Rafa8946

Jun 6, 2017
the "hony" the npc on the city of woman can sell it
and to buy a dog for herself or a horse

Rafa8946

Jun 6, 2017
Sorry haven't have played the game for awhile only got back to it.

Some of sewer area's are empty and some areas have slimes stuck inside the walls.
An i have not found the princess at all so have no idea if she was add to it.
the stell the axe

nosdregamon

Apr 19, 2018
Loaded the game into RPGM XP, trying to get a glimpse of how to pursue some quests. RPGM XP looks easy at first, but oh my, it feels like you need to take so many extra steps to make anything work, and I couldn't even find quests :) My admiration for the autor, to make this all work!

If I could make a suggestion: Since there's some time-related stuff going on (NPCs (dis)appearing by night/day), what about an item that let's time pass? Say an hourglass, that if used, forwards the time to the next category of time ("Watching the the sand like hypnotized, you look up to notice it's already [night|dawn|day|Evening]").

Last edited:

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
Loaded the game into RPGM XP, trying to get a glimpse of how to pursue some quests. RPGM XP looks easy at first, but oh my, it feels like you need to take so many extra steps to make anything work, and I couldn't even find quests :) My admiration for the autor, to make this all work!

If I could make a suggestion: Since there's some time-related stuff going on (NPCs (dis)appearing by night/day), what about an item that let's time pass? Say an hourglass, that if used, forwards the time to the next category of time ("Watching the the sand like hypnotized, you look up to notice it's already [night|dawn|day|Evening]").
I like the idea of that time stuff thing that you comment.
I've been busy with my real life job, and i will until the end of june. In july i'll have free time again and i'll be able to keep working on the game again.

I know how to modify the speed of time and how much hours has each period.. BUT.. i'm not a coder myself. I suffer to find where to make those changes and make them possible. that hour glass thing.. mm well..! 1st) an hour interface would be required 2nd) the object would have a code that would be active or inactive and would modify drastically the time..
If i think on what would be required.. maybe yes, i could do it. Step by step. I mean.. i've done other things that i thought that i wouldnt be able to make them. but at the end.. what i would need the most is time myself to do it. Since im not a coder, i require much more time to do the things, because i need to figure out them.
And right now.. i prefer to invest my time in do the end of the game. which, by the way, it has its own complications. And they are not a few.
So.. well, i wont say that i wont do it, but i think that is not a priority right now.

But i like the idea. If you feel able to help to do it, you could get involved in the project.

About the quests thing.. first you need money, because if you dont have it, you can't purchase a helmet and a shield to leave the 1st city. And to earn that money, you need to inscribe yourself on the Adventurers Guild, which costs money. they will give you jobs and pay for them. But the 1st thing is to search money around the town so you can pay your fee to the Adventurers Guild.

nosdregamon

Apr 19, 2018
I can code a little, but I'm not sure I'll "get" ruby. Let's see if I can dive a bit deeper into that :)

About the quests: I'm still trying to figure out, how the quests are structured. It seems, there's no central "menu" or "database entry" for quests, but rather that they are events on maps, which makes them hard to find (but I guess that's the best one could do with RpgMaker XP).

My current "state" of quests is: I left the city with a pan for a shield and the pot for a helmet, and thanks to an overpowered steel axe I found just laying around in the north west city, I even made it through the goblin mines (the axe annihilates everything in the general direction I swing it). I think I visited most areas (and I'm in the guild now), but I don't really know how to proceed any further. I'm currently at the merchants tower and waiting until the cat girl the top of the tower wakes up at, made me realize how vital time is and I have to re-visit every place at different times...

Rafa8946

Jun 6, 2017
thebad part it's the code to making whaping all that, alll rpg's have bilions of lines of code

nosdregamon

Apr 19, 2018
Without getting into Ruby, I created a Hourglass-Item, that uses a new "Pass Time"-Event (I copied a line from the existing Sleep-Event), created a Map-Event to "pick up" the newly created hourglass. And to my surprise it works, from the items menu in game (no clue, if forwarding time breaks quests, though).

taberenc : From what I understand, all my changes are now in the ".rxdata"-files, which seem impossible to share/merge with git-diff (at least without overwriting stuff someone else did in the meantime). Is there another way to export changes?

thebad part it's the code to making whaping all that, alll rpg's have bilions of lines of code
The other half of making programs, is organizing data, and RPGMaker is quite disorienting for me :(

Last edited:

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
I can code a little, but I'm not sure I'll "get" ruby. Let's see if I can dive a bit deeper into that :)

About the quests: I'm still trying to figure out, how the quests are structured. It seems, there's no central "menu" or "database entry" for quests, but rather that they are events on maps, which makes them hard to find (but I guess that's the best one could do with RpgMaker XP).

