viyened

Jun 21, 2021
Is the defining thing that makes something not bestiality sapience? Since sapient being are able to give consent?
Would they accept it if a real life animal were sapient and gave consent? or no? So, even though the ferals are not sapient and are incapable of giving consent in a number of contexts, it's ok to rape them because they are so bizarre that rape is no longer repugnant? and not sexual violence?

:unsure:

What I can say for sure is that I feel morally appalled by myself resorting to the usage of an emoticon to visually express how frustratingly ambiguous I find patreon's community guidelines.

Now don't take this as me wanting Meandraco to loose their petreon page (which I don't want), but either petreon doesn't look that closely to the content (which I'm pretty sure they do) or has some pretty weird sense of morality regarding the rape of bizarre looking creatures.
If real life animals had human intelligence, then it would be acceptable, at least morally. Animals can't give consent, none of them can, except for humans, and it's wrong in the same way it's unacceptable to have sex with a human who can't give consent. Feral shit is gross though, so maybe it's an instinctual thing to dislike. In this case, I'd say that it violates the T&S, the ferals submit to you after you beat the shit out of them, there's no consent.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
If real life animals had human intelligence, then it would be acceptable, at least morally. Animals can't give consent, none of them can, except for humans, and it's wrong in the same way it's unacceptable to have sex with a human who can't give consent. Feral shit is gross though, so maybe it's an instinctual thing to dislike. In this case, I'd say that it violates the T&S, the ferals submit to you after you beat the shit out of them, there's no consent.
Minus the ones that do give consent, tho this sounds more like rape vs normal sex, then any other sound argument.

viyened

Jun 21, 2021
Minus the ones that do give consent, tho this sounds more like rape vs normal sex, then any other sound argument.
I think I would still argue that it's rape, at least for most of the ferals, since they don't seem to display intelligence, and rather submit instinctually(Even if there is no violence). It's not as bad as if it were a dog or other animal, having a different opinion on it is completely fine, it's fiction.

Cephalon Lewd

Mar 17, 2021
After all these years, do you actually think V3 is that likely, realistically if people were still working on their mods they could have finished them by now, and yeah next update would break everything, but it'll just mean you need to fix it. Fence sitting on this grand stand of waitting till something won't break, is and always was kind a foolish.

And I don't mean this to sound like an attack on you, before you start typing, just never been a fan of this loop of people never doing things.
Yep. I think it's likely, considering development has never been abandoned and about 3/4 of V3 is done.

A lot of mods never went anywhere because of the lack of updates. A lot started when V2 released and when the hope was for faster updates. Not sure why you would expect for mods to be done by now.

How is it foolish? It's hardly a grand stand, and I have other projects to work on. V3 will come out eventually, and making a mod after that saves me time.

BobCarter

Jan 28, 2018
Yep. I think it's likely, considering development has never been abandoned and about 3/4 of V3 is done.

A lot of mods never went anywhere because of the lack of updates. A lot started when V2 released and when the hope was for faster updates. Not sure why you would expect for mods to be done by now.

How is it foolish? It's hardly a grand stand, and I have other projects to work on. V3 will come out eventually, and making a mod after that saves me time.
If you are game dev, go get your account updated, that said I still haven't even seen proof anything had actually been done. And no one else has either. We don't have pre-release, no test builds, no 2.1-2.5, we have version 2, and an update from 2019-05-14. Plus the dev has taken a break at one point.

As the old adage goes, "NO gameplay, NO hype"

Nov 13, 2017
If you are game dev, go get your account updated, that said I still haven't even seen proof anything had actually been done. And no one else has either. We don't have pre-release, no test builds, no 2.1-2.5, we have version 2, and an update from 2019-05-14. Plus the dev has taken a break at one point.

As the old adage goes, "NO gameplay, NO hype"
Meandraco is the dev, Cephalon Lewd is just th mod author

Rychter

May 17, 2021
Really good game! Big shame that the author didn't update it in a long while, can't wait for him to release V3

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I played this game a while back but forgot to leave my thought on it, and that can't stand, cos if there's one thing this game deserves it's more praise. And also an update. ;)

Teraurge is the sort of game that's hard to put into words, for me. It's got this charming, exotically alien feel to it that so many fantasy worlds with made-up creatures/races try for but seem to fail at capturing. Unlike those games, this game's world and it's denizens actually feel unique and convincingly so. The sketchy art style, odd and original ambient sounds, and the minimalist but well-composed music only add to creating that atmosphere that draws you in. It also has an oddly nostalgic feel to it that I can't quite pinpoint when I try to think of what it reminds me of.

I actually care about and want to get to know the characters more, especially the blacksmith/mayor, who is just too sweet for words. Please let the next version have something to do with the farm he wants to build my mc, cos I just met the guy and I'm totally down to settling down with him. lol. While we're at it, can I adopt his adorable daughter? Like, I know she's an adult and all, but the dynamic of the three of us around that dinner table gave me the warm and fuzzies.

In short, I just want to say 'charming' to everything about the game.

Also, the sex is hot, and I am not opposed to the fact that you can get busy with every creature in sight.

I cannot wait for the next version of the game to launch, and even if that takes quite a long time, It'll almost certainly be worth the wait. :giggle:

Aug 4, 2017
I played this game a while back but forgot to leave my thought on it, and that can't stand, cos if there's one thing this game deserves it's more praise. And also an update. ;)

Teraurge is the sort of game that's hard to put into words, for me. It's got this charming, exotically alien feel to it that so many fantasy worlds with made-up creatures/races try for but seem to fail at capturing. Unlike those games, this game's world and it's denizens actually feel unique and convincingly so. The sketchy art style, odd and original ambient sounds, and the minimalist but well-composed music only add to creating that atmosphere that draws you in. It also has an oddly nostalgic feel to it that I can't quite pinpoint when I try to think of what it reminds me of.

I actually care about and want to get to know the characters more, especially the blacksmith/mayor, who is just too sweet for words. Please let the next version have something to do with the farm he wants to build my mc, cos I just met the guy and I'm totally down to settling down with him. lol. While we're at it, can I adopt his adorable daughter? Like, I know she's an adult and all, but the dynamic of the three of us around that dinner table gave me the warm and fuzzies.

In short, I just want to say 'charming' to everything about the game.

Also, the sex is hot, and I am not opposed to the fact that you can get busy with every creature in sight.

I cannot wait for the next version of the game to launch, and even if that takes quite a long time, It'll almost certainly be worth the wait. :giggle:
Probably should have put this in the reviews tab.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Probably should have put this in the reviews tab.
It wasn't meant as a review though, I was just talking about what I liked and what I'd like to see in future.

Speaking of that, I noticed on the dev's blog that he'd done some adventure-style art of Sharni (sp? the mayor's/blacksmith's daughter). I realize it will probably be possible to take her on your adventure in future, or an adventure anyway, and that would be really nice. I'm not interested in romancing her, but I think it would be nice to take her along as a companion (and maybe as her future mother-in-law :sneaky:) and be able to see her excitement as she discovers the world along with you.

Nov 13, 2017
It wasn't meant as a review though, I was just talking about what I liked and what I'd like to see in future.

Speaking of that, I noticed on the dev's blog that he'd done some adventure-style art of Sharni (sp? the mayor's/blacksmith's daughter). I realize it will probably be possible to take her on your adventure in future, or an adventure anyway, and that would be really nice. I'm not interested in romancing her, but I think it would be nice to take her along as a companion (and maybe as her future mother-in-law :sneaky:) and be able to see her excitement as she discovers the world along with you.
you can travel to another island with her right now if you romance her. If you don't, you can still go to the island if you find the boat, but not with her as a companion.

DegenerateLord

Oct 13, 2018
Other's have suggested it in the past and it's been turned down by md, so taking people with you on your travels won't be a thing outside of self contained stories involving them i'm afraid.
Just imagine all the extra situations to account for if someone's there with you, gotta write both an instance where they're with you, and one where they're not. Gets complicated quite fast when you already have branching paths of dialogue.
If they're just "with you" in game terms but have no presence on the dialogue it'd be kinda gamey/static, wouldn't it? And with how the world has already proven itself to be "living" that just doesn't fly very well.

• Angry
Reactions: Ahip
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes