roctfore

Jun 16, 2021
Can It be a different color of the eyes for the girls when they are under influence? That is much better to know what status she's in and more sexy.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Played the original v0.4.0c version to the end and was so disappointed that the MC's mom made him wear a rubber (has she not heard of birth control and morning after pills?) before fucking her. I mean hell if you need a rubber to fuck someone then you probably shouldn't be fucking them at all no matter who they are. I was hoping to at least creampie her if not knock her up (and the sis too). I hope that gets changed during the remaster or she ditches that hangup later in the story.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Don't put incest in the information on patreon perhaps. Sad that patreon is being so stupid.
Better still to simply quit using Patreon like alot of dev's have done. Subscribestar couldn't care less about content (not just questionable/legally grey AVN's but everything, hate videos and other fringe content other sites are bitching about are fine as well, and that is as it should be. If you don't like what someone is selling you don't have to buy it).

Last edited:

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
I'm not seeing the glasses icon at all, so no x-ray vision except what the fairy shows. I even deleted the saves and started again. Any ideas, anyone?

EDIT it is the patch. Deleting zz_patch.rpy and zz_patch.rpyc seems to have fixed it .
I was using this: 1936292_The_Awakening_v0.4.1_Part_2.zip

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
why the remake???
i dont why developers keep remaking their game when they can continue it and make another better game
Game developers are artists. If you know artists, you know that they often like to rework a piece (painters in particular). With an electronic canvas that continues to advance quickly, and as they gain skills along the way, they see what they consider "mistakes" or things "not quite right, not quite good enough" or that they didn't know how to do early on, and, if they don't do something about it, they'll obsess and the work they are currently doing will suffer and not be as good so long as they don't address what's nagging them. This early in a game, it's easier to do now than to go back and try to tie together all of the various pieces after completion - and many have done a final polish even then.

This may not be the experience of every dev out there, but for those with a real artist's soul, it's a thing. This has been my experience, at least, with the more "traditional" artists I've known over the last twenty years. I photographed the openings at their galleries, put their art in my home, know them as close friends, and even dated a couple of them - one of them for a very long time. They did reworks often - one of them worked on the same sculpture for nearly a decade before she finally got it where she wanted it and had it cast (a bronze).

It may be frustrating for the user sometimes, but what we get from a dev will ultimately be a more satisfying product if we just step back and let the dev do his thing in his time. Many people can appreciate this, though I'm sure there are nearly as many with the patience of a toddler who will never get it. Try to "get it": you'll be happier and enjoy the ride more.

Last edited:

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
why the remake???
i dont why developers keep remaking their game when they can continue it and make another better game
The simple reason is it looked old. Some of the models were almost 5yo and recycled from other AVN's and not completely new (the sis had the same face as the younger sis in A Family Venture, and that was just off the top of my head). Why settle for medocrity? Those are a dime a dozen and either don't get noticed or people quickly forget about them when they do.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Game developers are artists. If you know artists, you know that they often like to rework a piece (painters in particular).
So much this!

I've worked with many artists during my life as well, and they can be the most adorably-frustrating creatures on the planet (agreed, especially painters). I saw one spend an entire day "fixing" the shadow on a curtain in the background. 10 hours later I didn't see any difference, but they were finally happy. /shrug

why the remake???

It is best to let them fix their work when they feel the need to do so, especially this early in (content wise, not time wise). The happier they are, the better their work ends up being. It might be frustrating for the player, but keep in mind that these are all works-in-progress and not finished pieces. It is kinda' the risk we take for not waiting until they have the 'complete' tag.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Having issues installing the android port.
Downloaded from Mega, it will initiate installation but will end with a "not installed" message.
Tablet running android 10 with 10GB free.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with this thread at all so I don't really know what is going on with this game. Do I play the remake of the prologue and then 0.4.0 or is the whole game being remade?

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I haven't been keeping up with this thread at all so I don't really know what is going on with this game. Do I play the remake of the prologue and then 0.4.0 or is the whole game being remade?
The whole game is not being remade, just the prologue. The prologue is being updated to make it canon again since so much has changed, and will be brought forward to be the beginning of the main game as it was supposed to be. Some parts throughout the game may need updating for the sake of consistency but SLim has said he'll tackle those at the end since so many people have gotten upset about old content being reworked instead of new content being produced.

For the fullest experience that's currently available, you can play the new prologue (0.4.1 part 2, which includes part 1) and then the main game (0.4.0c).

There'll be a small jump from the end of the prologue to the start of the main game if you play right now because there are still a couple of scenes to come that will bridge that gap.
A statement at the closing moments of the most recent update says that the rest of the prologue scenes will be released this month or next month at the latest. Once those scenes are done it is planned for the prologue to be merged into the main game.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
The whole game is not being remade, just the prologue. The prologue is being updated to make it canon again since so much has changed, and will be brought forward to be the beginning of the main game as it was supposed to be. Some parts throughout the game may need updating for the sake of consistency but SLim has said he'll tackle those at the end since so many people have gotten upset about old content being reworked instead of new content being produced.

For the fullest experience that's currently available, you can play the new prologue (0.4.1 part 2, which includes part 1) and then the main game (0.4.0c).

There'll be a small jump from the end of the prologue to the start of the main game if you play right now because there are still a couple of scenes to come that will bridge that gap.
A statement at the closing moments of the most recent update says that the rest of the prologue scenes will be released this month or next month at the latest. Once those scenes are done it is planned for the prologue to be merged into the main game.
This is the most direct and succinct explanation I've found so far, and answers questions I've posed before that weren't fully answered.

Thank you.

Frostvein

May 18, 2022

glad you answered this regarding the prologue, just started the game and was confused that the prologue wasn't finished, and you start off at a different point in the main story. I'll probably just wait till the prologue is done before starting the rest rather get the full experience from the first playthrough.

semashi

Jul 5, 2022

So it's mean after playing v0.4.1 part 2 and v0.4.0c which ending with all girls quest completed, that's all? Because I can't find any clues

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017

Thank you for answering. I guess I will wait for the merge then. I haven't played this for a while now, and there is a lot of stuff I don't remember so I'll just play from the beginning again once the merge is released.

DemonLoverBoy

Nov 15, 2020
It's been a while since I played the original prologue; if I compare the original to the remake prologue, I have to say that the original is better. Original was funny where remake tries to be more serious. Every same scene that existed in the original is longer in the remake, but not in a good way; same sentences repeated up to a dozen times without providing anything new and all the characters sound like creeps.

Reactions: Jaun Karr
3.90 star(s) 117 Votes