Sirshocker

Jul 24, 2018
The cliff, gate, and sock are dead ends that are either going to be expanded in the future as entries to other maps (cliff gate probablY), or just weird things that exist to make you ask questions in this alien world (sock).

The giant serpent will reappear on the beach in random encounters when you chase it from the cave, if you have a rope and 10 strength you can lasso it (after you fight it again) and haul it onto the beach. From there you can fuck it (this scene is great) and there is a little follow up to that as well that you get if you encounter it a few more times on the beach but I won't spoil it.

After that follow up it leaves the game forever (in the current patch).

I'm really really hoping that future patches don't just introduce new characters but have us get more interactions with the current ones in act 2 or whatever. I'd love to go to a new city and see the little gambling goblin thing and have a new interaction with her depending on how you dealt with her in act 1.

IRGT leveling:

The 3.0 version of the game is coming out next and it's going to feature a revamped skill system. However the dev has said there still won't be any leveling or ways to gain stats in game because he doesn't want anybody to have maxed out stats in everything. He wants each character to have a somewhat different experience because of the limitations the stat system places on them.
the dev should at lease have some items in the game to boost a single stat by like two or three as long as their equiped to help give a hand to those players that want to try diffrent things without having to start a new game and redistriputing the stat points given

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
Is the post-cave encounter with the giant cave serpent ("Caenemung"? Is it actually called that anywhere in the game?) broken in the latest version, or something? On the wiki and here in the thread, it's been said that rope, Strength of 10, and possibly Agility of 6 will result in lassoing the thing after you defeat it. I've got Strength and Agility both at 10, plus two rolls of rope just to make doubly sure, but then my guy just tries and fails to grab it with his hands. And the option to even make the attempt disappears on future encounters after that.

While I'm at it, the route of taking Sulie's advice with a female Niird also seems to be broken. The scene just stops partway through without giving me a way to continue or leave (i.e. no big '…' at the bottom). Works fine if I go for the same scene after battling the Niird, though.

Edit: Well, scratch all that. Didn't realize that the version numbering has been changed up and the v2.4 here on F95 wasn't actually the latest. The above stuff is probably all outdated. Don't mind me.

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Tried this game out. Couldn't find any kind of description of what each stat does, so I went for my best guess based on past experiences. I assumed this game involved talking to people, and charisma may affect that, so I picked a high charisma. I generally like spellcasting, and intellect is the stat that affects that typically, so I pumped points into intelligence. Endurance probably means more health, so I got some of that.
Cut to after 30-40 minutes of playing, I get into my first combat, and I learn that I am completely fucked, because apparently agility and strength are the only stats worth a damn. I read some of this thread, and see that there is no way to increase stats after creation. Sooo... should I just scrap this character and start over? Or do these stats I chose actually become worthwhile? Seems like bad game design from where I'm currently sitting.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
The game is incomplete, you find equipment which you basically use to construct a deck of moves that yo uare randomly dealt as a 'hand' each turn of combat. Right now there really isn't many weapons that use cha/int/wis so combat wise there isn't much point to them. They still effect the options you're given in conversations though they aren't pointed out (you won't see an option greyed out if you don't meet the requirements for instance) so it can be hard to notice.

It's true that if you mostly care about combat (combat is totally optional in this game barring a few quests) then a mental stats heavy character will have a hard time right now but it's not really that big of a problem since most of the game is free range exploration anyway.

You can get through all the content in the game in a few hours so making a new character with str/agi/end for easy combat isn't very difficult anyway. In future versions we're supposed to have options for int based fighting as well as a big stats overhaul in the next release anyway.

BuPa

Aug 21, 2017
I'd actually recommend skipping Endurance. Of the three "combat" stats, Agility and Strength are far more important, in my book. It takes a little Int to make the best weapon I've found (Giant club, using the axe you get from Tornoth on some driftwood), and 8 Strength is enough to wield that weapon for a massive 14 damage if its card comes up in combat. Then you can use agility for some rapid smaller attacks with, like, a bread knife side-arm. Plus, Strength and Agility come up a lot outside of combat as well.

So, 8-10 Strength, 6-10 Agility, 8-10 Charisma, 6-8 Intelligence, 4 Endurance, 4 Will, and you've got yourself a surprisingly balanced character—capable in most any situation, be it combat or conversation. Only thing I've had to watch out for so far is the stupid decisions that will get you killed and/or force your character to do something you don't want that having a higher Will stat would keep you alive and sane through.

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Alright, thanks for the info. I personally am not a fan of being permanently locked out of scenarios/events/whatever due to stat allocation and never being able to change/increase those stats, but that's on me. It doubly sucks because there's not an abundance of content anyways so it feels like an extra burn when you can't do something.
It's not even like it leads to big changes anyways. I did reroll and dropped int and endurance for more strength and stamina, and the only differences I've noticed is that the knife girl hasn't offered to let me help her (which might be due to different conversation choices, not sure about that) and that I was unable to resist the bowl in the cave. But that last one just means I reloaded and let Shyni touch it instead of doing it myself and it led to basically the same outcome. I guess and hope all of this will feel better when there are more things on both sides of the mental vs. physical stat sides so it equals out.

Reactions: pace61

astral777

Nov 19, 2018
Alright, thanks for the info. I personally am not a fan of being permanently locked out of scenarios/events/whatever due to stat allocation and never being able to change/increase those stats, but that's on me. It doubly sucks because there's not an abundance of content anyways so it feels like an extra burn when you can't do something.
It's not even like it leads to big changes anyways. I did reroll and dropped int and endurance for more strength and stamina, and the only differences I've noticed is that the knife girl hasn't offered to let me help her (which might be due to different conversation choices, not sure about that) and that I was unable to resist the bowl in the cave. But that last one just means I reloaded and let Shyni touch it instead of doing it myself and it led to basically the same outcome. I guess and hope all of this will feel better when there are more things on both sides of the mental vs. physical stat sides so it equals out.
Just use the cheat engine mah dude

Sirshocker

Jul 24, 2018
what stat numbers do i need to have to fuck the creatures like the big blue serpent either without the fight for some of the them or after the fight ?

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Just use the cheat engine mah dude
Yeah, reading the thread more I learned how easy it is to enable debug mode, so I just did that. Much better. Although I have to restart yet again if I want to see the knife girl stuff without straight-up debug unlocking them...

what stat numbers do i need to have to fuck the creatures like the big blue serpent either without the fight for some of the them or after the fight ?

For most of the creatures, I don't think it's about stats, it's about learning what they are. Encounter the creature, then go talk to the snake girl at the pond or the bug guy in town to learn about that creature, and then you typically get more options when you encounter the creature again. For the big water serpent, though, you need 10 strength and a rope in order to unlock the sex scene with it.

Sirshocker

Jul 24, 2018
oh also if you go to the blog for this game theres a version 2.11 you can install that adds new locations ,items, scenes and pics that dont appear in this 2.4 version

pace61

May 25, 2018
how the heck do i save my game? I lost 5 hours of gameplay because i didnt find a way to save and i just closed the game for hoping it has an autosave :cautious:
i cant even find the settings in the game.. o_O

Sirshocker

Jul 24, 2018
how the heck do i save my game? I lost 5 hours of gameplay because i didnt find a way to save and i just closed the game for hoping it has an autosave :cautious:
i cant even find the settings in the game.. o_O
click on the gear icon then it should be right there

Reactions: pace61
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes