Unity The Ark: Sci-Fi Adult Game [v0.1.6] [TheAesthetik]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

DaveAxel14

Jan 1, 2021
Wow, thank you for your extensive review and your kind words :D.
You have written some interesting things, I will keep them in mind.
one more thing i was wondering:
does the game run smooth because it's just one room?
if so i personally highly advise to use this technique for rest of the development: load and render everything room to room as if once you entered a new area the pervious area despawns
if not well... just ignore my suggestion... you're a wizard if the game runs THIS well

Reactions: The_Aesthetik

The_Aesthetik

Developing The Ark: Sci-fi Adult Game
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
one more thing i was wondering:
does the game run smooth because it's just one room?
if so i personally highly advise to use this technique for rest of the development: load and render everything room to room as if once you entered a new area the pervious area despawns
if not well... just ignore my suggestion... you're a wizard if the game runs THIS well
I think that currently the most worrying thing in terms of performance would be to show many npcs on screen.
We’ll see in the future if I’ll have to split the Ark, I hope not o_O

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
game about preserving species
make adding sex options that have nothing to do with reproduction priority in earliest builds
something tells me this game is going to turn out badly

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
game about preserving species
make adding sex options that have nothing to do with reproduction priority in earliest builds
something tells me this game is going to turn out badly
Some people just want games focused on sex, I want to make a game that can be played by different players, the next update it’s not focused on sex, I’m working other things

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
Some people just want games focused on sex, I want to make a game that can be played by different players, the next update it’s not focused on sex, I’m working other things
i did not say game should only focus on sex
i said that game about preserving species needs to be focused on things like reproduction or breeding as sex elements
and other gameplay elements to make a good overall game
then add other ("irrelevant") options sexually later to increase appeal when core mechanics and content are complete.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
i did not say game should only focus on sex
i said that game about preserving species needs to be focused on things like reproduction or breeding as sex elements
and other gameplay elements to make a good overall game
then add other ("irrelevant") options sexually later to increase appeal when core mechanics and content are complete.
I understand your point of view, but I did that update to make the game attractive to all people's tastes, it was only 2 weeks of work. Now I'm working on things that have nothing to do with sex, and are an important part of the gameplay.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
I understand your point of view, but I did that update to make the game attractive to all people's tastes, it was only 2 weeks of work. Now I'm working on things that have nothing to do with sex, and are an important part of the gameplay.
making game appeal to "all tastes" simply is another words for "wide and shallow".
following that is making your game just another "lol we add 1 cutscene of every fetish"
like we need ANOTHER one of these

if you actually want a good game you will make it tightly focused.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
making game appeal to "all tastes" simply is another words for "wide and shallow".
following that is making your game just another "lol we add 1 cutscene of every fetish"
like we need ANOTHER one of these

if you actually want a good game you will make it tightly focused.
I get your point but I think that making a mechanic more appealing doesn't mean the game is going to be bad. In my opinion it shows concern for the project. We are talking about an alpha in which I have decided to expand the sex mechanic to allow other options, we are not talking about working on useless mechanics, and I insist, now I am working on other mechanics. If you are interested in what I am developing you can look at the development thread that I have created. It's not a game focused on sex, but I want sex to provide a good experience, because I know that it's an attractive part of the game for some people from the feedback I've received.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
I get your point but I think that making a mechanic more appealing doesn't mean the game is going to be bad. In my opinion it shows concern for the project. We are talking about an alpha in which I have decided to expand the sex mechanic to allow other options, we are not talking about working on useless mechanics, and I insist, now I am working on other mechanics. If you are interested in what I am developing you can look at the development thread that I have created. It's not a game focused on sex, but I want sex to provide a good experience, because I know that it's an attractive part of the game for some people from the feedback I've received.
it is always a bad idea to include things unnecessarily at this stage. ALWAYS.

your first priority is knowing what game you are making and sticking to ONLY that vision. there are a thousands of shallow "let us include random irrelevant shit to increase appeal" games and if you copy them your popularity will be only as good as your art and NO BETTER.

your second priority needs to be designing code well so your engine can handling newer needs as you discover them

third is to only including features you can do well. do not half ass features. include them good or do not include them.

as you say, this is alpha. it is not the end of the world to make one mistake, but do not make it again. i am saying you this from experience in this field, not because i am just making things up.

i guess one other big priority is to be flexible. games do change and evolve, you may find the game you are getting is not the same as your original idea, and that is fine. look at how GTA came from stupid driving simulator. but that was taking one specific vision and changing it into ANOTHER specific vision. sometimes that is a good idea, but not just including things because you think they might make it more popular.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
it is always a bad idea to include things unnecessarily at this stage. ALWAYS.

your first priority is knowing what game you are making and sticking to ONLY that vision. there are a thousands of shallow "let us include random irrelevant shit to increase appeal" games and if you copy them your popularity will be only as good as your art and NO BETTER.

your second priority needs to be designing code well so your engine can handling newer needs as you discover them

third is to only including features you can do well. do not half ass features. include them good or do not include them.

as you say, this is alpha. it is not the end of the world to make one mistake, but do not make it again. i am saying you this from experience in this field, not because i am just making things up.

i guess one other big priority is to be flexible. games do change and evolve, you may find the game you are getting is not the same as your original idea, and that is fine. look at how GTA came from stupid driving simulator. but that was taking one specific vision and changing it into ANOTHER specific vision. sometimes that is a good idea, but not just including things because you think they might make it more popular.
I don’t know what type of experience you have in creating games, I have it too, I respect everyone's opinion, but in your case I think you are a bit unnecessarily rude giving your opinion. You may be right, but things can be said in another way, especially if you want them to pay attention to you. That update was only 2 weeks of work, if you think it was a waste of time, that's your opinion, for me it wasn't, for a lot of other people either. And I insist, if you want to find out about the development, take a look at the developer post, because you are saying things that you would not say if you see what I am working on.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
I don’t know what type of experience you have in creating games, I have it too, I respect everyone's opinion, but in your case I think you are a bit unnecessarily rude giving your opinion. You may be right, but things can be said in another way, especially if you want them to pay attention to you. That update was only 2 weeks of work, if you think it was a waste of time, that's your opinion, for me it wasn't, for a lot of other people either. And I insist, if you want to find out about the development, take a look at the developer post, because you are saying things that you would not say if you see what I am working on.
rude would be calling you stupid. blunt is telling you facts without sugar coating. i do not have time to come up with good english for diplomatic.

what developer post are you talking about? if it is not on this site I am not interested in looking at it if it requires a signup.

Aug 6, 2021
There will always be people who give very rude opinions, and people who dislike your game. Don't ignore what they have to say, but don't take them too seriously. The most important thing is that your game keeps getting better, and from what I can tell you are putting in the work. Be careful not to get bogged down by the impassioned few who are so certain in their opinions that they condemn other people for disagreeing with them. You probably already know this but I want to make sure and to encourage you. You have a great idea and I'm looking forward to seeing you carry it through to completion.

Darper

Feb 9, 2021
I don't know if adding that alien races could cause me some copyright problem, I don't have any problem to add them but i'll have to investigate; and 100% The Ark will have original alien races.

My thoughts about the character creation is that allows all type of races including alien. The current system allows to add a new race to the creator without having to reprogram anything, so yes, everyone should personalize their aliens too.

PD: I think that maybe it seems like i'm getting too ambitious, but I programmed all the game with the purpose to expand it with new races.
Dude, i think copyright is least of your worries, considering you already use bunch of stolen assets from StarCitizen.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Dude, i think copyright is least of your worries, considering you already use bunch of stolen assets from StarCitizen.
Some assets are purchased, others made by me, and of course they are not from StarCitizen . If you think that are from there, prove it. But thank you for thinking that they are from that game, it means it look professional

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
This game had win32 x86 last time.
I wasted MEGA transfer quota to download x64...
Strange why x64 build is preferred if x86 build can work in all platforms without problem :unsure:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Thats because 32 bit is dead. Games need memory, 32 bit cant handle more than 4gb ram. Sure, you can play some simple stuff, but the more demanding engines and games need more.
Personally i think the time for common 128 bit systems isnt scify anymore, its the next logical step and it will take less than 10 years to get there.

• Anal and Vaginal sex avaliable
  • Lesbian sex avaliable
  • Gay sex avaliable
You may update the tags here a little, i almost skipped it again for the missing lesbian tag ;)

Last edited:

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
The thing about Animation and 3d environments is that it takes a lot more time than most people realise.
I think you are talking about the customers. But in my opinion, developers also underestimate the amount of work needed to create a good animation.

That's why I advocate to making every animation compatible with every character. So you can have the same amount of work, but multiply' the content instead of just doing a simple sum.

Yeah, you may lose some freedom. But still, you can get amazing results.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes