VN Ren'Py The Accidental Master [v0.4.6-RC1] [Network 34 Games]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Well. ya gotta use those experiments and creations someplace! TV screens are great places to sneak them in!

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
So is this game literally just building a harem of lesbians to play with each other behind your back, including your fucking daughter? I thought it was bad enough that half of the renders look like they're a decade old and Shayna's face looks like it's desperately trying to run away from her head, not to mention the obnoxious and utterly pointless star trek parody cutaways.

What is the point of the daughter jilling off to the MC, stating multiple times that she's a virgin, and then immediately throwing herself at the first random lesbo that flirts with her? You do understand that this sequence of events makes literally no sense from a story telling standpoint, right? There's no throughline whatsoever. It would still be dumb if it was Amy, rather than Jamie, but at least it would make some amount of sense.

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Well it's good to see this title is still being worked on.

Also, I'm posting this useful tool for anyone that wants to have a lighter shaded text box...while enjoying this title. This Ren'py script will add a text box, and font slider with in your preferences (and it works for most other Ren'py titles as well).

Install: Extract and place the file into the game folder, then run the game exe. Enjoy :cool:
View attachment 3195598
Teensy bit of tweaking and that could definitely work

Opacity is a nice add.
1703990145943.png

The text size option is a problem though. If the player increases it the dialogue boxes don't have a mechanism to take that into account automagically. Could rework into multi-click to get through the dialogues (more clicking for all) or just lose the text size adjustment.

1703989666652.png

JMINATL

Aug 25, 2018
Well, I played it to the end of the recent update and in my opinion, it's not great. The overall render quality is inconsistent AF. There are problems with lightning and clipping. Most of the renders look grainy and some faces the characters make, go into the uncanny valley terretory. The story is boring and advancing at snail pace. I don't have a problem with a slow burn game, if the story is interesting, but talking about the wether or what kind of coffee is supposed to be good (always pointing out, only black coffee without anything) isn't interesting at all. Especially if the same is said every fucking 20 renders just with a different line. We got it, dev, you like your coffee black, now move the fuck on.

And to make matters worse, the harem tag seems to be misleading, because out of the so far obvious 3 LIs (Ashley, the daughter; Shayna, the neighbor; Melissa, Shayna's sister) 2 are lesbians or at least starting a lesbian relationship. Nothing indicates anymore, that this will be or end in a harem. The blowjob scene with Melissa and thoughts of her to have a go at the MC and Ashleys thoughts about wanting to be with her father seem to be completely gone out of the window, because both of them hooking up with a girl each (Melissa with Cash, from MC's company and Ashley with a girl buddy of the MC). Oh, and because it's a KN, it will be forced, so even if these 4 end also with the MC, he will have to share, which disqualifies the game as a harem and makes it a polyamour.

So basically, if you're a fan of harem games and not polyamour, then my suggestion is, drop it now. Otherwise the disappointment will be even bigger. I will stop here now, too. I hate to be deceived by devs claiming their games will have a harem, just to throw it out at the first possibility they get, just because "lesbian is hot and every man likes it".
GRAINY
This release added the second half of Chapter 4. A lot of the grainy stuff is tied to the early chapters that were done using some sort of postage-stamp sized monitors on a potato (that MC shower scene...) It's still not a high-end rig, but it's a lot better now (he has upgraded GPU and Monitors). Since then he's been going through and reworking old stuff off and on, so you'll see some jarring inconsistency as he re-does the worst offenders.

Bear in mind it is a complete re-pose and re-render of anything he does back that far, so it costs more or less the same amount of time as advancing the story by a scene.

UNCANNY VALLEY
It's morphs. Some of those are really overdone (again, moreso in previous chapters.) We were pestering him to redo the convenience store scene from the road-trip on the discord. Also there's this scene of Shayna in the kitchen where she's like an Evil Shayna T1000.

WEATHER and COFFEE
Not gonna disagree on the BLACK COFFEE. Hardly gamebreaking, but an overdone theme. Needs to mix that up more IMO.

The weather thing though, I hadn't noticed particularly.

LESBIAN
Lesbian is in the 'planned' tags. Harem is in the tags. Tags aren't perfect and polyamour isn't one of the defined ones, so interpretations could vary. Still, yeah, N34, probably worth going over the tags and updating based on game evolution as appropriate. It's been a while. https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/ )

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
The writing is progressing steadily. I already have one scene completed, developed 2 characters further, and introduced a new side character. I'll be grabbing a couple weeks off this month, but then after that, it's back to the usual production.

It ended up being a MUCH longer scene than I had intended, but I think it is better for it. (sometimes characters just have a lot to say! Who am I to stop them? lol)

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
If the developer has no intention of changing the game so as to accede to the wishes of the poster, then there is no feeling out or bartering or whatever - just posturing.
I guess. Though developers ask for feedback and change their minds all the time, especially if dollars or blowback is at whatever level makes them uncomfortable. Anyway. It's the internet. If you put a product out there and somebody doesn't like it, they'll tell you. Expect it. It's not going to stop. Ever.

Reactions: Juerhullycin

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
It ended up being a MUCH longer scene than I had intended, but I think it is better for it. (sometimes characters just have a lot to say! Who am I to stop them? lol)
Yup, I've been there writing books...
Main character "Blah Blah Blah" - All Important details, like things they need to do in the background of scenes etc...
Writer "Shut it MC, Im busy!"
Doesn't work well... you have to keep going back and putting in all the details, and by then ideas dissipate.

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
I guess. Though developers ask for feedback and change their minds all the time, especially if dollars or blowback is at whatever level makes them uncomfortable. Anyway. It's the internet. If you put a product out there and somebody doesn't like it, they'll tell you. Expect it. It's not going to stop. Ever.
Oh, I don't expect it to ever stop. I just probably won't take too much notice of it. that's how you end up dragging your plot WAY off point and end up with a disconnected mess.

Oh and for those interested. currently on scene 3 of an expected 9. although as described before.. things have a habit of expanding on ya, lol

we51nat0r

Apr 20, 2021
So let me start out by saying I really like this game and I replayed the latest update tonight cause I was bored and we seem to be stuck in a sandbox ntr rutt community wise......this game tiptoes up to the ntr line....sticks the foot over it....mockingly laughs at those of us that arent ntr ppl and says "were not ntr....hehe...were not ntr"....not really ntr but come on dev im starting to feel like a cuck here :(

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
So let me start out by saying I really like this game and I replayed the latest update tonight cause I was bored and we seem to be stuck in a sandbox ntr rutt community wise......this game tiptoes up to the ntr line....sticks the foot over it....mockingly laughs at those of us that arent ntr ppl and says "were not ntr....hehe...were not ntr"....not really ntr but come on dev im starting to feel like a cuck here :(
Sure you have the correct avn you are posting about?

Reactions: HiHaHo
Nov 18, 2021
my friend, the only problem with this game and the images, my recommendation is to use HS (I think it's easier to create the characters without looking so strange. I couldn't finish the game because the images go through , " effect is a hypothesized psychological and aesthetic relation between an object's degree of resemblance to a human being and the emotional response to the object. ")

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes