Div [Divanation]

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020
Hey all Ive been getting messages and questions about the volume settings. Yes it can be changed all you have to do is click and drag the bar from the right side to the left. You gotta drag it

And there some miss information being told about how you can't transfer saves files. I've mentioned this before but all you have to do is copy and paste two types of save file names (.vndata and header.vndata)

The flowing image shows what you need.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have in the game, I rather answer the same question as many times as it takes then people to spread miss information.

Thanks again for your time and interest!

zenetx

Apr 30, 2019
Please, how do I pass the screen below?

screen.png

No matter what I do the game gets stuck there. Saving and reloading doesn't help.

eagersecret

Feb 1, 2019
is there any routes in this game? Are the choice options significant in any way?
And will there be choice to lock us in certain girl/route?

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
is there any routes in this game? Are the choice options significant in any way?
And will there be choice to lock us in certain girl/route?
Yes, the game has just hit a point of route split. Are there any "significant" options...well no, not really *yet*. Prior to the most recent update, choices were like "do you want Scene A or Scene B?" and all in all, its not bad. Now with the route split, your choices will firmly lock you to a girl and her route (though the others can and will pop in on occasion, they just no longer will be a focus) and from my understanding the choices on the routes WILL have consequences. There will be 2-3 different endings/outcomes on how the route plays out based on your choices. That said, that is in content coming soon. But you're right at the crux of it with the route split being introduced.

Reactions: eagersecret

eagersecret

Feb 1, 2019
Yes, the game has just hit a point of route split. Are there any "significant" options...well no, not really *yet*. Prior to the most recent update, choices were like "do you want Scene A or Scene B?" and all in all, its not bad. Now with the route split, your choices will firmly lock you to a girl and her route (though the others can and will pop in on occasion, they just no longer will be a focus) and from my understanding the choices on the routes WILL have consequences. There will be 2-3 different endings/outcomes on how the route plays out based on your choices. That said, that is in content coming soon. But you're right at the crux of it with the route split being introduced.
Got it, thanks for the reply.

Durrus

Sep 7, 2020
Impressions after playing until end of current version, Chapter 4.

I have mixed feelings about the game in the current state. My hopes were very high after seeing the description and very positive reviews. The biggest disappointment was the linearity. Before somebody tries to shoot this argument down by saying "it's a visual novel duh they are linear", I strongly recommend any femdom afficionado to try Karlssons Gambit, which is a pristine example of a visual novel that doesn't feel like a visual novel at all, because your choices actually matter. In TBS? Nope. After playing 4 chapters you end up at a predestined crossroad that would always be there with absolutely zero regard to your "choices". Well, you could say, choices don't impact the main story, but maybe they impact the kinks you'll get to see? Unfortunately, no. There are instances where the game gives you an illusion of that, but then it instantly becomes obvious the choice didn't matter. Example: at certain point, when tidying up Laurens room, you stumble across her panties, and can choose to take them or ignore them. Classic motif. I thought to myself, the MC is already in deep shit, best avoid getting caught panty sniffing. So I chose to not take them. Guess what, you still end up with the panties and you get punished for it. Your choice is completely meaningless, the story is driven in a way that literally puts MC in the worst possible situation every time. It breaks the immersion, it is boring, it is frustrating. I won't rant more about it, you get the idea.

When it comes to characters, the game deserves a lot more praise. The personalities of main heroines are outlined finely enough for me to be able to tell which character is delivering the line, even if I didn't have their name or portrait displayed. They are unique, but they also aren't overly schematic cliche stereotypes. Regarding writing I do have a rather subjective criticism: at some point it actually becomes annoying that the main character is THIS much of a pathetic, degenerate, irredeemable dumbass. I know the game is mainly about humiliation but even then there should be some levels of it available - this goes back to my criticism regarding how linear the story is. At every point, the outcome is the worst for MC, and you often can't make a choice that would get you out of it. Although as I said that's subjective, some people will certainly like the way MC is.

The last of major things is the graphics and the art. The devs took care of one important thing that often gets overlooked - the backgrounds. They are well done and fitting. The layout and interface are also proper. However, the art. I'm sorry if that's harsh towards the artist, but the art is simply not very good. The characters are inconsistent in their appearance, character animations in dialogues are almost non-existent, and animated scenes are so rare at some point you could almost forget they're even in the game. 95% of the time you will just be staring at a mostly-still character sprite and reading. Although facial expressions deserve a mention, they are doing a decent job giving the characters more personality.

All that said, the game is good, and if you're into the stuff tagged you should certainly try it. I am only ranting this hard because the game has a lot of room for improvement, not because I didn't like it. You created something with a great potential mister developer person, keep it up. (y) I will pay attention to future releases.

