XX-topic

Jul 12, 2022
also if i am not asking for much..i had found a cheat that gaved me +50 to all stats or it was +100...how i can do this through console...or if it cannot happen through console is it possible at saveditor online that stat should i change...it seems i cannot find those

Durkzinh

Nov 26, 2020
how much story content/renders has been added since v0.51? Im looking at the changelog and the majority of it is "fixes"

XX-topic

Jul 12, 2022
How do i change the "Control" , "Power" and "Mastery" values permanently...i cannot do it with console or with saveeditor online....

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I have to say, this is the only game on this site that I constantly see people asking for help to cheat at.
God only knows why since the storyline doesn't really branch and you only have to choose which quest you want to do first.

because the stat works different like other games
Your only real choices are: making a choice that will drop you out from storyline content involving a female character / not dropping that content.

The rest - which involves the stats - is purely cosmetic variants.

I'll be rude and I will simply say that people simply won't understand that they should stop modding this game and/or editing their saves.

You don't need to mod/edit anything.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMpog and cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
also if i am not asking for much..i had found a cheat that gaved me +50 to all stats or it was +100...how i can do this through console...or if it cannot happen through console is it possible at saveditor online that stat should i change...it seems i cannot find those
you end up breaking your save.

how much story content/renders has been added since v0.51? Im looking at the changelog and the majority of it is "fixes"
main story? not that much but quite a bit on sidestories.

How do i change the "Control" , "Power" and "Mastery" values permanently...i cannot do it with console or with saveeditor online....
see above.

viergas666

Feb 5, 2022
Hi! I need help. After then I took the injured Zoey home, and finished the conversation with her the game "stucked". All quest finished, don't get new quest, cannot go any places exept the hospital, but cannot do anything there. I just hang out at home, and nothing. What's next?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hi! I need help. After then I took the injured Zoey home, and finished the conversation with her the game "stucked". All quest finished, don't get new quest, cannot go any places exept the hospital, but cannot do anything there. I just hang out at home, and nothing. What's next?
end of update.

OBSignature

Sep 19, 2022
Mmm... From a simple businessman –I think that was his profession– to a vampire, to then being a mercenary/vampire by discard... Not bad so far. I like it, I like it, although I would add more ginger females; that is the deliciousness of the world.

• Hey there
Reactions: xapican

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Nice game :love:

Looking at the code, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the starting name of the MC was not hard-coded onto the game & could be easily changed.
I was even more surprised that there was no name change mod yet, so I thought I'd make one.
So attached is a mod to change the birth/human name of the MC (the default name you start the game with).

Installation: Download the 00_ChangeName.rpy file & put it in the /game folder (found in the same location as TheBite.exe).
Open it with any text editor & replace RandomName with the name you want (remember to save the changes).
Eg: if you want John to be the starting name, "RandomName" should be changed to "John"

Compatibility/updates: The mod only initialises the default value of MC_DEFAULT_NAME with a different value.
Hence it'll require no updates, shouldn't cause any compatibility issues with other mods nor cause any errors.
Worst possible scenario, it'l stop working & the default name reverts back.

Needs a new game start for it to work (won't work for existing saves).
The default name is mostly used in the beginning only anyway, so to get the full customisation effect you'd need to play the beginning anyway.

Clarification: The mod is used to change the MC's given name, his human name, his default name at the start that you cannot change despite it not being hard coded & thus easily customisable.
So this mod is if you want to customise that name, the name MC's family, like his sister, know him as, the name other people like his co-workers knew him as while he was human.

Anyway, this seems to be a very nice game.
Best wishes to the dev going forward (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: kingc123

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017

Looking at the code, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the starting name of the MC was not hard-coded onto the game & could be easily changed.
I was even more surprised that there was no name change mod yet, so I thought I'd make one.
So attached is a mod to change the birth name of the MC (the default name you start the game with).

Installation: Download the 00_ChangeName.rpy file & put it in the /game folder (found in the same location as TheBite.exe).
Open it with any text editor & replace RandomName with the name you want (remember to save the changes).
Eg: if you want John to be the starting name, "RandomName" should be changed to "John"

Compatibility/updates: The mod only initialises the default value of MC_DEFAULT_NAME with a different value.
Hence it'll require no updates, shouldn't cause any compatibility issues with other mods nor cause any errors.
Worst possible scenario, it'l stop working & the default name reverts back.

Also it doesn't require a new game, the birth/starting name of the mc in your current saves will also be changed, i.e. the dialogue referring to the MC's pre-vamp name will use the name put in the mod file.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Use at your own risk if you do not understand anything about what was just explained.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, this seems to be a very nice game.
Best wishes to the dev going forward (y)
Well, you should play it a little more, because there is a name change in the game during gameplay. :D
1710413434384.png

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Well, you should play it a little more, because there is a name change in the game during gameplay. :D
View attachment 3441706
Well you should read my post a little more, because I stated the mod is to change your human name, not the name on your forged id after your undeath. :D

So attached is a mod to change the birth name of the MC (the default name you start the game with).

I have played the whole game, read the code & know how that name change works & what variables are involved.
Hence the mod to change the MC's human/birth/default name, precisely because it isn't hardcoded.

Will edit the post to clarify (y)

Reactions: Nulldev
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes