Jublet2

Aug 29, 2019
Having just discovered this game honestly I'm just glad the dev has acknowledged it's still being worked on. Sure, it's been a while since the last update but I'm sure this isn't the only thing to keep your genitals happy in the meantime.

Reactions: MercurialQuark
Aug 4, 2017
Why do people talk to me like I owe them money.
I'm pretty sure they were just joking. You've asked the same question on discord too, so I'm guessing fans are bugging you on multiple platforms now. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Maybe being more open about your feelings on developing teraurge and clarifying what the pateron is actually for might clear the air while fans wait for V3. I hope the best for you MD and your work.

absolutefrogge

Jun 12, 2020
I'm still working on the game. I don't like making blogposts but there are weekly art posts loosely related to the game on the patreon and twitter.
Fuck yeah, our saviour appears. You know what, mate? I never lost faith in you, and likely never will. I can say the same about a tonne of people. Your content is beautiful and there's really nothing quite like it out there. Take the time you need and give us the ultimate xeno game, you talented fag

JTime

Aug 26, 2017
I'm still working on the game. I don't like making blogposts but there are weekly art posts loosely related to the game on the patreon and twitter.
I don't really post a lot but I just wanna say you've made a great game so far, I go back and replay it every now and then, so just keep it up when you can there's no shame in something this great taking a while.

Ano85

May 21, 2018

This is how the new map looks, I forgot to post this along with the other stuff.

Reactions: Neuff

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017

This is how the new map looks, I forgot to post this along with the other stuff.
I guess Unity doesn't allow for the circular box method the map had before, so it's more free-form now. I presume the random encounters will just be some sort of per pixel movement percentage trigger. That sounds like a nightmare to code and to get the frequency of events occurring right.

Oct 12, 2021
I guess Unity doesn't allow for the circular box method the map had before, so it's more free-form now.
There is no reason why the circles can't be ported to Unity, but they weren't ideal. My first idea would be to use a grid of same-sized hexagons, think NEO Scavenger - simple and fully compatible with numpad controls. But you know, something about customers only asking for faster horses instead of cars. Or boats.
I presume the random encounters will just be some sort of per pixel movement percentage trigger. That sounds like a nightmare to code and to get the frequency of events occurring right.
The game checks for an encounter every specific distance traveled (random stuff) or any time the player enters an environment (Taodal, beach cave, etc.). The behaviour should be very similar to the Flash version in that regard.
Speculating here: It's probably gonna be some distance analogous to an average-sized blip in the Flash version. Yes, the numbers are gonna be different, but I don't think there was some meticulous crafting of encounter chances done there anyway - did you know that poh-acks are actually rarer to encounter than the supposedly uncommon cuoxurs?

Reactions: yamarike

GravGrav

Sep 25, 2017
The game checks for an encounter every specific distance traveled (random stuff) or any time the player enters an environment (Taodal, beach cave, etc.).
Does that mean you could stay on the border between environments and go back and forth to increase the encounter chance?

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Don't forget that moving around on water seems to be possible.

Also if you guys didn't know it yet, fishing is going to be a thing in V3.

Reactions: Neuff
4.70 star(s) 50 Votes