Unity The Ark: Sci-Fi Adult Game [v0.1.6] [TheAesthetik]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
The thing about Animation and 3d environments is that it takes a lot more time than most people realise. You can invest a whole game's worth of effort and end up with no more than an animation browser - just look at Fallen Doll and it's sequel.

So any sort of timescale until we can visit other worlds and conserve rare species? That's the bit I'm looking forward to.

The_Aesthetik

Developing The Ark: Sci-fi Adult Game
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
The thing about Animation and 3d environments is that it takes a lot more time than most people realise. You can invest a whole game's worth of effort and end up with no more than an animation browser - just look at Fallen Doll and it's sequel.

So any sort of timescale until we can visit other worlds and conserve rare species? That's the bit I'm looking forward to.
It’s hard to say, right now I want to focus on The Ark itself, the interaction with the crew, tasks to do in the ship, etc. As soon as I get a working Ark I can focus on expeditions to other worlds

Reactions: Misty

Rubbeldiekatz

Dec 18, 2019
Wow!
The_Aesthetik you are honestly one of the few devs who really take the time to read all the comments and react to most of them. And you do it in a polite even funny way somtimes. That shows how much you care about your project and the people who play it. If I had a monthly income I would be pleased to give some of it to you. Cause you do this all in your freetime and still have a life to manage. Sadly I m a broke guy who has to get games from "shareware sites". But even that doesnt bother you. You take part in the discussion the socalled pirates have about your game. I don't know the english expression vor "Ich ziehe meinen Hut vor dir". Keep it up and all the best to you and your creation. About that dinosaur game... it only took me about 7000hrs of my life to find out it's an unoptimised unispired pile of junk with one of the most toxic gamingcommunities out there and now they even hired vin diesel for part 2 (XD). It also lacked some dinohumping at the breeding part but i guess that would have keept sales down cause it couldn't be sold to 12 years old kids anymore. It's cool there are still people out there like you who put so much blood sweat and tears into a videogame and even get more stuff done than 100 people devteams with a big producer to back them.

Reactions: The_Aesthetik

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Wow!
The_Aesthetik you are honestly one of the few devs who really take the time to read all the comments and react to most of them. And you do it in a polite even funny way somtimes. That shows how much you care about your project and the people who play it. If I had a monthly income I would be pleased to give some of it to you. Cause you do this all in your freetime and still have a life to manage. Sadly I m a broke guy who has to get games from "shareware sites". But even that doesnt bother you. You take part in the discussion the socalled pirates have about your game. I don't know the english expression vor "Ich ziehe meinen Hut vor dir". Keep it up and all the best to you and your creation. About that dinosaur game... it only took me about 7000hrs of my life to find out it's an unoptimised unispired pile of junk with one of the most toxic gamingcommunities out there and now they even hired vin diesel for part 2 (XD). It also lacked some dinohumping at the breeding part but i guess that would have keept sales down cause it couldn't be sold to 12 years old kids anymore. It's cool there are still people out there like you who put so much blood sweat and tears into a videogame and even get more stuff done than 100 people devteams with a big producer to back them.
Thank you for your words
Well, it feels good to receive all the feedback from this forum, and all the “shareware sites” benefit me and the project.

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
You have a win32 version avaliable, I hope it works well too ;)
I just had the pleasure to check :) It works well, uses about 1,2 GB RAM so it fit within 32 bit usage well.
Character creation looks good, but I wonder what the game it will be.
I noticed the color picker not working for everything except skin and lips (those 2 works).
Besides this I would suggest maybe to change the color picker to something more accurate (can be either 3 sliders: HUE, color saturation and brightness like Honey Select does or plain RGB values are good too).

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Win32 build with Unity? That means you're using a fucking OLD version of Unity? For that simple reason, I'm passing on from this thread.
Your thinking is plain stupid. What some version of compilator has to do with coding and actual game?

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Win32 build with Unity? That means you're using a fucking OLD version of Unity? For that simple reason, I'm passing on from this thread.
Mate, I’m using v2021.3.3. You took for granted something you didn’t know. And why does the unity version matters? I probably could make the same game on an old version

Reactions: Aazkaal and ustar

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I just had the pleasure to check :) It works well, uses about 1,2 GB RAM so it fit within 32 bit usage well.
Character creation looks good, but I wonder what the game it will be.
I noticed the color picker not working for everything except skin and lips (those 2 works).
Besides this I would suggest maybe to change the color picker to something more accurate (can be either 3 sliders: HUE, color saturation and brightness like Honey Select does or plain RGB values are good too).
I’ll check that bug, thank you.
And yes, definitely I don’t like the current state of the color pickers, I’ll rethink it, thank you!

Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Mate, I’m using v2021.3.3. You took for granted something you didn’t know. And why does the unity version matters? I probably could make the same game on an old version
I may add that in the old days people programmed even without any compilator using machine code! It's very efficient perfomance and memory usage wise (old programs could run even on 4,77 MHz CPU!! not GHz no error here!!), but it's so total hardcore, so compilers was invented to make this process more human friendly - and that's all. In the end important is the effect, not language or tool version.
As if hammer 2022 was better than hammer 2000.

Last edited:

DaveAxel14

Jan 1, 2021
okay so i checked out the current """""alpha""""" build (ver 0.2 alpha) and here's some things i think that if added it will help the gameplay quality AND variety very much

-certain common sexual fetishes are missing most notably: creampie
-some common sex positions are missing including: missionary. stand and carry. prone bone. spooning and etc.
-character's run animation looks weird and it requires tuning
-the characters require more interaction options/ better (skin) color pallet/ and better randomized body parts (i don't know how to explain this on lol)
-the main menu requires an functioning options menu for optimization and customization
-the camera itself and camera controls (during sex scenes) could use...um...some minor rework so that the camera would stop clipping and the camera controls are easier to work with and not as confusing
-It's better to put character creator behind new game section of main menu
-the character creator can use clothing options... name creation and custom face design options
-the preset character customization can use more variety including: more hair styles/eyebrow designs/accessories like jewelries and tattoos/customization for ears/ and optionally if we can paly as a certain alien race: alien customization
and...that concludes it

as for my own positive impressions how ever (personal experience):
-HOLY SHIT it runs so smooth! i don't have that powerful of a PC and it is so well optimized that the only time it stutters is where it's loading character models
-for an """""alpha""""" build it has some very well animated interactive sex scenes and it doesn't disappoint
-the character models are not perfect in terms of quality but are flawless in terms of variety
-the character creator on itself is a big ol'fat W... nough said
-the artstyle and the artwork are outstanding and i want to believe it's the best feature of the game (so far)
-cum fluid that can be triggered during handjob animation is probably one of the most realistic ones i have seen so far... jaw dropping

all and all this project has a potential to be the best h-game on this website and the dev team have my full support
i hope this little article is useful for everyone
Godspeed The_Aesthetik

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
okay so i checked out the current """""alpha""""" build (ver 0.2 alpha) and here's some things i think that if added it will help the gameplay quality AND variety very much

-some common sex positions are missing including: missionary. stand and carry. prone bone. spooning and etc.
-the characters require more interaction options/ better (skin) color pallet/ and better randomized body parts (i don't know how to explain this on lol)
-the main menu requires an functioning options menu for optimization and customization
-the camera itself and camera controls (during sex scenes) could use...um...some minor rework so that the camera would stop clipping and the camera controls are easier to work with and not as confusing
-the character creator can use clothing options... name creation and custom face design options
-the preset character customization can use more variety including: more hair styles/eyebrow designs/accessories like jewelries and tattoos/customization for ears/ and optionally if we can paly as a certain alien race: alien customization
and...that concludes it

-HOLY SHIT it runs so smooth! i don't have that powerful of a PC and it is so well optimized that the only time it stutters is where it's loading character models
-for an """""alpha""""" build it has some very well animated interactive sex scenes and it doesn't disappoint
-the character models are not perfect in terms of quality but are flawless in terms of variety
-the artstyle and the artwork are outstanding and i want to believe it's the best feature of the game (so far)
-cum fluid that can be triggered during handjob animation is probably one of the most realistic ones i have seen so far... jaw dropping

all and all this project has a potential to be the best h-game on this website and the dev team have my full support
Godspeed The_Aesthetik
Wow, thank you for your extensive review and your kind words :D.
You have written some interesting things, I will keep them in mind.

Reactions: ustar

ustar

Dec 29, 2017

and...that concludes it

Godspeed The_Aesthetik
I agree with most of said things.
However I want to reply for "It's better to put character creator behind new game section of main menu"
- it's already behind new game, but only if you did not use creator prior to new game (once created it stores used character for future use and it's very nice feature IMHO)
- yeap creampie fetish is very common and after it usually comes pregnancy (impregnation) fetish ;)

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes