JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Finally had time to catch up...

I keep wondering if we will ever see a jump in time, given the game is set right at the beginning of the century.
I'm wondering about that too. I seem set for something like that to happen. Spend a few parts getting drawn into the world, maybe the MC setting himself up with a faction or starting his own and then time jump twenty years. Or even do a couple of smaller time jumps with the MC making choices along the way.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Your compressed version appears to be missing several images. "mc_in_the_coffee_shop_intro_021" and "after_garage_meeting_016" are the ones I've personally encountered so far. Also, looks like you didn't re-Ren it after compressing.
thanks for reporting, gonna check for those missing images.
btw, there is no need to re-ren anything, as most users prefers unpacked rpa (they can easily check media files that way).

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
The script part (that hides the textbox / quick menu and adds outlines) works with almost all RenPy games.
The button hiding was done by manually editing the game's images and only works for this game.

I will probably make a separate thread for it once I've improved the auto-play button and some other stuff.
I know about the script, its your Clean UI Im interested in, if i can use it in other games if needed.

joy.stick

Jul 16, 2021
Unfortunately not.
RenPy VN devs add buttons in all kinds of different ways.
Making a universal mod for it could be possible, but it would be complicated, and I don't know Python.
Thanks for replying, the script has been a great solution so far and it could have been the same with the Clean UI.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
It's frustrating having mind control powers, and having no option to use them. I'm hoping simply forcing the characters to obey you becomes an option soon, because right now the protagonist is being dragged around like a ragdoll with essentially no will of his own.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
It's frustrating having mind control powers, and having no option to use them. I'm hoping simply forcing the characters to obey you becomes an option soon, because right now the protagonist is being dragged around like a ragdoll with essentially no will of his own.
that surely would improve this game A LOT!
wth no every game has an ultimate mind control powered mc - that way there is no need for any other story (it saves a lot developing time) - mc simply approaches any chick he likes, fuck her as many times as he wanna...anything he doesnt like can be smashed the same way:WeSmart:
an adult-vns unforeseen breakthrough:FacePalm:
#howtoscrewupanygameinoneeasystep_walki

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
that surely would improve this game A LOT!
wth no every game has an ultimate mind control powered mc - that way there is no need for any other story (it saves a lot developing time) - mc simply approaches any chick he likes, fuck her as many times as he wanna...anything he doesnt like can be smashed the same way:WeSmart:
an adult-vns unforeseen breakthrough:FacePalm:
#howtoscrewupanygameinoneeasystep_walki
If you don't want an MC with mind control powers, maybe don't give him mind control powers then? You make it sound like I'm suggesting giving him powers. He already has them. we just have no option to use them. A vampire game is one of the few times it's completely theme fitting for mind control, as well.

Reactions: ManifestDream

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
If you don't want an MC with mind control powers, maybe don't give him mind control powers then? You make it sound like I'm suggesting giving him powers. He already has them. we just have no option to use them. A vampire game is one of the few times it's completely theme fitting for mind control, as well.
it is, up to certain limits...otherwise, as i have said above - what is exactly a point of playing "i control anything and everything" game at first place?...and i suppose there are more than few power-fantasy games around, for those preferring it.

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
it is, up to certain limits...otherwise, as i have said above - what is exactly a point of playing "i control anything and everything" game at first place?...and i suppose there are more than few power-fantasy games around, for those preferring it.
It seems like a bizarre choice to make a non-power fantasy game in which you become an un-aging, super strong, super healing mind controlling vampire. When I think I want a normal romance game, I lean towards college settings, or anything that seems normal really. Who plays this thinking "I hope I'm a normal guy." Genuine question.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It seems like a bizarre choice to make a non-power fantasy game in which you become an un-aging, super strong, super healing mind controlling vampire. When I think I want a normal romance game, I lean towards college settings, or anything that seems normal really. Who plays this thinking "I hope I'm a normal guy." Genuine question.
1st The MC is just a neonate and doesn't know shit about his own powers or how to use them.
2nd He isn't the only one with supernatural powers around, again he's a human until recently.
I doubt he's gonna use his powers to sleep molest his landlady and tenants.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
aand i was late in the reply:HideThePain:

not sure how can i explain it properly, really...
power fantasy - "i want it all, i want it now", im a bad badass vampire, that has to be given!"

