lunaticbob

Aug 6, 2016
on ascension 1 are the cards in your deck meant to dissappear after each boss or is that a bug?
That is the game functioning as intended. The idea is that the upgrades purchased after each boss, and possibly a better understanding of how the cards available to you interact, are what help you to get through the next round.

somebody11342

Jun 1, 2019
I've been editing the game to my own preferences, first only the sideboard animations and card images. Now I wanted to edit the thoughts that occur with the animations to better suit the ones I chose. I did that by editing the html file with notepad++ and only changed the text, nothing more. So only the part between " signs after a thought:
setup.cards.card13 = { name: "Hypnotic Email", cost: 3, suit: "brain", image: "card6", gifType: 0, code:
"<<set $themeCount.hypno++>> <<if $relics.includes(50)>> <<set $TFDamage+=1>> <</if>> <<set $TFDamage+=1, $shield+=1, $brain+=1>>",
thought1: "I bet they're just begging for some male enhancement pills right about now.",
thought2: "Nigerian prince? Naw, that's played out. Saudi prince it is.",
thought3: "...Now to just put in their Grandma's name and... perfect.",
thought4: "Let's see... how about totalynothypnosis94@hotmail.gov. That's believable.",
thought5: "The IRS sends threatening emails, right? Eh, good enough.",
thought6: "Hot... singles.. want.. the D. Irresistible."
};
But somehow that breaks certain elements of the game like images, in firefox when opening a picture I get the following error:
Firefox can't find the file at /.../tfcb/undefined86.webp.

Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.
Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.
/tfcb is the folder where the html is located the images are in /tfcb/img/ and then their corresponding subfolder. Also I get the following error when opening the game:
Apologies! An error has occurred. You may be able to continue, but some parts may not work properly.

Error [tw-user-script-0]: missing } after property list.
Does somebody know why this is happening with my minimal changes and how to prevent that?

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I've been editing the game to my own preferences, first only the sideboard animations and card images. Now I wanted to edit the thoughts that occur with the animations to better suit the ones I chose. I did that by editing the html file with notepad++ and only changed the text, nothing more. So only the part between " signs after a thought:

But somehow that breaks certain elements of the game like images, in firefox when opening a picture I get the following error:

/tfcb is the folder where the html is located the images are in /tfcb/img/ and then their corresponding subfolder. Also I get the following error when opening the game:

Does somebody know why this is happening with my minimal changes and how to prevent that?
I can't say what's causing your first error, but the second is a compiler error in the javascript. Just changing those strings wouldn't do that so you probably accidentally deleted a } at the end of a card definition somewhere as that's the specific error it's floating.

Jan 10, 2018
So after ages (by which I mean, a couple of days) of work, I have compiled a list detailing the correct and objective value of every deck in the - okay, no, I just put down my subjective opinions for a bit of fun, and in hopes of seeing what other people thought about various decks. Primary decks are not included in this list, because there's so much more to consider with them. Mind, Whore, and Slave decks are not included because you're required to use them anyway.

Just for the sake of reference, I tend to favor mind decks with a heavy focus on drawing, and am generally hesitant to buy most body modifications.

I've put them in spoilers here, just so that there's not a huge WALL OF TEXT clogging up the thread.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, those are my thoughts on each of the decks. In retrospect, I don't think I said anything terribly insightful, but it was nice to take a moment to think about which cards I really use, at least.

Reactions: Apollo Seven

Jdozer

Feb 21, 2019
Hey everyone, I compiled ~130 images to add to the hentai image set so it can be used beyond the magical girl transformation by anyone that prefers that. These were thoroughly tested using "Play field" as the image display area, and lightly tested using "sidebar bottom" in chrome. Had no issues whatsoever with either of those 2 settings, but your mileage may vary with the other 2 display areas(sidebar top/background).

directions
-unzip the included folder
-starting from your TFCardBattle directory, navigate to img/sidebar/magicalgirl folder
-add all the images from this image pack to the existing magicalgirl folder (don't delete the old one, you shouldn't be prompted for any replacements)

