jsmitth529

Mar 4, 2020
How does one clarify this?
Probably something along the lines of 'Necro' and 'Zombie'? Zombie is a specific enough fetish that it probably just warrants its own label to be specific and it'd cover every type of reanimated corpse content, as opposed to content with just a corpse.

Sadly the tag system on this site is jank in some situations and this is one of them, it'd all just be under the necrophilia tag.

Reactions: BlackDahliaStudios

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Probably something along the lines of 'Necro' and 'Zombie'? Zombie is a specific enough fetish that it probably just warrants its own label to be specific and it'd cover every type of reanimated corpse content, as opposed to content with just a corpse.

Sadly the tag system on this site is jank in some situations and this is one of them, it'd all just be under the necrophilia tag.
My instinct is to add a zombie filter if there's future zombie content and leave the necro filter as is for true necro. Though in the absence of a zombie filter it leaves ambiguity, I would be surprised if people come to my project seeking zombies...

Reactions: johnson.lv42

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
The main question I'm pondering right now: should I program a turn-based combat system or script all the combat scenes? I'm leaning towards coding, so that stats are more meaningful. My main concern is that it might break immersion, but manually writing all of the combat may become unwieldy and immersion-limiting at scale.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnson.lv42

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
The main question I'm pondering right now: should I program a turn-based combat system or script all the combat scenes? I'm leaning towards coding, so that stats are more meaningful. My main concern is that it might break immersion, but manually writing all of the combat may become unwieldy and immersion-limiting at scale.
By "script all the combat scenes" do you mean combats will just be a succession of scenes with no way for the player to influence the outcome of the fight? With pre-determinated result?

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
By "script all the combat scenes" do you mean combats will just be a succession of scenes with no way for the player to influence the outcome of the fight? With pre-determinated result?
What I mean is that inputs (based on player stats and choices) will be parsed and then the output will be in prose form.

Reactions: damnedfrog

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Milestone: Alpha version!

I'll be taking a break into December. Godspeed, everybody! Please let me know if you find bugs, and I hope that this version better portrays my vision for this project. I'm learning everything as I go, so please have patience with me.

See you on the other side...

v0.1.0 Changelog: The Exploration Update
-Title Screen AI Art
-Apprentice School Exploration
-Smut (Belle, Dahlia, Margerie)
-New Characters (Mel, Cass, Euchary)
-Monastery Exploration*
-Killable: Margerie
-Mechanics: NPC Spawns, Time, Crime Detection, Character Stats, Virginity, Casting, Goddess Rework
-Features: Logbook, Items, Skip, Menu Update, Dialogue
-New Settings: Preferences, Stat Toggle
-Code Cleaning
-Bugs/Typos

Accessible Word Count: 67,442 (+21,073)
Written Word Count: 88,318 (+23.934)

Note: * indicates an unfinished feature.

-Black Dahlia

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
Is this not abandoned? What's going on with this game, I waited literal months, I think over a year and then eventually gave up on this.

edit: so it takes a very long time for releases and apparently this is still a thing:

1698524115506.png

I'll check back in a few years I guess if I remember :S

Last edited:
  • Sad

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I would agree with your assesment and think it would be better if the combat was just drawing from the stats and the results are calculated, meaning it just appears as if the story is just playing out. Turn based combat isn't easy to make even remotely engaging in a written form without investing a lot of time and effort into writing dozens of variations for the usage of spells and whatnot. If the outcome is silently calculated it leaves you with the choice of how exactly that specific fight turns out and thus means you have to write less overall.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
Is this not abandoned? What's going on with this game, I waited literal months, I think over a year and then eventually gave up on this.

edit: so it takes a very long time for releases and apparently this is still a thing:

View attachment 3041250

I'll check back in a few years I guess if I remember :S
It's not abandoned. My work is picking up pace recently. Note: I don't work on this project full time, but I'm spending maybe 85-90% of my free time on it at this point.

The screenshot: Those are scenes that I still need to revise. I figured that including them in-game somehow was better than deletion. The existence of that menu option doesn't mean there's no smut accessible in-game, if that's what you're implying. There is.

Sigh. While I appreciate feedback, criticism without actually playing isn't helpful.

Last edited:

Sorreah

Feb 15, 2023
It's not abandoned. My work is picking up pace recently. Note: I don't work on this project full time.

The screenshot: Those are scenes that I still need to revise. I figured that including them in-game somehow was better than deletion. The existence of that menu option doesn't mean there's no smut accessible in-game, if that's what you're implying. There is.

Sigh. While I appreciate feedback, criticism without actually playing isn't helpful.
As I said, I played your game well over a year ago. I had a dumb moment because the way you worded that warning it DOES sound like you don't have any smut currently in game. I didn't realize you only meant the demo. That's my confusion. If I didn't like your game, I wouldn't have been waiting so long for updates, but one of the first things I read lead me to believe it has no NSFW content, which is a skip.

I'll try it again now that I know you only meant those demo scenes.

BlackDahliaStudios

Game Developer
Nov 18, 2020
As I said, I played your game well over a year ago. I had a dumb moment because the way you worded that warning it DOES sound like you don't have any smut currently in game. I didn't realize you only meant the demo. That's my confusion. If I didn't like your game, I wouldn't have been waiting so long for updates, but one of the first things I read lead me to believe it has no NSFW content, which is a skip.

I'll try it again now that I know you only meant those demo scenes.
Yeah, to be honest, I didn't even look at that menu in this last update. It probably should've been reworded.

Reactions: Sorreah
3.20 star(s) 5 Votes