ObamaSinBaden

Oct 24, 2021
I have always liked Meandraco's art. It is extremely lovecraftian and surreal which in turn makes it fun to look at. I used to be quite hyped for updates on this game aswell, it is for what it is, well written, fun and quite feature rich. Passion project or not, the complete lack of updates for two years mostly killed any traction this game was getting. He seems to have fallen for the "it needs to be perfect" wall, that other artists seem to hit from time to time. A good example of this is Crowjob, he had a fun space station game that he has in the last 4 years reworked and redone about 5 to 6 times because it wasn't "good" enough. This killed most of the community around the game as people got sick of reworks and redone's. Like Meandraco, Crowjob's game also worked pretty well, controls wise, for what it was.

Meandraco's art has also suffered in quality. If you look up his earlier art, you will see greater care in lining, lighting and shading as well as finer details on faces and bodyparts. I genuinly hope he finds his passion both for art and for the game again. The game doesnt need to be perfect, nobody is expecting the man to write and epic Witcher 3 esque story and render everything in Cryengine 3 on 4k and 240 fps. Hell, the curent UI isn't even bad, its quirky at times, but that has its own charm.

I hope that we get to see the V3 update, with the years however I have grown more pessimistic.
Fingers crossed that I am wrong.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I really really want this game to succeed, but despite all hope theres not a lot of faith to be had. Especially considering that discord post from Meandraco

Reactions: Chainjailhunter

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
Misery... There is only misery... Why God... Why did you punish us like this!!? YOU GAVE US A MIRACLE THAT TURNS INTO NEVERENDING CURSE!! That's sick!!! Twisted and sick!!!

Yeah... I'm very depressed at this point. One game that scratches that unreachable itch and then it goes away and the itch comes back and you cannot get to it by any means and all you can do is pray for freedom from this torment.

I don't even know if I would want to forget it to repeat the first time experience all over again. Because if I do that it will hurt just as much.

KorsaroKhan

May 12, 2018
STOP WRITING IN THIS THREAD IF THERE ARE NO UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
YOU TEARING MY FAT-UGLY-BASTARDS HEART APART EACH TIME I OPEN IT AFTER SEEING NOTIFICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
View attachment 1502083
You have to suffer with us. There is no reward for this. Just pain and misery. It's punishment for having a better taste than everyone. We have to suffer because of it.

freeform99

May 2, 2021
so i have a bit of a theory as to why the creator doesn't update the game any more and that comes down to one thing why improve a product with no competition. look this guy made tons of fan that still support them because there is nothing else to
compare it to. See there are a ton of xeno or alien artists out there but this guy is the only one with something you can interact with. So in summery until some one else make a similar game he has no real reason to update the game because he's the only one we can go to for what we wont.

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
Why do people talk to me like I owe them money.
I've always wondered why non-supporters always make that claim about creators. Like, if the people pledging on your Patreon are unsatisfied, they'd just stop pledging. And since that isn't happening, clearly they are happy with the art you're putting out.

Meanwhile, people who aren't even patrons complain about the stuff they're getting for free.

Jan 28, 2020
Yes... sure... convincing after the metric ton of "I'm working on the game" posts on discord. But thank you for reassuring us with the fact that something is happening somewhere, and sometime the game will be something that someone will see somehow. ;)
>Creator confesses that the amount of people shitting on him for not updating the game faster is turning him apathetic towards the project
>this guy: passive-aggressively shits on him for not giving updates
>this guy: has 95% of his posts in this thread

We get it, you're entitled, but there's other games you can play.

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes