asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
In anticipation of the TACOS Season 2 appearing here, I've been getting my gallery mod ready to use for it and couldn't resist working on a new feature.

While I prefer the page view like it currently has, many folks on this site prefer a scrolling view but I find it gets hard to navigate with a large list, especially with just a mouse. So I am giving players the option to switch between the view types, and as a bonus added keyboard hotkeys to help with the scrolling.

This is still a WIP but here's a preview. Would you like the gallery to remember which view you had between launches of the game?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
mod for season 2 dont work. Installed correctly under game directory. Tried pressing G in main menu. Load a save from season1 but no gallery comes up.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Mircom3D

Getting following error. I played season 1 from the start again to prepare save for S2.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/part1a.rpy", line 2531, in script
    if ryan_man or ryan_bust and simon:
  File "game/part1a.rpy", line 2531, in <module>
NameError: name 'ryan_man' is not defined

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
mod for season 2 dont work. Installed correctly under game directory. Tried pressing G in main menu. Load a save from season1 but no gallery comes up.
Since Season 2 is a new executable I have to make a new version for it. My preparation was to make sure that season 1 gallery code is as reusable as possible for season 2. Working on Season 2 gallery right now and it should be available in a couple of hours if not sooner.

Reactions: asplly97

asplly97

Retired
Game Developer
Nov 9, 2018
Since Season 2 is a new executable I have to make a new version for it. My preparation was to make sure that season 1 gallery code is as reusable as possible for season 2. Working on Season 2 gallery right now and it should be available in a couple of hours if not sooner.
Oh my bad. I thought the gallery was prepared and hence applied it. Cool . Will wait for it.

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Mircom3D

Getting following error. I played season 1 from the start again to prepare save for S2.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/part1a.rpy", line 2531, in script
  File "game/part1a.rpy", line 2531, in <module>
NameError: name 'ryan_man' is not defined
Open part1a.rpy and go to line 2531.
Change this: if ryan_man or ryan_bust and simon:
To this: if ryan_mad or ryan_bust and simon:

Enjoy!

Reactions: r0ckh0und

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial Android port of TAC The Original Story Season 2 Part1a.
since the developer had not implemented a check for the validity of the save files, i had to do one myself, which means that only the "end" save files from my Season 1 port and the save files from my Season 2 port could be used.
at the very first start of the app you get the chance to import valid Season 1 save files. do or do not, there is no try. this is the only opportunity, later you have to do this manually.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall the app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore it needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: Adviar5050

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Created the gallery mod for Season 2. Please be sure to download the correct mod - TACOSS2GalleryModvpart1amab1.zip

There were a lot more scenes and scene variations than I expected. I was thinking more in line of TAC S2 :ROFLMAO:

Download at the usual places:
F95zone -

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Greets! Quick question for the folks who played the original game as well as the full season 1 of the remake: How far has the remake reached content wise in comparison to the old original?

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
Hey, I'm wondering if someone with some code/tech savvy might help me with an error I'm getting. After
I tried looking up in the part1a.rpy file, but that specific d2_night label seems correct to me since it's popping up in a few other cases (I'm bad with coding so I'm probably wrong.)
Thanks for any help!

later edit: I replaced d2_night with day_3 and it got "fixed", but I'm wondering if I missed some scene by doing that. (using day_3 did work out I think, since I woke up on the couch)

Last edited:

FrezzPussy

Dec 16, 2019
I played part 1 completely and without errors. When I want to continue with part 2 I get this error.

Code:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ---------------------------------------------------------------- Full traceback: File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script python hide: File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute tecode, self.hide, store=self.store) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode exec(bytecode, globals, locals) File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module> python hide: File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide ui.interact() File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc. (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\ren py\ui.py", line 301, in interact rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2166, in interact repeat, rv =. trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3208, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 793, in event rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc ( 1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1430, in event rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc )\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1430, in event rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc )\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1174, in event return handle_click(self.clicked) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1095, in handle_click rv = run(action) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior. py", line 395, in run return action(*args, **kwargs) File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__ renpy.load(fn) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 829, in load
 log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load") File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1130, in unfreeze self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1) \TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 925, in rollback self.load_failed() File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 843, in load_failed raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?") Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way? Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64 Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702 TAC The Original Story 2 part1a Sat Aug 17 22:47:37 2024

Joratox

Sep 1, 2018
I played part 1 completely and without errors. When I want to continue with part 2 I get this error.

Code:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ---------------------------------------------------------------- Full traceback: File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script python hide: File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 823, in execute tecode, self.hide, store=self.store) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode exec(bytecode, globals, locals) File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module> python hide: File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide ui.interact() File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc. (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\ren py\ui.py", line 301, in interact rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2166, in interact repeat, rv =. trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3208, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 793, in event rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc ( 1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1430, in event rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc )\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1430, in event rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1202, in event rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc )\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 288, in event rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1174, in event return handle_click(self.clicked) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1095, in handle_click rv = run(action) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\display\behavior. py", line 395, in run return action(*args, **kwargs) File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 498, in __call__ renpy.load(fn) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 829, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load") File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1130, in unfreeze self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True) File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1) \TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 925, in rollback self.load_failed() File "D:\3D\TACOS_S2-part1a-pc (1)\TACOS2-part1a-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 843, in load_failed raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?") Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way? Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64 Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702 TAC The Original Story 2 part1a Sat Aug 17 22:47:37 2024
Is your part 1 save made exactly on the last black screen ? If not, this is probably the issue.

Reactions: FrezzPussy

litbnwo

Jan 19, 2023
I like it! However, there are some mistakes in the text. I chose for the uncle to have sex with Anne, there was no blowjob, but then the uncle thanked her for the blowjob.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
So, I just found this game. Going to download Part 1, but do I need the "old" Ch 14 and 15?
No, TACOS isn't a sequel to the old one, but a revamp / updated version. The new one doesn't cover everything in the old one yet, but there's extra stuff along the way, so probably just play the new one which will eventually catch up, and just ignore the old one... so start with TACOS season 1, then you can import your save into season 2, not that I imagine there's much of that yet.

3.90 star(s) 125 Votes