more or less i agree with what ragnar has said - this is the start, mc is a youngling, he might become poverhouse at the game end, yet for now he cant control a shit...on top of that there are others of his kind, there are rules and all other limits preventing big bad wild west gunfight fuck fest...hope that was clear enough.. if you are into any particular kink you will try to find/force it anywhere, and be prone to adjust realism/game-"boundaries" to benefit your cause:BootyTime:

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
aand i was late in the reply:HideThePain:

not sure how can i explain it properly, really...
power fantasy - "i want it all, i want it now", im a bad badass vampire, that has to be given!"

more or less i agree with what ragnar has said - this is the start, mc is a youngling, he might become poverhouse at the game end, yet for now he cant control a shit...on top of that there are others of his kind, there are rules and all other limits preventing big bad wild west gunfight fuck fest...hope that was clear enough.. if you are into any particular kink you will try to find/force it anywhere, and be prone to adjust realism/game-"boundaries" to benefit your cause:BootyTime:
Well so you both say, but the fact is he effortlessly controlled who was apparently a powerful vampire. He simply never tried to do it again. An escalation is one thing, and I'd have no issue depending on where it goes, but as far as we can see he simply already has the power and won't use it. It really doesn't seem hard to use his power based on her and the cafe girl. I imagine the landlady is secretly an even more powerful vampire, as to why it wouldn't work on her.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Well so you both say, but the fact is he effortlessly controlled who was apparently a powerful vampire. He simply never tried to do it again. An escalation is one thing, and I'd have no issue depending on where it goes, but as far as we can see he simply already has the power and won't use it. It really doesn't seem hard to use his power based on her and the cafe girl. I imagine the landlady is secretly an even more powerful vampire, as to why it wouldn't work on her.
It isn't just that he is still learning though that is a valid point. He used it in a high tense situation where it was life or death and he didn't even do it right away, he was telling her to stop for a while before the Voice made her stop. He might not know exactly how he did it and he hasn't really had much chance, or need, to practice. He also doesn't know if the chick he used the power on remembers. If she ends up remembering, then that means he has to be careful, or it could get him killed. If she does remember he might be able to play off one time as something else, she was just tired, excreted herself and passed out or something, but if he's done it a bunch and everyone remembers? No, it is smart for him to wait and see how it plays out fully with her than to go around using this new power all willy-nilly. He also hasn't had much need to do it either, who would he use it on and for what? I agree I hope the option to use the power is there in the future but let's wait till more than a single day in game has gone by. I think game-wise only a single day or maybe two happens between him using the power and the end of current content.

Reactions: Abhai

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So for this kinda game the tags seem rather tame.
Plans to expand them in the future?
If so, would be nice to get a list of future tags.

Otherwise, it looks interesting.
But i played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
I won't be easy to impress. :devilish::coffee:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
So for this kinda game the tags seem rather tame.
Plans to expand them in the future?
If so, would be nice to get a list of future tags.

Otherwise, it looks interesting.
But i played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.
I won't be easy to impress. :devilish::coffee:
I played VtMbloodlines, i played rebirth...im impressed with the start of this one:cool::coffee:
Regarding future tags, yup, that is a very useful feature, if the devs have everything figured out already.
Even as only rough guide, it could be more than useful
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I played VtMbloodlines, i played rebirth...im impressed with the start of this one:cool::coffee:
Regarding future tags, yup, that is a very useful feature, if the devs have everything figured out already.
Even as only rough guide, it could be more than useful
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sounds like i can expect a good story but meh sex, for now.
That's fine i suppose, i always give priority to the story anyway. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: operamini and Abhai
4.50 star(s) 69 Votes