Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Main menus in....all? games are made same way. It same scene (level to be exact) as all other game, with single exception that its only scene that have explicit directive "load it at the start" somewhere in depth of game executable.

Meandraco

Apr 13, 2018
Main menus in....all? games are made same way. It same scene (level to be exact) as all other game, with single exception that its only scene that have explicit directive "load it at the start" somewhere in depth of game executable.
Unity "scene" and TU "scene" are different things. What I'm saying in the comment that you can actually use the game logic to actually play in the main menu. Also not all game engines use homogenous scene architecture for main menus, the popularized modern game engines often do.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
use the game logic to actually play in the main menu
You mean there are someone like Clippy with pop up like "hi, its you first time fucking an alien? click me for help" or there are support for something like pong, which uses same code as all other in game characters?

homogenous scene architecture
Not sure what you mean by that....homogeneous clip space???
In any case, all engines that I worked (not all are popular!) with main menu uses same underlying code/handlers as usual game levels, where game is actually happens.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
You mean there are someone like Clippy with pop up like "hi, its you first time fucking an alien? click me for help" or there are support for something like pong, which uses same code as all other in game characters?

Not sure what you mean by that....homogeneous clip space???
In any case, all engines that I worked (not all are popular!) with main menu uses same underlying code/handlers as usual game levels, where game is actually happens.
The main menu is now a space (I think it's also an entity/character). It's possible to have a character appear there and talk to the player if you code that in a textfile.

This opens up the opportunity for shenanigans like, if you have an existing save file, a character you know (or romanced) could appear in the main menu and greet you/talk to you in a marvelous 4th wall breaking fashion.

Reactions: Mister_Ferret

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
The main menu is now a space (I think it's also an entity/character). It's possible to have a character appear there and talk to the player if you code that in a textfile.

This opens up the opportunity for shenanigans like, if you have an existing save file, a character you know (or romanced) could appear in the main menu and greet you/talk to you in a marvelous 4th wall breaking fashion.
Pretty normal stuff, some games used this idea of different main menu appearance after you reach certain point in game. As example

Ano85

May 21, 2018
Pretty normal stuff, some games used this idea of different main menu appearance after you reach certain point in game. As example
Yeah, normal stuff. The old engine didn't allow a lot of things you'd consider normal. I'm sure the Meanster could make a list of those just to show how great the difference is between that and Unity.

kemohomo

Apr 28, 2020
Does anyone know if there is a way to max out the stats of your character? Hacking is also ok for me, so long as i get to fuck all the mobs in one go.

Ano85

May 21, 2018
There is a way, people have been doing it since V1, you can see it right on the first page. I personally never "cheated" myself, so I don't know how it works.

Cheating won't be as effective in V3. Branching paths and requirements to fail tasks will lock you out of certain scenes.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yeah, normal stuff. The old engine didn't allow a lot of things you'd consider normal. I'm sure the Meanster could make a list of those just to show how great the difference is between that and Unity.
Yes unity is better than flash, but that wasnt a point of discussion.

BaloneyAmone

Mar 3, 2021
Does anyone know if there is a way to max out the stats of your character? Hacking is also ok for me, so long as i get to fuck all the mobs in one go.
During character creation, you can use Cheat Engine to set your stats to max by editing one at a time, or you can unlock the in-game debug menu by editing the debug_functions_plz.txt file under the game's database folder, and then just use it to set your stats to whatever you want once you're out of the witch's house.

arotax

Jan 31, 2021
There is a way, people have been doing it since V1, you can see it right on the first page. I personally never "cheated" myself, so I don't know how it works.

Cheating won't be as effective in V3. Branching paths and requirements to fail tasks will lock you out of certain scenes.
We'll have to use an extra brain cell to cheat in v3, because of unity, although Teraurge could pass unto history as one of the few actually good xenophilic games, or one of the top games in f95, totally worth it

Last edited:
Reactions: layer1avn

layer1avn

Aug 24, 2021
We'll have to use an extra brain cell to cheat in v3, because of unity, although Teraurge could pass unto history as one of the few actually good xenophilic games, or one of the top games in f95, totally worth it
Are there any other good xenophilic games? I check the Recommendations section from time to time, but nothing else has given me the same otherworldly vibe.

edit: I'm liking Unity more and more as a platform for these games. Some have poor UI, but it opens up more variety than Renpy or RPGM.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatBuddy
4.60 star(s) 51 Votes