VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Artist [Act One v0.1.1] [Grotslot]

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

Vechernyaya

Sep 12, 2018
Sorry dev, but I would have taken those vampire or mermaid girls anytime instead of the boring forced girl.
Or the sister.

I hate this, there are lots of attractive females in the game, but you are force to the boring one.
I can accept that not all the girls are for the MC, but not that all the girls I like aren't while the girl I don't want is forced on me.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
I hate this, there are lots of attractive females in the game, but you are force to the boring one.
I can accept that not all the girls are for the MC, but not that all the girls I like aren't while the girl I don't want is forced on me.
If you're talking about the last scene, it looks like it was made for plot reasons to show the MC's unstable mental state.
I don't like forced scenes either, but it was justified.

Grotslot

Game Developer
Apr 21, 2022
Hey everyone! Thanks for the comments so far, I've enjoyed receiving the feedback both positive and negative. I'll try and address most people's comments here:

Bugs
A few users have experienced some issues with the UI, especially on the settings screens. We are working hard to rectify this and get a fix out as soon as we can.

The Art Style
The art style isn't for everyone, and we knew we'd have a Marmite situation on our hands. We aren't going to change it, as the team really like it and fits our overall vision of what we want to create. I think we've provided more than enough screenshots so people can get a feel for the style before they play - the last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time.

Incest
The lack of incest isn't due to Patreon or anything like that. I'm not against incest as a theme, but this isn't that type of story. Shoehorning it in would not make any sense whatsoever for the story we are wanting to tell. The Artist will not feature incest, it was never planned to be in and never will be - it is possible to have a fully functioning family dynamic that you don't fuck. We may explore this in future titles if it lends itself to the story we want to tell.

'Betrayal'
When talking about betrayal in the overview, this isn't reference to NTR or cheating of any kind which won't feature in this VN. It's a loose term used for ambiguity more than anything as to not give away anything relating to the story. Another user commented about it could be 'mistrust' and that would be a better way of interpreting it.

Solo Route
Yes, The Artist is a solo route VN. If solo routes aren't your thing, or you're not attracted to the solo route girl, then I'm sorry to say this most likely won't fit your bill.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out our VN - If you have any more questions or concerns then leave a comment! :)

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Solo Route
Yes, The Artist is a solo route VN. If solo routes aren't your thing, or you're not attracted to the solo route girl, then I'm sorry to say this most likely won't fit your bill.

Thanks again for taking the time to check out our VN - If you have any more questions or concerns then leave a comment! :)
In that case, I hope in the future, you will introduce some normal girls to the players.
Not mermaids, not vampires, not desperate and easy girls, not imaginary girls, not older women etc., but .... "normal". So far, the only "normal" female characters in the game are the protagonist's sister and mother.

incest lover m/s

Mar 27, 2022
nothing makes sense to me without the incest lol, but be patient you can't win them all, the queue moves on I'm going to the next one

Vechernyaya

Sep 12, 2018
Solo Route
Thanks for the clarity of your explanations, I respect that you have a clear vision of what you want to achieve and won't let the pressure put by the community change that.

Alas, it is not a game for me.
Good luck with your project.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just played this I think it's very good
I will be wishlisting this on steam soon.

I have a couple of theories

1 - Eve isn't real, Just a figment of the mc's mind
I hope thats not true, but we will see.

2 - There is going to be supernatural elements in the story

The story is kinda confusing for me so far it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Angry
Reactions: Jccurtis
4.50 star(s) 11 Votes