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019

I have mixed feelings about the game in the current state. My hopes were very high after seeing the description and very positive reviews. The biggest disappointment was the linearity. Before somebody tries to shoot this argument down by saying "it's a visual novel duh they are linear", I strongly recommend any femdom afficionado to try Karlssons Gambit, which is a pristine example of a visual novel that doesn't feel like a visual novel at all, because your choices actually matter. In TBS? Nope. After playing 4 chapters you end up at a predestined crossroad that would always be there with absolutely zero regard to your "choices". Well, you could say, choices don't impact the main story, but maybe they impact the kinks you'll get to see? Unfortunately, no. There are instances where the game gives you an illusion of that, but then it instantly becomes obvious the choice didn't matter. Example: at certain point, when tidying up Laurens room, you stumble across her panties, and can choose to take them or ignore them. Classic motif. I thought to myself, the MC is already in deep shit, best avoid getting caught panty sniffing. So I chose to not take them. Guess what, you still end up with the panties and you get punished for it. Your choice is completely meaningless, the story is driven in a way that literally puts MC in the worst possible situation every time. It breaks the immersion, it is boring, it is frustrating. I won't rant more about it, you get the idea.

When it comes to characters, the game deserves a lot more praise. The personalities of main heroines are outlined finely enough for me to be able to tell which character is delivering the line, even if I didn't have their name or portrait displayed. They are unique, but they also aren't overly schematic cliche stereotypes. Regarding writing I do have a rather subjective criticism: at some point it actually becomes annoying that the main character is THIS much of a pathetic, degenerate, irredeemable dumbass. I know the game is mainly about humiliation but even then there should be some levels of it available - this goes back to my criticism regarding how linear the story is. At every point, the outcome is the worst for MC, and you often can't make a choice that would get you out of it. Although as I said that's subjective, some people will certainly like the way MC is.

The last of major things is the graphics and the art. The devs took care of one important thing that often gets overlooked - the backgrounds. They are well done and fitting. The layout and interface are also proper. However, the art. I'm sorry if that's harsh towards the artist, but the art is simply not very good. The characters are inconsistent in their appearance, character animations in dialogues are almost non-existent, and animated scenes are so rare at some point you could almost forget they're even in the game. 95% of the time you will just be staring at a mostly-still character sprite and reading. Although facial expressions deserve a mention, they are doing a decent job giving the characters more personality.

All that said, the game is good, and if you're into the stuff tagged you should certainly try it. I am only ranting this hard because the game has a lot of room for improvement, not because I didn't like it. You created something with a great potential mister developer person, keep it up. (y) I will pay attention to future releases.
I'd refer you to my answer above yours in regards to choices and such. The game is linear, its true, but it doesn't really try to hide that. They aren't *pointless* but its just a do you want A or B thing. The MC thing is...yeah, Jason has it really rough. But the weird part is, he *needed* to be bullied this much, since whoever he winds up with is going to remold/change him, and the way the story goes, we're going to assume regardless of what they do, its for his best/to make him better. So...yeah, he's really pathetic, but this isn't really so much a self-insert-game, as you are just following on Jason's misguided adventures.

About the art though, thats kinda not fair. Div is doing everything (minus the voice acting) and if you had seen the art from when the game with just the prologue vs what is now, he's made huge strides of improvement. I honestly find his art to be really great, at least the style I really appreciate. I can understand people saying its not great or the best, but he's honestly been improving a lot. On top of that, he's been really close to keeping a month/every other month update even while doing all the work himself and somehow still manages to improve the art even while speeding up to crank it out.

^If this comes off with me trying to argue with you, its more like I just want to share and for people to realize whats going on. Div only recently got some VAs, but he's been a one man team and every update he's getting better, and its not just the art, his story telling and narrative are getting better.

Div [Divanation]

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020

Thanks for the critic always great to hear feedback!

As far as choices go it really goes down to "what kind of humiliation you rather be into" this isn't a type of game to get out of it. And by the time the route split arrives the things you say will determine your ending.

As far as the art goes I think thats more subjective you either like the style or don't. Yeah, the early chapter art was rough at some parts (I was having a rough time on grabbing a certain style), but as the chapters go on the artwork improves as well so I'm excited to show off all the new cg's.

Unfortunately, there aren't any plans for any animated cg's unless I reach my Patreon goals, I just don't have the skillset for it so I can't produce that myself. You will have to make do with the still cg images.

Thanks again for your input look forward to the future of The Big Score!

Durrus

Sep 7, 2020
About the art though, thats kinda not fair. Div is doing everything (minus the voice acting) and if you had seen the art from when the game with just the prologue vs what is now, he's made huge strides of improvement.
I am judging the art as it is, from players point of view it doesn't matter how many people worked on the game and how much progress they made compared to previous attempts, what matters is the end result.

Thanks for the critic always great to hear feedback!

As far as choices go it really goes down to "what kind of humiliation you rather be into" this isn't a type of game to get out of it. And by the time the route split arrives the things you say will determine your ending.

As far as the art goes I think thats more subjective you either like the style or don't. Yeah, the early chapter art was rough at some parts (I was having a rough time on grabbing a certain style), but as the chapters go on the artwork improves as well so I'm excited to show off all the new cg's.

Unfortunately, there aren't any plans for any animated cg's unless I reach my Patreon goals, I just don't have the skillset for it so I can't produce that myself. You will have to make do with the still cg images.

Thanks again for your input look forward to the future of The Big Score!
That's fair and understandable, as I mentioned some criticisms are certainly subjective, I'm not expecting you to change design directions based on one persons liking. If I may suggest one thing, it would be to include an option to start from a certain chapter. Many games have such feature: you can let the game know it's not your first playthrough and then it lets you choose which chapter are you starting with. That would be very convenient. Also, as somebody mentioned above, currently the menu interface is bugged out so you can't change the sound volume and skipping speed, you might want to look into that. Good luck with future development!

Reactions: betamars

Deleted member 1571565

Aug 7, 2019
I am judging the art as it is, from players point of view it doesn't matter how many people worked on the game and how much progress they made compared to previous attempts, what matters is the end result.
And thats entirely subjective. I like it, I know many others do. You don't, that's also fair, I'm sure there are many other's that don't. As stated, I want to at least let people know how many things Div goes through in all aspects, when you're doing a lot of different things, the fact he still improves his art is something to be praised in my mind.

Reactions: Aseratrix

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
:D

I understand what you mean though. The art has it's charms, but you have to keep in mind you're competing with games featuring photorealistic renders and fully animated scenes.
Mm, I don't know, sometimes those "photorealistic renders" have much less personality. I also don't think its a competition.

Durrus

Sep 7, 2020
Mm, I don't know, sometimes those "photorealistic renders" have much less personality.
That is also up to each person, some will just prefer 2D over 3D. The best proof of that is the fact that 2D sidescrollers are still succesfully made and cashing out even though near-real life graphic levels are available these days (speaking of mainstream gaming).

I also don't think its a competition.
Here I strongly disagree. Unless OP is creating this purely for self-satisfaction and just uploading it here for the lols, it absolutely is a competition against hundreds of devs posting their stuff on this site and trying to gain traction with their projects.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Here I strongly disagree. Unless OP is creating this purely for self-satisfaction and just uploading it here for the lols, it absolutely is a competition against hundreds of devs posting their stuff on this site and trying to gain traction with their projects.

I think that at least the competition is way laxer if there is any, on one hand people whom these games court are already split based on the genres they like, the overlap is not that wide, and on the other hand I think games made from true passion will find their audience, regardless how many others there are, while games made with "competition" in mind, that is games which are made mainly to sell, usually turn out to be horrible as with everything else in art, from music to games.

Div [Divanation]

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2020

That's fair and understandable, as I mentioned some criticisms are certainly subjective, I'm not expecting you to change design directions based on one persons liking. If I may suggest one thing, it would be to include an option to start from a certain chapter. Many games have such feature: you can let the game know it's not your first playthrough and then it lets you choose which chapter are you starting with. That would be very convenient. Also, as somebody mentioned above, currently the menu interface is bugged out so you can't change the sound volume and skipping speed, you might want to look into that. Good luck with future development!
Just wanna clear things up, you can change the volume of the game I've mentioned this before. You have to click and drag the boxes, from the right side to the left. (maybe I'll make a more clearer UI image in the future) As far as the text speed it's defaulted to it's max speed. You can only go lower from there.

:D

I understand what you mean though. The art has it's charms, but you have to keep in mind you're competing with games featuring photorealistic renders and fully animated scenes.
I also strongly disagree on this, I'm not competing against any other developer. There are many other game dev that I admire and love their work but I'm not making this game to "beat their game". But that doesn't mean I'm not taking it seriously, I'm just making a femdom game thats up to my standards and will be proud of.

Durrus

Sep 7, 2020
Just wanna clear things up, you can change the volume of the game I've mentioned this before. You have to click and drag the boxes, from the right side to the left. (maybe I'll make a more clearer UI image in the future) As far as the text speed it's defaulted to it's max speed. You can only go lower from there.
Ah I see, thanks!

I think games made from true passion will find their audience, regardless how many others there are
If the game attracts more people, dev will raise more money, and will be able to afford more resources towards their work. It really is simple as that. Every developer has to tread the line between making their ideal game that they envisioned, and making it a bit more marketable.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
Ah I see, thanks!

If the game attracts more people, dev will raise more money, and will be able to afford more resources towards their work. It really is simple as that. Every developer has to tread the line between making their ideal game that they envisioned, and making it a bit more marketable.
Sometimes ignoring the whats marketable is the true marketing genius.

3.90 star(s) 19 Votes