There is currently (version 1.13) a slight issue with using the hentai image set (regardless of whether or not you add these images) involving missing static card images, but you can easily fix it yourself. Go to img/cardgame/cards and copy all of those .webp files into the magicalgirl folder located in the same place. When it asks if you want to replace files with the same name, you can hit no/skip these files, that should fix the missing images issue with using the hentai image set.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysseous

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
So after ages (by which I mean, a couple of days) of work, I have compiled a list detailing the correct and objective value of every deck in the - okay, no, I just put down my subjective opinions for a bit of fun, and in hopes of seeing what other people thought about various decks. Primary decks are not included in this list, because there's so much more to consider with them. Mind, Whore, and Slave decks are not included because you're required to use them anyway.

Just for the sake of reference, I tend to favor mind decks with a heavy focus on drawing, and am generally hesitant to buy most body modifications.

I've put them in spoilers here, just so that there's not a huge WALL OF TEXT clogging up the thread.

So, those are my thoughts on each of the decks. In retrospect, I don't think I said anything terribly insightful, but it was nice to take a moment to think about which cards I really use, at least.
I always like reading stuff like this, it's interesting to see how people take such different approaches.

Reactions: Linkdestruidor

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
I also tend to stock up on draw cards and I like to keep my starting TF at 30 or below (unless I'm playing a maid in which case it's somewhere from 50-70). I've experimented on trying picking modifications like Sacrifice that disable drawing cards but it just doesn't work. The only way to win like that is to bet on luck.

TRANSFORMATION DECKS
I rarely use the transformation decks. The only one I like is the Club Girl deck.

Jan 10, 2018
Femme Fatale - Infiltration Missions are useful since it's basically getting a free brain & heart whenever the card is drawn. Seduction is not really useful since by the time you get it, you won't be seeing many more brain cards. Same for Outwit.
Regarding Seduction - you said you use Brain Boosters for Evil Therapist, right? Doesn't that create some good opportunities to buy a couple of pricy Heart cards on the side if you use Seduction that round? Occasions like that (and the boss) are the main times I use Seduction.

Plus, only Club Girls can get Heart potions through cards, so even if you don't need Mind in a given round, it still offers a way to turn your Brain Boosters into Hearts if you find yourself within 9 Hearts of a particularly good card that you want.

It's not really a top-tier card, but even without a drone offering me plenty of extra Mind, I think I've found it useful enough to have one in my deck.

Feb 22, 2018
So, after playing for some time, i have this to say:
  • Bugs. Decks wont reset at times. Decks will partially reset. Decks will reset to empty decks. Latex set cards always spawned a huge warning and never worked for me.
  • A lot of cards you never buy at all. The ideal deck is "draw enough to compensate for basic cards and finishers", basic cards and finishers, so you play every card every turn. Finishers are cards like blowjob, targeted ads and such, massive TF boost. The only reason to ever buy anything else is to see H attached.
  • Most transformation decks are useless. Yes, some offer decent draws (Maid), some change your main combo (Schoolgirl using brain2TF instead of heart2TF), but most just water your pool for no reason (besides H). None so far is good enough to build your deck around.
  • Most unock decks are also useless. The only pure gameplay upgrade is Lezdom instead of Cock.
So, this is what you should build to win most of the time: spend bonus points on femme fatale upgrade. At early game, grab a braingen or two, ideally potion-based. Use it to grab therapist, ads and research lab later. Grab every draw card you can. That's it. In story mode i usually do over 400 dmg to the boss on turn 1.

CremePai

Aug 9, 2018
I found some broken links on the html version of 1.13

won't load or is corrupted. It is the magical girl version of "Low Cut Top"

won't load or is corrupted. It is the icon for the drone TF overview you get between matches.

Talking about this... why is this a thing in the first place? Putting the drone stats on the inbetween-matches-page suggests you carry your drone over to the next game, but that isn't happening. And would probably be utterly broken.