My current "state" of quests is: I left the city with a pan for a shield and the pot for a helmet, and thanks to an overpowered steel axe I found just laying around in the north west city, I even made it through the goblin mines (the axe annihilates everything in the general direction I swing it). I think I visited most areas (and I'm in the guild now), but I don't really know how to proceed any further. I'm currently at the merchants tower and waiting until the cat girl the top of the tower wakes up at, made me realize how vital time is and I have to re-visit every place at different times...
the story is as follows: the father of garnet is called to a mission on the hell's doors. he goes there and after some time send a letter to garnet where he says that she should go with a comrade of him to an specific place. she then should meet with the comrade of her father, but there is problems (like the path blocked with fallen trees, the sword broken..) so things get complicated.
If you have reached that White Tower in the latest version of the game (then, not using any magic portal nor anything like that), then you have the broken sword and you are now searching for that comrade. the cat girl will help you on that regard of the comrade. the broken sword stuff it has a different aproach.

*I don't remember right now about that steel axe. I didnt put it there. Was in the crypt, maybe? If you think that is over powered, i could nerf it or change it by another item.

*2 About the time stuff: if you have got github, i could add you there so you can make a fork and i could give you the assigment. Since it seems that you have done something already, i could check it up, and if it works, then merge it. I don't have a problem with that.
If i've understood it correctly, you have github already, isn't it? then send me a request in there and we see from there.

nosdregamon

Apr 19, 2018
I didn't know I'm looking for someone different than Garnet's father, I guess, I missed that. Time to look what the card the cat girl gave me is good for.

1) The steel axe isn't much of a problem for me, actually it's the only weapon that let's me proceed on my lame notebook - it's so slow the enemies have a tendency to "jump" at Garnet and one-hit her - so it's nice to attack them from half the map away. OFC enemies might also be broken because of said lame notebook...

2) I know a bit of git and have a git hub-account but not much experience with actually using the latter. I'll try to "push" my changes to you, but I'd guess the changed .rxdata files could be quite useless for merging. The data in "src\Yaml" looks more promising for that, but I have no clue how to import/export that to/from RPGmakerXP. Anyways, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: ...and you got a pull request.

Last edited:
Reactions: taberenc

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
I didn't know I'm looking for someone different than Garnet's father, I guess, I missed that. Time to look what the card the cat girl gave me is good for.

1) The steel axe isn't much of a problem for me, actually it's the only weapon that let's me proceed on my lame notebook - it's so slow the enemies have a tendency to "jump" at Garnet and one-hit her - so it's nice to attack them from half the map away. OFC enemies might also be broken because of said lame notebook...

2) I know a bit of git and have a git hub-account but not much experience with actually using the latter. I'll try to "push" my changes to you, but I'd guess the changed .rxdata files could be quite useless for merging. The data in "src\Yaml" looks more promising for that, but I have no clue how to import/export that to/from RPGmakerXP. Anyways, I'll give it a try.

EDIT: ...and you got a pull request.
I'm not an expert on github either. I'm not even native english speaker. It may be gramatical or ortographic errors in serveral dialogues that im not aware of.
I've seen the pull request. I've labelled it as an enhancement. As soon as i can i'll check it out.
And thanks!

Taynas

May 28, 2018
Oh man, this game takes me back. It's what got me into female protagonist based games. So glad to see this his been revived. Looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: taberenc

taberenc

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2018
that part is on Dev.
when you reply to a message.. please, keep the message which you are replying to (it will appear between "QUOTE"s ). Then is easier to understand what are you answering to. I've got interest in what you say, so please, make it easier to be understood. And thanks for your contribution to this forum.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes