MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well.
I'm still here, working hard on the game, but I think I need to clarify a few things about the current state of the game. After the experience with Denos City on Steam, I want to do it again with The Assistant, but I'm having some issues with Steam's rules.
If you don't know, Steam doesn't allow any doubt about the age of the characters, and details like the setting in a high school or school uniforms can lead to a ban. Although all the characters are of legal age, and it is clearly stated at the beginning of the game, I have to remove the high school environment and uniforms.
This forces me to change all the renders and animations of 3 characters: Sarah, Lisa, and Piper. As they are 3 main characters with many scenes, especially Sarah and Lisa, it's quite a hard job. Right now, I have redone everything up to day 8, and my intention is to reach the end of day 9 (end of chapter 1) to have the season 1 of the game ready for release on Steam.
As a result of all the above, the new game update is delayed. My plan is to offer you both the update and the new version of the game with the new characters at the same time. I just ask for a little patience. I have to say that, although I loved the original characters, I think you'll like the new Sarah, Lisa, and Piper. Here are some renders as a sneak peek.
Regards

View attachment 2581358 View attachment 2581359 View attachment 2581360 View attachment 2581362 View attachment 2581363 View attachment 2581364 View attachment 2581366 View attachment 2581367 View attachment 2581369
Well, that is really disappointing. I'm not afraid to admit that the original characters with their 18+ "schoolgirl" look was one of the main draws for me. These renders make them more generic and mature, well over the 18 year old look they had before. There is nothing in these "preview" renders that is exciting or really resembles the original characters enough for me to transfer my "affections" over to them.

Add to it the fact that we have to replay the entire game from the beginning and I am not sure it is worth continuing with the game. Deeply disappointed by this decision, however I wish the developer the best of luck with steam.

JJ mustang

Mar 9, 2019
Well, that is really disappointing. I'm not afraid to admit that the original characters with their 18+ "schoolgirl" look was one of the main draws for me. These renders make them more generic and mature, well over the 18 year old look they had before. There is nothing in these "preview" renders that is exciting or really resembles the original characters enough for me to transfer my "affections" over to them.

Add to it the fact that we have to replay the entire game from the beginning and I am not sure it is worth continuing with the game. Deeply disappointed by this decision, however I wish the developer the best of luck with steam.
My sentiments exactly. The draw of the characters and the effect the M.C. had over them was key. Too bad to see such a negative change. Doubt I will restart for "jst another game". Good luck and thanks for the great game that was.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Just as an Argentine is forced to leave Peronia, he is also going to have to say goodbye to this game as well.

JamesM81

Aug 14, 2022
Well that just went from one of my favourite games to meh
It's truly puzzling. The dev could have just ditched the uniforms and tweak the models a bit to make them look older. I don't get it.

Sadly I really dislike all 3 of the updated models he showed so that's it for me. Iris and Tris, as much as I like them, aren't enough to keep my interest in The Assistant. Still wish the best of luck the Dev. Hope he still makes a killing on Steam and maybe develops another game in the future.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
It's truly puzzling. The dev could have just ditched the uniforms and tweak the models a bit to make them look older. I don't get it.

Sadly I really dislike all 3 of the updated models he showed so that's it for me. Iris and Tris, as much as I like them, aren't enough to keep my interest in The Assistant. Still wish the best of luck the Dev. Hope he still makes a killing on Steam and maybe develops another game in the future.
Adventures with young(and sexy) Piper and the lollipop where one of the drawing parts of the game. To remove that charm(selling point) is moronic I agree. I think he cannot see the forest through the tree's here. He seek's further income by going to steam and requirements set by Steam removes the drawing point of the game. It would have been best to finish the game as envisioned, and afterwords developed it for Steam. Problem is it wouldn't be as successful on Steam as it is stand alone.

4.20 star(s) 73 Votes