Unity The Ark: Sci-Fi Adult Game [v0.1.6] [TheAesthetik]

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes

The_Aesthetik

Developing The Ark: Sci-fi Adult Game
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Ok I have tried this game, sad it does not run on my computer because my computer is old but from what I was able to do with it, it seems like a good start.

If you want my advice set up the game to auto configure to match a person's system, also you need a better UI as well as documentation as to what the controls are for this game.

I know this is an alpha release but you are off to a good start with what you have so far, if you want some advice or just want some ideas for this fine game let me know and I'll be glad to talk shop with you.
I hope to fix some of these in the next update, thank you!

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
so, since this is a game about breeding where you collect various species to prevent their extinction i presume this game will contain a lot of pregnancy content? And since this game will have aliens and such do you plan to add diverse type of breeding, like egg layng and such?
Yes, I have the female model prepared to be pregnant, I only have to add it to the game. As for the other types of breeding, we'll see in the future, depends on the growth of the project.

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
may i ask how the animations are made?
Of course, I believe that you refer to sex positions. The animations are procedurally generated, all positions are generated from a pose(made it in blender) and from that pose I adapt the extremities position depending on the weights, glutes sizes, etc.
And after that it only remains movement, that it’s just modifying the Rigidbody and the Transform (components of Unity).
If you need me to specify in something I don’t mind helping you.

yuri5127

Nov 12, 2021
Overall the game as an alpha version is great. well yes there is need a rework on somethings like customization where when ever I scroll the slider it started lagging (which is obviously because it load the model). The customization it self is confusing, as an example, maybe you can put some default skin selection like Pale,white,brown,black so it easy to choose. and then physics, you already know it, the boobs just glitch through the body which probably be fix soon on the next update.

Anyway, I will wait for future update patiently, You did a great job on the alpha, I hope you can create the game with great success.

Reactions: The_Aesthetik

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Overall the game as an alpha version is great. well yes there is need a rework on somethings like customization where when ever I scroll the slider it started lagging (which is obviously because it load the model). The customization it self is confusing, as an example, maybe you can put some default skin selection like Pale,white,brown,black so it easy to choose. and then physics, you already know it, the boobs just glitch through the body which probably be fix soon on the next update.

Anyway, I will wait for future update patiently, You did a great job on the alpha, I hope you can create the game with great success.
Thank you for your feedback :)
I’ll try to fix it soon

Lif3mau5

Dec 13, 2017
Unfortunately, you often get stuck after clicking away the text dialog and I can't longer move my character..

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
I think I muddle up the game "Neon Eden 3026" with yours - sry! Will there be another story mode in your game?
Oh, no problem. The story mode will be what is written in the overview, but if the game grows up maybe I can make other game modes focused on other mechanics

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
Uhm... I didn't try this, yet ─ I just downloaded it ─ and reading all the comments I notice two things... the first, that comes also by simply looking at the engine used to develop this game, is that Unreal Engine has definitely a couple of not so irrelevant flaws which are the fact loading time takes ages unless we have the game installed in an SSD and the fact it does seem to ask more from a computer than Epic does.
My problem with Unity, tho', is that I abandoned it as soon as I felt I was in another Blender-alike enemy of mine ─ I hate that damn program and I happily go on with Cinema 4D, it just makes me sick I have to use Blender when I have no other choice meaning it asked to use it ─ hence I cannot be of any help for Unity games developers and I do desperately look for some valid project to help with my contribution. After 1 year developing Unreal Engine projects I collected quite a massive number of top-notch assets I could easily put on the table of a collaboration.

Looking at the pictures, before I even try it, I see the good things, like the attention to the environment, which is not a secondary element for me, and here comes the second consideration... I've just given Neon Eden 3026 and, I find this could be so ironic if I wasn't that kinda guy who believes things do not happen by case, it's curious how I did read that game has been mentioned in a couple of comments down here!

The fact is... I really do believe we are in front of a possible... how to call it... joint venture perhaps!?? Seriously... we have a game like this, The Ark, with polished or shiny ─ just call it whatever you want, guys ─ environments and I guess well done mechanics since I read no bad comment on that, but with a still not clear story to tell like The Ark indeed, on one side.

On the other side we have a game like Neon Eden ─ the name, I must tell even from a professional point of view considering "naming" products was part of my former jobs, sound quite good and has the advantage of looking more original and copyright-infringement-free than The Ark...not exactly a secondary thing, I'd say ─ where environment are visually too much old style in other words poor together with a faulty mechanics ─ the whole dialogue system crumbled after a few interactions leaving me stuck and with no other options than quitting the whole thing ─ but what it seemed being already a story, a someway intriguing story with a character that inspires curiosity and strangely, let's say "out of nowhere" like an RKO, gives personality vibes even after only a few minutes playing into the story that suggests quite a smart kinda plot I can reassume into the expression "seduce to escape" or "sex the the way out" trouble.

The comparison ─ I kept it simple but I believes it makes a point ─ tells us we have two developers with two different kinda expertise and, I believe, compatible backgrounds who should probably talk to each other and join forces together. I know, by professional experience again, what "putting a team together" means, I know the importance of that and the difficulties in matching the right people for the right project as much as I know how much I enjoy making them work along together with a single vision and goal for a solid and eventually ambitious project ─ if it wasn't for Unity I would have happily given my own contribute of consistency as well, eventually.

In conclusion... we have Ricky "The Storyteller" ─ if you allow me to call him like that ─ Phatt on one side and the one who makes thing look good with even a name to prove it, The_Aesthetik, on the other side. If you don't see a team there, you're like... like out of space ─ in other words... "crazy". Now folks, guys... just prove me wrong, if you can!

PS: Sorry for what some people calls a "text wall" I think but these things were really meant to be said, in my hopefully welcomed opinion.

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
Alright... ready or another wall to climb!? Seriously speaking... I did try the game or I'd rather call the foundation of the game... a character creator with a sex animations system all in an environment that gives an idea of where it wants to go. All that tells me we are at the very 1st stage of development and "I feel" the game in the making and its potential. I did read the description given, about the game, and I did realize there is a story here too, to not underestimate.
Now, considering my previous comment about the idea of putting two different developers with two different games all together I can tell my vibe about that didn't change but rather consolidated someway. I still can see different stories melting together and self-feeding to become a game with even more depth and richer perspectives. Basically I saw in The Ark and in Neon Eden 3026 two incipits for a game that has still to be written but can be quite promising indeed.

Now, speaking of what I saw in The Ark so far... the Character Creator system looks like a solid pillar for the game. It needs improvement but, in general it seems having most of the elements it needs to be far more than "pretty good" in offering a wide variety especially in some parts ─ the face editing surprised me with the number of options and the body parts, despite non being particularly complex, does allow interesting results.
The model itself... not the one I guess will be the final one, of course, but the morphing offers juicy results. I made a character pushing the sliders to the limits, creating a natural looking plumpy character ─ if only had far larger areolas by the way... I would have be happier... but that's just a personal detail at this point ─ with one goal, aside the fact I tend to enjoy characters looking like that, to test the animations at their fullest... in other terms... I wanted to see the physics in action.
The "action", in more technical words let's call it Sex Scenes Animator system, told me a couple of things... the sex animations and the way the whole scene is depicted is one of the best if not the best I've seen so far ─ if we keep Wild Life, but also Carnal Instinct in some measure, out of the possible contest ─ and despite still needing to be polished with improved transitions between animations and more reliable physics during the scenes as much as in the locomotion system, I really believe we are going to see and experience great things, making me wish to have a glimpse of what's gonna be the combat system I imagine the game will have as well.

Last but not least... let's talk about what really impressed me, a lot, in a really good way. Some people ─ including some developers I've seen so far, the most of them unfortunately ─ believes is not so relevant, in a early stage of development but for me is an indicator of quality and of true potential. The graphic interface, the UI Design in general. If a game developer puts attention on that since the very beginning then we have quite higher probabilities that that developer is gonna put any effort to make the game look good and work as it is supposed to work.
The Ark, since the very beginning with the entry screen interface, looked like professionally designed ─ Graphic Designer before than Game Developer, in a "previous professional life" perhaps? ─ and it kept the promise even when inside . I find all that refreshing and gives me high hopes for this project of a game.

In conclusion... we'll will better understand where this game project is going and the way it's shaping as soon as:

• we get overall better models ─ skin materials and facial expressions, alone, could have made a huge difference already ─ in particular if we talk about the male characters we got, so far, in the lil demo ─ we all can see no particular effort was put in them, aside some manhood statement they made, but it's understandable;

• we have smoother and fluent transitions between animations and the body-physics get the necessary improvements ─ in my first test, with "juggs looking" large features at least ─ during the scenes and in the locomotion as well;

• we have a full ship to explore to give us some more hint about the characters and their story and, eventually, even a first planet to explore with a couple of alien creatures to be saved and collected.

Now I won't torture yours souls any further, with further considerations of mine and more details I could have talked about. I save you all, from all that. For now.

Cheers!

Last edited:

The_Aesthetik

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2022
Alright... ready or another wall to climb!? Seriously speaking... I did try the game or I'd rather call the foundation of the game... a character creator with a sex animations system all in an environment that gives an idea of where it wants to go. All that tells me we are at the very 1st stage of development and "I feel" the game in the making and its potential. I did read the description given, about the game, and I did realize there is a story here too, to not underestimate.
Now, considering my previous comment about the idea of putting two different developers with two different games all together I can tell my vibe about that didn't change but rather consolidated someway. I still can see different stories melting together and self-feeding to become a game with even more depth and richer perspectives. Basically I saw in The Ark and in Neon Eden 3026 two incipits for a game that has still to be written but can be quite promising indeed.

Now, speaking of what I saw in The Ark so far... the Character Creator system looks like a solid pillar for the game. It needs improvement but, in general it seems having most of the elements it needs to be far more than "pretty good" in offering a wide variety especially in some parts ─ the face editing surprised me with the number of options and the body parts, despite non being particularly complex, does allow interesting results.
The model itself... not the one I guess will be the final one, of course, but the morphing offers juicy results. I made a character pushing the sliders to the limits, creating a natural looking plumpy character ─ if only had far larger areolas by the way... I would have be happier... but that's just a personal detail at this point ─ with one goal, aside the fact I tend to enjoy characters looking like that, to test the animations at their fullest... in other terms... I wanted to see the physics in action.
The "action", in more technical words let's call it Sex Scenes Animator system, told me a couple of things... the sex animations and the way the whole scene is depicted is one of the best if not the best I've seen so far ─ if we keep Wild Life, but also Carnal Instinct in some measure, out of the possible contest ─ and despite still needing to be polished with improved transitions between animations and more reliable physics during the scenes as much as in the locomotion system, I really believe we are going to see and experience great things, making me wish to have a glimpse of what's gonna be the combat system I imagine the game will have as well.

Last but not least... let's talk about what really impressed me, a lot, in a really good way. Some people ─ including some developers I've seen so far, the most of them unfortunately ─ believes is not so relevant, in a early stage of development but for me is an indicator of quality and of true potential. The graphic interface, the UI Design in general. If a game developer puts attention on that since the very beginning then we have quite higher probabilities that that developer is gonna put any effort to make the game look good and work as it is supposed to work.
The Ark, since the very beginning with the entry screen interface, looked like professionally designed ─ Graphic Designer before than Game Developer, in a "previous professional life" perhaps? ─ and it kept the promise even when inside . I find all that refreshing and gives me high hopes for this project of a game.

In conclusion... we'll will better understand where this game project is going and the way it's shaping as soon as:

• we get overall better models ─ skin materials and facial expressions, alone, could have made a huge difference already ─ in particular if we talk about the male characters we got, so far, in the lil demo ─ we all can see no particular effort was put in them, aside some manhood statement they made, but it's understandable;

• we have smoother and fluent transitions between animations and the body-physics get the necessary improvements ─ in my first test, with "juggs looking" large features at least ─ during the scenes and in the locomotion as well;

• we have a full ship to explore to give us some more hint about the characters and their story and, eventually, even a first planet to explore with a couple of alien creatures to be saved and collected.

Now I won't torture yours souls any further, with further considerations of mine and more details I could have talked about. I save you all, from all that. For now.

Cheers!
Thank you so much :) , you encourage me to continue.
I have in mind all the things you said, my plan is to advance step by step in each update, the next version will be centered on lesbian and gay sex and some new features on Sex Manager.
Since you mentioned combat, I would like to tell you that I'll try to make hitting feel real and painful, I've seen some ways to do it with ragdoll physics, I think you will be surprised when I develop it ;)

3.00 star(s) 7 Votes