VN Ren'Py The Accidental Master [v0.4.6-RC1] [Network 34 Games]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Network 34 Games

Developer of The Accidental Master
Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
way I look at my game is I'm telling the story I want to tell. people who like it, like it, and people who don't don't, but that's true of any game. But for the people who don't like it. Sorry, but I have no plans to change MY plans in order to accommodate you.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Oh, I'm not new to the internet by any means, and I have lost count of the times I have experienced or seen something similar. thing is. I actually appreciate a good critical comment. It all helps me to learn and improve. I might not LIKE them, but they do contribute to the conversation in a constructive way.

To me that was simply a flounce. to what ends I'm not sure.
this is a good approach tbh

some people take some things to personal
yes some people get way to aggressive or go over the top whit criticism but it can only hurt you if you let it

juts filtering out useful information and using that to improve is the best approach

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
this is a good approach tbh

some people take some things to personal
yes some people get way to aggressive or go over the top whit criticism but it can only hurt you if you let it

juts filtering out useful information and using that to improve is the best approach
I dont mind people complaining. if they come to me with examples, and perhaps even suggestions. the place i draw the line there though is with the story..

Lolas Razor

Mar 19, 2022
that was actually quite fun to read through,
few fucked up renders here and there tho.
(the legs going through the car floor onto the street had me almost pissing myself laughing. The Flintstones? Anyone?)

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Heh. yeah there's a few clonkers still in there. As I progress with the story. I'm also going back into chapters 1 and 2. (Possibly 3) and redoing some of the worst offenders. That will likely be one of them

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slick Bean

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I did like like the Tasha moving to evaluate Jamie's threat level animation though. (y)

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
that one needs to be redone too. main reason being, a dog in that state would NOT have her tail curled under her. not on her own turf anyway. (little weird things in my mind that just arent quite right. y'know?)

Rohse

Jan 4, 2018
Loved the last update and that people have lives around the MC. Its interesting to see where this will go.

Love even more that you're staying firm to the story you want to write and telling the haters to (politely) pound sand.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well, I played it to the end of the recent update and in my opinion, it's not great. The overall render quality is inconsistent AF. There are problems with lightning and clipping. Most of the renders look grainy and some faces the characters make, go into the uncanny valley terretory. The story is boring and advancing at snail pace. I don't have a problem with a slow burn game, if the story is interesting, but talking about the wether or what kind of coffee is supposed to be good (always pointing out, only black coffee without anything) isn't interesting at all. Especially if the same is said every fucking 20 renders just with a different line. We got it, dev, you like your coffee black, now move the fuck on.

And to make matters worse, the harem tag seems to be misleading, because out of the so far obvious 3 LIs (Ashley, the daughter; Shayna, the neighbor; Melissa, Shayna's sister) 2 are lesbians or at least starting a lesbian relationship. Nothing indicates anymore, that this will be or end in a harem. The blowjob scene with Melissa and thoughts of her to have a go at the MC and Ashleys thoughts about wanting to be with her father seem to be completely gone out of the window, because both of them hooking up with a girl each (Melissa with Cash, from MC's company and Ashley with a girl buddy of the MC). Oh, and because it's a KN, it will be forced, so even if these 4 end also with the MC, he will have to share, which disqualifies the game as a harem and makes it a polyamour.

So basically, if you're a fan of harem games and not polyamour, then my suggestion is, drop it now. Otherwise the disappointment will be even bigger. I will stop here now, too. I hate to be deceived by devs claiming their games will have a harem, just to throw it out at the first possibility they get, just because "lesbian is hot and every man likes it".

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I enjoy the game and the story, it's different and who doesn't love Tasha, she is such a good girl and is very protective of the girls too. I've seen comments saying to cut the MC's ponytail off or shorten his hair, please do not do this, the hairstyle and length are what makes the MC unique in his own right, just keep telling the story you are because there is plenty of us out there that love the work you're doing Network 34 Games

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
The big problem being. he cant just make up plans for the place out of thin air. and it's gonna take time to do. but that's all going to be part of the story too..

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
The big problem being. he cant just make up plans for the place out of thin air. and it's gonna take time to do. but that's all going to be part of the story too..
All these babes living with him now .. sure there can be some fun brainstorming, maybe even lending a hand, help with the renovations, go look for new furniture, maybe go stake out some bars across the street or the other side of town, see what works ...

Those could be cool dates with each and every one of the girls .. move some plot along.
His employees sure are not interested in doing anything and the owner is not putting them on the spot for it which he should be doing if they wanna keep having a job:
the bar back already told a lengthy appologetic severance speech to MC in the very beginning of this game, while the bar maid is looking to whore herself for tips, not actually working for naything.

Last edited:

Network 34 Games

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Well the back story for MC is ne made his money early and the bar was a vanity project, which he left for Jim the old guy to run. Jim isnt up to the job any more, so now he has to take it seriously.

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
Well, I played it to the end of the recent update and in my opinion, it's not great. The overall render quality is inconsistent AF. There are problems with lightning and clipping. Most of the renders look grainy and some faces the characters make, go into the uncanny valley terretory. The story is boring and advancing at snail pace. I don't have a problem with a slow burn game, if the story is interesting, but talking about the wether or what kind of coffee is supposed to be good (always pointing out, only black coffee without anything) isn't interesting at all. Especially if the same is said every fucking 20 renders just with a different line. We got it, dev, you like your coffee black, now move the fuck on.

And to make matters worse, the harem tag seems to be misleading, because out of the so far obvious 3 LIs (Ashley, the daughter; Shayna, the neighbor; Melissa, Shayna's sister) 2 are lesbians or at least starting a lesbian relationship. Nothing indicates anymore, that this will be or end in a harem. The blowjob scene with Melissa and thoughts of her to have a go at the MC and Ashleys thoughts about wanting to be with her father seem to be completely gone out of the window, because both of them hooking up with a girl each (Melissa with Cash, from MC's company and Ashley with a girl buddy of the MC). Oh, and because it's a KN, it will be forced, so even if these 4 end also with the MC, he will have to share, which disqualifies the game as a harem and makes it a polyamour.

So basically, if you're a fan of harem games and not polyamour, then my suggestion is, drop it now. Otherwise the disappointment will be even bigger. I will stop here now, too. I hate to be deceived by devs claiming their games will have a harem, just to throw it out at the first possibility they get, just because "lesbian is hot and every man likes it".
Thanks for the warning.

Saved me time.

That's unfortunate.

Reactions: 100%HAREM

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Is it just me or there was a breath of fresh air going through here?

It was probably the door opening and closing for those that left...

Peace :D

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes