xy90k

Jan 1, 2020
I guess that you talk about when Garnet wakes up in the Adventurer's Guild after having been poisoned. Better than dying, no? Someway.. belonging to the guild gives her some kind of insurance. There are still bad ends though, when she can't be rescued. And keep in mind that, when she is rescued, loses part of her money.
I was just trying to convey my feelings for being reminded that this game exists. The last time I played this was over a decade ago.

• Hey there
Reactions: taberenc

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
I was just trying to convey my feelings for being reminded that this game exists. The last time I played this was over a decade ago.
until last october, the last time i did updates for this game was at least 5 years ago. And.. I'm not confident at all about if, what I'm doing, is right, tbh.
A dude wrote me a mail a few months ago and told me that there was still interest on it. that he wrote to the others that time ago participated on its develop, and it seems that I was the only one who answered to him. And I said that i was not interested, that i was not the right person, that i didnt know enough.. , because i don't know about programming. He told me that he would help me on this matter, and convinced me to search the old files and check it out. He sent me links of people in some forums that still were talking about this like one or two years ago.
So i checked those links .. And then i thought that maybe i could try to scratch some time for this and think about the end of the main story. How i stopped was something that i had left in the past, but it had been abrupt. In 2017 i broke my right arm two times, so i was unable to keep working on it. and i was not aware that my absence would mean the end. I thought that other people would keep working on it.
Already back then in 2017 my main focus was to finish the main story line, so, with this dude, already in 2022, i told him "ok, lets do the good ending". But when he saw what a mess is the code of the game (with different hands having worked on it, with programs 10 years old..) well, he stopped answering my mails.
But i'm a bit stubborn, and i dont like to leave things in the middle when i begin on them, so i recalled how the things were done.. and began to do things again. Slowly. So i kept doing stuff until february, when, nearly to the final boss, i needed to think and also someone to play it and search for bugs. So i stopped doing things and began to search people to try it, so i did the blogspot and is also how i ended here in this forum.
Here things go to a different pace. I did the 1st thread, did the requests.. and.. well, admins here seems to have a lot of job, so it took some time to have the thread published. And when it was, it contained errors (i was not ready to wake up so much interest. I thought that nobody would want to play a so old game) and has not been until a pair of days ago that, finally, i can edit the post, update the links, have the correct badges and be able to focus again on developing the game.
This afternoon i've been creating the tilesets for the final maps, because the light is different.
And.. well, if you see bugs, please, report them.

And sorry for my grammar or vocabulary mistakes. I'm not native english speaker.

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Are the sewers finished that i can find the Princess?

I've been working on other things and, right now, i dont remember if the missed princess quest was finished or not. If it isn't i'll put this on the list of things to do.
If you can explain it with a bit more detail will be easier to me to find out the npc's involved. right now is not the area in which i'm working.

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
How do you get into dog mode?
there are several ways:
in Dali, as a slave, talk with the dog seller. I dont recall if it works too when you are under hypnosis effect.
In Carthage accepting an experimental beverage from a dude in a bar.
In the hell area there is a ghost witch that can help in this too.
And there is some other way, iirc.

Some magic spells can only be learnt if dog level is up enough. Same applies with slave state. both need to reach a certain level, beside the adventurer state, in order to unlock some magic spells.

Reactions: Say:onara

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Who needs to be asked to get key lubricated?
If you know for what door is, and you already know that is better going there by night, and since some people (like the guy who builds a house) has already said that you dont need it, why dont you try it?

Faden

Jun 21, 2018
Equipping fetter softlocks the game. Can't even go to menu.
If you know for what door is, and you already know that is better going there by night, and since some people (like the guy who builds a house) has already said that you dont need it, why dont you try it?
I see now.
That didn't work for slave.

Last edited:

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Equipping fetter softlocks the game. Can't even go to menu.

I see now.
That didn't work for slave.
You mean the fetter armor? I didn't create it. I just did the graphics a few months ago, which were not done. That fetter armor was created around 2017. When i did the graphics and included in the game was because i checked the data and, to me, it seemed normal. I don't remember right now if there is any switch in the game related with that armor. Since the graphic part was not done and it was not included in the game, i supposed that wouldnt be active anything related with it.
So: I would like to know the details about this lock.

About slave status.. slaves can't wear all armor or dresses. Only a few of them. Do you think that is required within the logic of the game for a slave to be able to wear a fetter armor? If you think so, I could change it. But theorically was created as something that was not for slaves.

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
btw..I drew pretty much most of the degradations on the armors.. I'm not very proud of my job, but i think that they work good enough.
Also.. i did the freelance armor, but i've got doubts about it since the moment that i did it. and thinking on remake it, at least when is new. "Freelance" is an euphemism of prostitution, so is the most revealing dress. but even so, maybe is too much.

Elsiss Surana

Jan 15, 2019
Sorry.. the main boss is an hypnotist mage. Is the dude that scapes from the sword. So.. what hypnotist are you talking about?
Huh, I haven't even heard of this main boss yet. Must not have met them. The hypnotist that I am talking about is the one living in the woods in the cabin. I believe her name is Lizzie.

This other mage hypnotist, are they even in the game yet?

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 3 Votes