Unity The Ark: Sci-Fi Adult Game [v0.1.6] [TheAesthetik]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

DaveAxel14

Jan 1, 2021
hope it runs on low end PCs lol

no but seriously i look forward to this project! Godspeed Aesthetik!

i also wanna know what do you priorities the most during the beginnings of your project?
how many tags are you planning to add?

Reactions: The_Aesthetik

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Are you thinking original creations for the alien races, or fan favourites from various shows (Twi'leks, Togruta, Vulcans, Minbari, Asari)? If you do go for original, then it would be cool if the character creation mechanic could be repurposed to allow fans to make their own aliens (And share)

The_Aesthetik

Developing The Ark: Sci-fi Adult Game
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
hope it runs on low end PCs lol

no but seriously i look forward to this project! Godspeed Aesthetik!

i also wanna know what do you priorities the most during the beginnings of your project?
how many tags are you planning to add?
I can share you my specs to see if you can run it, I have an old PC:
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB
Graphic Card: GTX 1050 2GB
(I have fps drops when the Main Scene loads and when there are more than 3 npcs on screen, but I think that it can be optimised)

My first priority was getting a consistent human model that allows future editing. When I found it, I just focused on programming a Sex Manager(a system that manages to allow the sex no matter the race, context, scenario, etc.). That took me like 3-4 months of work, its a bit complex, because I have to adapt the arms and hands to the body depending on his weight, the penis size and all that. All the game needs a rework but I did the player movement very fast just to make a playable build.

Well, I cannot specify at this moment, but I think to expand the Sex Manager with new sex positions that will add new tags

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Are you thinking original creations for the alien races, or fan favourites from various shows (Twi'leks, Togruta, Vulcans, Minbari, Asari)? If you do go for original, then it would be cool if the character creation mechanic could be repurposed to allow fans to make their own aliens (And share)
I don't know if adding that alien races could cause me some copyright problem, I don't have any problem to add them but i'll have to investigate; and 100% The Ark will have original alien races.

My thoughts about the character creation is that allows all type of races including alien. The current system allows to add a new race to the creator without having to reprogram anything, so yes, everyone should personalize their aliens too.

PD: I think that maybe it seems like i'm getting too ambitious, but I programmed all the game with the purpose to expand it with new races.

Reactions: Harabec

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
0.1a should be early enough to ask about planned future genres. I mostly ask for the female protagonist and the missing lesbian tag...for me its only interesting if i can collect girls and ignore guys ^^

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I ran the game. It was very slow on my new laptop. I closed everything and it got better.
I wasn't sure what to do except to walk around the two levers and have sex with all the other characters.
No doors opened or anything, but good start for a new game.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
0.1a should be early enough to ask about planned future genres. I mostly ask for the female protagonist and the missing lesbian tag...for me its only interesting if i can collect girls and ignore guys ^^
Yeah, totally, I will add some homosexual positions to enable lesbian and gay sex. When the game becomes more advanced, you are going to have sex with all the npcs that you find in your travel, so you can simply choose by your tastes.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I ran the game. It was very slow on my new laptop. I closed everything and it got better.
I wasn't sure what to do except to walk around the two levers and have sex with all the other characters.
No doors opened or anything, but good start for a new game.
Well, at least it got better. Right now you only can have sex, and the ship is a placeholder, so I didn't spent time on it.
Thank you for your feedback :)

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
with some mermaids, goblins, centaurs and giants it would work eventually, shame if it would be just Star Wars races
ship is awfully big and empty, it must be shrinked
The Ark can travel through space-time, so everything is possible.
Currently the ship is a placeholder, I plan to change it soon and make it modular so I can add new rooms when I develop new mechanics.

Aug 6, 2021
Looking forward to how this progresses. Little quality of life feature, I would recommend being able to zoom in and out in the character editor, and letting right mouse button rotate the camera/character up and down as well as side to side.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Looking forward to how this progresses. Little quality of life feature, I would recommend being able to zoom in and out in the character editor, and letting right mouse button rotate the camera/character up and down as well as side to side.
Thank you, I’ll change it in the next release!

Jacenraze

Mar 13, 2021
I actually would like the idea of at least an optional child care/child raising mechanic, I think it's something more of these kinds of games need. Will probably wait an update or 2 to try it though. Looks interesting, keep going.

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes