because of this.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes