GetMeOff

Nov 6, 2019
Any news on V3?
The map movement in TU is very unconventional and it had some problems when using directional keys (numpad or wasd). These problems manifested in odd "bouncing" behaviour when running into a wall, where the destination would flip between two blips seemingly for no reason. Alternatively the destination would change randomly if a key was pressed and there would be no blips in that direction.

I implemented some code to remove these problems and stabilize the map movement in general. Using the directional keys in the future should be a less of a gamble.

The game now has blip selection criteria beyond just casting a point in the desired direction and selecting the closest blip that isn't the current one. The longitudinal (up, down, left, right) movement uses a wide selection area to make flowing past objects and walls easier. Diagonal movement uses a different, stricter selection method to make it more precise because the diagonal keys are used less often in general.
Take a look on his blogspot. He does talk about progress.

GetMeOff

Nov 6, 2019
Maybe I'm a giant moron but uh.. how the hell do you open the menu to save/change options/etc? Also is there something like a character screen, at least for money?
The settings menu is the gear below the INV button on the left. There's currently not a way to change options though. You can see your characters money by going into the INV. Your money is on the bottom right of the menu

Ambalabada

Jun 26, 2018
Game really got me, liked it a lot, but it feels like it misses a lot of stuff, for example armor, maybe cards, interacctions on some places. I would like to spend time creating some mods for it, expanding existing features and bringing more content. Does this dev support mods or maybe he is against them? I saw there is article on wiki about modding, but it wouldn't be cool if I actually create something and then dev decides that it is not needed and modding should be excluded from game. I dont want to waste time in vain.

Ambalabada

Jun 26, 2018
It's on his blogspot under "Writer Resources"
If you actually plan to do something (what are you planning btw?), i would advise to wait until release of 3.0
Checked his blogpost, I don't think I'll wait for V3, at least easy stuff wont be affected by changes. I think about adding a few new places with bunch of items and ability to make other items usefull, for example medalion can only be sold right now. On top of that a bit of places to have adventures in. Anyway, I'll contact dev first, thanks for info

Last edited:

sunkenfleet

Mar 21, 2019
Is it possible to get off the peninsula you start on in v2.13? I feel like I've combed through every tile on the map but all I've found is a locked door and an impassable stone wall. Just a lot of dead ends...

DDelvin

Feb 22, 2019
Is it possible to get off the peninsula you start on in v2.13? I feel like I've combed through every tile on the map but all I've found is a locked door and an impassable stone wall. Just a lot of dead ends...
There a boat to the islands to the north w. the red forest, only 1 new encounter there plus some loots & quest.

Molwirr

Feb 1, 2018
He posted another art update and I am just so elated! All the content coming is sure worth the wait!
Except...
Just to remind people, the art that's posted on the blog with the weekly updates isn't necessarily directly related to the V3 content and can be just random scribblings
Yea...

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes