Ano85

May 21, 2018
sc.png

There's finally stuff to show off when it comes to V3 updates.

The engine change has opened up a bunch of new options. For example, MD wasn't able to use different fonts with Adobe Air because of a technical limitation. Which is kinda hilarious.

Because of the Unity port, an android port might be possible. The UI would have to be changed to make it work with a touchscreen. People have been talking about the possibility on discord. Don't count on MD making it.

Cheru

Jul 15, 2017
Glad to see you, draco, but...

"loosely related to the game"

So... technically, they even may not become a part of the game? Contrary to what some people say here - "art from streams WILL be part of the game, so there are updates".

I'm not even complaining anymore. You could at least tell us what you are working with right now or what will be in the update. The world will not fall apart if you do so.

These "I'm working" are simply frustrating, that's all...

Reactions: Chainjailhunter

Merrill

Dec 20, 2018
Glad to see you, draco, but...

"loosely related to the game"

So... technically, they even may not become a part of the game? Contrary to what some people say here - "art from streams WILL be part of the game, so there are updates".

I'm not even complaining anymore. You could at least tell us what you are working with right now or what will be in the update. The world will not fall apart if you do so.

These "I'm working" are simply frustrating, that's all...
I thought that was just the monthly Patreon artwork and it had nothing to do with the game?

DegenerateLord

Oct 13, 2018
I thought that was just the monthly Patreon artwork and it had nothing to do with the game?
Nah, stream art usually consists of md touching up a area on the TU setting's overworld map, plus a rudimentary environment (that'll be touched up before it goes in the game proper) from the location, and then drawing some conceptual creatures/ characters related to it. Not counting the memes or quick sketches he does aside.
So most stream art's not gonna be in V3, but it's still part of the world of TU, y'know? There for the future/world-building.

V3 itself is gonna be some more Sejan, such as the Sejan islands above the red forest, along with more character content/some new characters. Plus mechanics updates if i recall, fishing, probably some other stuff, and the full unity conversion as well.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
New info dropped about a huge combat rework on the Unofficial-Official Discord server.

"The old slay the spire -style combat system will be completely revamped.
Namely, the cards are going away and the combatants no longer take turns to slap each other like dummies.
The combat is going to use the dialogue mechanics, scripting and UI.
This allows the combat to be a lot more flexible and less jarring than the current system when comparing it to the rest of the game.
Things like mid-combat dialogue, skill checks during combat and such will be useful tools to make each combat encounter unique and interesting. (at least in theory)"

People complained about the combat being disconnected from the game, and being tacked on RPG combat in a dialogue heavy game.

I'm not really sure how to imagine all this. I think player agency is going to play a big part in this.

What do you guys think?

Jan 28, 2020
New info dropped about a huge combat rework on the Unofficial-Official Discord server.

Namely, the cards are going away and the combatants no longer take turns to slap each other like dummies.
This allows the combat to be a lot more flexible and less jarring than the current system when comparing it to the rest of the game.
Things like mid-combat dialogue, skill checks during combat and such will be useful tools to make each combat encounter unique and interesting. (at least in theory)"

People complained about the combat being disconnected from the game, and being tacked on RPG combat in a dialogue heavy game.

I'm not really sure how to imagine all this. I think player agency is going to play a big part in this.

What do you guys think?
So the combat will be more like Shyni and the cursed bowl, where having certain stats can lock/unlock certain options like tossing the bowl away if you have high INT?

Ano85

May 21, 2018
You'll probably have something like:

PC/NPC actions:
-lethal attacks
-nonlethal attacks
-dialogue: charm, diplomacy, rhetoric, intimidation
-defense
-evasion/running away
-pursuit
-object interaction
-encounter specific interactions

All of these can use skillchecks, and it can use all stats the player has.

Dialogue will probably make use of your mental stats the most. I can see the "Will" stat being used for intimidation for example.

These are just my ideas. Like I said before, I don't really know what to imagine here. It's probably going to be much simpler than what I'm expecting. I'm sure MD can pull it off.

Sillnill

Oct 3, 2018
Good to see the game is still being worked on kinda lost hope but reading he did an engine swap it's no wonder it would take a year to get back on track.

Blackmars

Dec 4, 2017
Why do people talk to me like I owe them money.
I can only speak for myself. I said something in the moment because I was tired and irritated. Nothing to do with you for some reason I thought my American ass could do math. Fans in general across like everything range from entitled to apathetic. Communication is key but creatives should be actual to communicate as they see fit without having to adhere to crazed fans.

Blackmars

Dec 4, 2017
Honestly I have no clue why people get so invested into updates for any project they did not financially invest themselves into. We are in the golden age of development of niche art and content. Not like you have to wait 20 years for something with radio silence. Only thing I wish was Monstergirls especially the more feral/monster esque come back in vogue. Fenexo sent waves through the internet but where the little Meandraco?

frut0s

Nov 17, 2020

What do you guys think?

hey, is there any way I can join that discord server? or is it closed?

4.60 star(s) 51 Votes