Also I would probably differentiate the TF icon on cards that damage you as a cost (Mostly found on Succubus-cards) a little better. I know they have a +TF instead of the usual TF (which deals damage to your opponant), but at first glance it is a bit confusing. Maybe you could make the shade of the +TF symbol a little darker?

RosieShy

Aug 22, 2018
Apollo Seven
A couple suggestions/requests:
-"Auto Play Simple Cards" shouldn't play potion cards.
-It would be very nice to be able to see how many copies are owned of a card in the buy pile

Yuki231

Jul 1, 2017
Can someone tell which cards are discarded after beating a boss? Is it random? Because I can't for the life of me understand why I lose most of my deck yet some of the cards stay.

Silentj-Ghost

Aug 30, 2020
It's probably an effect of the boss to discard the cards that are played or are in the discard pile. I know that some of the bosses have some special abilities that reduce your resources or even damage. Another possibility is that it's a bug in the game.

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Many thanks ApolloSeven
Great game, very highly replayable

Request:
Was wondering if it would be possible to have the Gifs Location optionally at the top of the right hand sidebar ?

Yuki231

Jul 1, 2017
This is actually a really solid and fun card game. They did a great job translating the fetishes to the mechanics of the game.
I also really like how you can make some stupid op moves.
I hope they don't nerf some of this, case it's fun doing shit like this!

1612898442697.png

Morghast

Jan 23, 2020
ANIMAL: I... Don't really get the subdeck, to be honest. When I play catgirls, I pick up the catgirl card when I have spare resources, I buy Pounces and a Queen in Heat, and I watch the enemy transform before me like an illusion falling apart. This subdeck seems to assume I do things very differently, and I'm not sure how I'd make that work.
I have the biggest success with this subdeck... there is trait (and to be honest the only trait you will need) called spirit animal... just pick cat and go from there. Put animal with purity and pick Engineer also... dont pick pounce, just go for another catcirl... Play with your Food/Gone Feral/ Stalk / Predator works wonders.... keep the deck small with engeneer and many cats and pick all the cards that cycles themselfs or give +1Draw... 9/10 you want even get to yellow cards and the game will be over... only difficult fight is the Ascension 10 boss and that is because there is a bug and you cant purchase the card next to the Animal Print for some reason.. Really it's just easy mode...
1612902714015.png
1612902758561.png
Deck will end up looking something like this.. that was a fast Ascension 5 run... so i didn't even got to red cards.

Last edited:

Jan 10, 2018
I have the biggest success with this subdeck... there is trait (and to be honest the only trait you will need) called spirit animal... just pick cat and go from there. Put animal with purity and pick Engineer also... dont pick pounce, just go for another catcirl... Play with your Food/Gone Feral/ Stalk / Predator works wonders.... keep the deck small with engeneer and many cats and pick all the cards that cycles themselfs or give +1Draw... 9/10 you want even get to yellow cards and the game will be over... only difficult fight is the Ascension 10 boss and that is because there is a bug and you cant purchase the card next to the Animal Print for some reason.. Really it's just easy mode...
View attachment 1028476
View attachment 1028478
Deck will end up looking something like this.. that was a fast Ascension 5 run... so i didn't even got to red cards.
To be clear, I was referring specifically to the buyable subdeck rather than the main deck; all of the cards you mentioned are part of the main deck. Catgirl itself has been one of the easiest decks I've found to play with, with effective cards that you can buy regardless of your current transformation level.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
This is actually a really solid and fun card game. They did a great job translating the fetishes to the mechanics of the game.
I also really like how you can make some stupid op moves.
I hope they don't nerf some of this, case it's fun doing shit like this!

View attachment 1028355
Getting giant numbers is part is a feature, the game is designed to let you do hundreds of thousands of damage in one turn.

Levitikan

Sep 9, 2018
do unlocked card sets not appear in the story mode or are they only for certain classes as the first one i have unlocked isn't appearing

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
do unlocked card sets not appear in the story mode or are they only for certain classes as the first one i have unlocked isn't appearing
Some of them only appear for certain classes others are available for some or all classes

Last edited:
Reactions: Levitikan
4.50 star(s) 57 Votes