Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
With the talk about how legendary vampires could procreate the way humans do - and the fact that MC has already creamed the doctor makes me think there will be pregnancy in this game eventually.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
With the talk about how legendary vampires could procreate the way humans do - and the fact that MC has already creamed the doctor makes me think there will be pregnancy in this game eventually.
that's up to dev.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
So .. Does this update extend any further than returning from investigation and checking mail?....
.. so little new content

(Yes I am aware that it clearly said "end of content" and i do know how to read. But it returned to the apartment room after the credits instead of back to the main menu which typically implies roaming more than just the apartment. And the map in the bedroom only lets one "visit" the apartment)

Last edited:

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
Really interesting and well made game, but uhm.. feels kinda short. Especially if version 1.0 will be considered finished, to have almost half of the game and length being only that much. Can't say I'm not a little dissapointed.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really interesting and well made game, but uhm.. feels kinda short. Especially if version 1.0 will be considered finished, to have almost half of the game and length being only that much. Can't say I'm not a little dissapointed.
1.0 isn't final version necessarily and lots can happen between now and 1.0.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
There is very little consistency in the version numbers between games. Different games use different numbering schemes. Some uses small increments for even large updates, going from .41 to a .42 for example but having more content than some other games that go from .4 to .5 and such.

And .5 might be the halfway point but it may also not be. I have seen some games jump from a .5 or .6 to 1.0 and being done. Some games go beyond version 1 as well, to a 1.1 or even a 2.0 version.

Reactions: sava75

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Well, that's not necessarily true though.
There are some devs who use version numbers as percentages as you said (i.e. v0.1 = 10%, v0.5 = 50%, v1.0 = 100%) but there are also several devs who use version numbers as simply...... just numbers (for e.g. if the entire game takes place over 30 days, then first day = v0.1, fifteenth day = v1.5, final day = v3.0).

Also, at times there are games which are completed before v1.0 (i.e. I've seen several games that end at either v0.37 or another number), or a game could go from v0.45 on one update and immediately jump to v0.89 in the next update.

So any of the above can apply to this game.
In the end, version number is just a numbering system, and it would be better for you to not necessarily consider it as a percentage of a whole (cause sometimes that is correct, yet other times it isn't).

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
hopefully this game has some content in the works, it felt so awesome to play i really am a fan of the story
true that, when I started and I saw you can raise so many different stats and also the whole vampire skills tree, I was so hyped up, and then before all of this came to any use, content just ended. Like really, your stats seem to not infuence even a single thing.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good thinking, though I see a couple of issues with it, with the way the world is set up. But in any case, I don't blame MC for not thinking of getting some brownie points while being interrogated by the sword lady.

Emilia was out of town for a bit.

Good update, but way too short and audio volume still is highly inconsistent (some tracks are 3-4 times louder than others).
Some audio tracks also have popping artifacts.

I've saved my modified audio files for the next release, so I don't need to normalize 2 folders with 3 different audio file formats again (I can only do 1 format and 1 folder per Audacity macro and popping-removal has to be done by manually).
I have tinnitus which sometimes acts up and sometimes doesn't bother me, and I blame it for everything that is wrong with the sound. That being said, game sound is not supposed to be the same volume and a lot of times there are long wind ups and wind downs as tracks switch (though 3 or 4 times louder is definitely not intended, or the popping).
Would you mind sharing your work? I'd like to go over it and see what changes you made to it, but if it's something you'd rather keep private I understand completely.

madmate.games
some bug during both freeroams in flat: cant do jackshit every time i move over a door or sth it shows "Blinds" and appearantly also links to the label mc_apartment_entrance_windows as the text for blinds appears. i tried it both with compressed and uncompressed and a fresh start. old saves which have the same issue should however be from v0.32. got this bug only in 32bit application not in the 64 one.
I have no idea what could be causing that. Sadly I have zero clue about frameworks and can't provide any assistance with that issue. Thank you for your report!

Needs a textbox opacity slider, many of the scenes are so bright portions of the text is hard to read, loving it so far! View attachment 1696205
There should be a text outlier around your text by default (see the reply with screenshots a few posts below your own). What version of the game are you using?

tags are added when needed.

doubt there'll much more tags added.
I played VtMbloodlines, i played rebirth...im impressed with the start of this one:cool::coffee:
Regarding future tags, yup, that is a very useful feature, if the devs have everything figured out already.
Even as only rough guide, it could be more than useful
There will be more tags added, some of which are somewhat controversial and I'm already bracing myself for the backlash. However, like I stated many times and posted in the OP, any sexual encounters are and will remain voluntary, so if you don't like a kink choose the other dialogue option.
No future tags as some would spoil some stuff. As posted in the OP, there won't be any NTR, but I guess I should add to the OP that there won't be any rape tag or any other illegal tag. I already got banned once from Patreon and I'm not interested in risking getting permabanned there.

The game will most definitely have more than 10 updates. For numbering I'll just go v0.10 > v0.11 etc. after I hit v 0.9.
hopefully this game has some content in the works, it felt so awesome to play i really am a fan of the story
Me too, it's my favorite game!

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
true that, when I started and I saw you can raise so many different stats and also the whole vampire skills tree, I was so hyped up, and then before all of this came to any use, content just ended. Like really, your stats seem to not infuence even a single thing.
They have some influence. Some stats have more than others. Traits have no influence at all at the moment as MC doesn't even know what his deal is.

I'd like to give more options and more choices to the players, but you have to understand that as a developer I have limited resources so I need to pick and chose my fights. There are plenty of priorities to chose from, and they are all important, whether we are talking about the update speed, world building, rendering details, quality of animations, amount of content, amount of choices and/or availability of meaningful choices, availability of what players usually call meaningful choices which often means complete new branches of story that literally double the amount of work needed for updates and other priorities. Some things have to suffer for it all to work out, and while I get that it is quite frustrating for players it's just the name of the game. To put a bit of a folk wisdom spin on it - Y'a can't have your cake and eat it too.

I remember a person telling me that I should post my stuff on itch.io like 6 months ago. I just remembered I left replying to them for another time and completely forgot about it. Anyway, I want to inform that person in case they are still following this thread that 1) I am thankful for their support, I didn't miss it and 2) I actually tried to do what they asked but there was an upload limit on itch.io and some steps had to be made that I wasn't able and that's why the game is not uploaded there yet.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
I'd like to give more options and more choices to the players, but you have to understand that as a developer I have limited resources so I need to pick and chose my fights. There are plenty of priorities to chose from, and they are all important, whether we are talking about the update speed, world building, rendering details, quality of animations, amount of content, amount of choices and/or availability of meaningful choices, availability of what players usually call meaningful choices which often means complete new branches of story that literally double the amount of work needed for updates and other priorities. Some things have to suffer for it all to work out, and while I get that it is quite frustrating for players it's just the name of the game. To put a bit of a folk wisdom spin on it - Y'a can't have your cake and eat it too.
Yeah, I get that being a dev, especially when you're creating game alone, is a big pile of work. While I am a bit dissapointed with current state of plot, the game itself gave me pretty good feelings and I'll definitelly continue to play after future updates. I wish for updates to be here sooner, but let's be realistic, getting quality content takes time, so... just keep up the good work ;)

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Just to support this game a bit, I created a fan signature GIF for "The BITE" today I'd like to share with all of you:

TheBITE_GIF-Signature​
300x124px - 0,85 MB

TheBITE-GIF-Signature_Gorse.gif

Feel free to share if you like this one and/or this game!
Thumbs up to madmate.games for the great work so far and thanks to all who support the development (y)

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes