Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
You do know there is a roll-back function?
My character "died" at that point too - I scrolled back a few screens and made the other choice..simples!
This is not a "hard-core" permadeath RPG, where you have to start all over with each bad choice - just saying.
Nah for him its a hardcore RPG as you can see. :KEK:

I got everything done except get my papers from the bar guy... says I can't go there without Zoey but when I knock on her door she isn't home... I did all the other missions though....?
I'd suppose thats the end of the update because no one can get further than that. ;)

From the changelog:
" In this release 2 quests are resolved - The Key Ingredient and True Rulers (and you finally get paid for the old one). To access the quests you can leave the MC's apartment and visit either Zoey or Shevaun. "

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
You do know there is a roll-back function?
My character "died" at that point too - I scrolled back a few screens and made the other choice..simples!
This is not a "hard-core" permadeath RPG, where you have to start all over with each bad choice - just saying.
Of course, I do, I was just making a point about the unfortunate game design decision.

Rolling back is like cheating, I like to stand by my decisions in games so if this was a game over for me, it's game over, period.
Fortunately, someone might learn something from this... or not. :)

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
"game" folder.
I am going to assume that if i was using your mod for the prev version i should just wait for it to be updated instead of using this new walkthrough.
Or should i use the one provided by the dev.
Whats the difference between the 2 ?

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
I am going to assume that if i was using your mod for the prev version i should just wait for it to be updated instead of using this new walkthrough.
Or should i use the one provided by the dev.
Whats the difference between the 2 ?
It's up to you, you can use the dev's walkthrough, you should be able to progress the game just fine. My mod has a few extra features I've pointed out in the thread.

Reactions: ARB582

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Of course, I do, I was just making a point about the unfortunate game design decision.

Rolling back is like cheating, I like to stand by my decisions in games so if this was a game over for me, it's game over, period.
If you wanna play iron-man, you might wanna pay attention to the text and not pick the suicidal choice.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
I kinda wanna know if Emilia will be a Li,someone we can join,cause it seems like it so far,or will she always be an enemy and even if we try and join her,she'll just fuck us over.
Anyway I'd drop zoey for her any day,I want vampire goth gf

Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020

Be glad he had the balls to go that route,

YOU made the wrong choice and you died, stop whining about it.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
I know. We talked about our tinnitus issues a few months back.

I could share my "work", but it's just a combination of filters that makes everything the same volume - even things like the club music that should be louder.
It's also not ideal because it recompresses already compressed audio...
Stuff like this you should ideally do yourself on the uncompressed source files.
Like I said then, Audacity does visually show you the volume of tracks so you can adjust them to your liking.

In terms of popping I think some of the motorcycle OGG files were affected (and possibly 1 other file - I forgot).
If you share the uncompressed motorcycle files I'd be willing to remove the popping, and make them loop seamlessly, for free.
Tbh I'm not sure that's not original sound. Most of sound fx I'm getting from freesound repository and they are already .ogg or whatever extension. I only bother converting if ren'py refuses to play the sound for whatever reason. Thanks for the Audacity tip!
madmate.games
Looks like some files were converted to webp to shrink it down, but are still referenced in the game as jpgs
Code:
image 0101001 = Movie(channel="movie", play="animations/0101001.webm", loop=0, image="images/story/mc_intro/0101endframe.jpg")
Also a bunch on PNGs: While loading <'Image' u'images/story/mc_intro/mc_intro_025144.png
and many more
Fixed in v0.52. Thanks for the report!
madmate.games
Very obvious bug, so it's probably been reported already, but there is some sequence breaks and errors in the freeroam.

If you go to Zoey's room first, you can pick Moghilla or Shauvin. If you pick Shauvin and finish her interaction, you gotta talk to Zoey again to advance, but it plays the entire conversation again + getting the payment again.

If you go to Shauvin first before talking to Zoey, there is some convo about MC getting payed (but he didn't actually receive the money from Zoey yet).
Fixed retroactively in v0.52. Thanks for the report!
The coding in this game is way beyond anything I can make sense of lol.
Same here, my dude. It's mostly figuring out what I want and then trying to brute force it in with whichever meager skills I have :(
The game was fairly tolerable despite the awkward sandbox implementation but... then, in the last update, my MC died.
Game Over.
ggez no re
is there anything im supposed to do after the moghilla estate?
Im just stuck in my apartment with nothing to do but i never received a "this update is over/finished"
Please tell me you meant "Not yet implemented."
I got everything done except get my papers from the bar guy... says I can't go there without Zoey but when I knock on her door she isn't home... I did all the other missions though....?
You should've seen a message about the end of content as you finish the two implemented quests. I thought that I already put the message in but apparently it was all in my head. Fixed in v0.52.

Sivershock

Jan 29, 2020
Surprisingly enough it's actually a game and it's good. It has 10+ MC attributes and also traits system, (yet to be implemented) and I think it might be overkill, maybe?

Mar 18, 2019
The game was fairly tolerable despite the awkward sandbox implementation but... then, in the last update, my MC died.
Game Over.

Well, it's a way to end the game so no complaints.
It was fairly short though.

Good luck with your next game, maybe just a simple choice-driven AVN without sandbox and ridiculous game overs?
Yeah, such a "ridiculous" game over. If only the situation would have insinuated some sort of danger to our protagonist. Lacking that, if only dialogue would have SOMEHOW warned us about a death flag. I mean just IMAGINE dying for picking an option that was told will kill you LITERALLY THE SENTENCE BEFORE YOU CHOSE IT. Who could have ever seen such a small and well-hidden hint? :shockedpikachuface:

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
As much as I love a good lore...Is it just me or was the content so dry lately when it comes to sex scenes? Not even nudity, really is this a Disney show now?
(I was especially disappointed when I lured the redhead to the backalley by picking a dark option only to get disappointed by a boring biting scene, that could've been a little bit hotter seeing how big the risk the player takes to get her there)

Plot wise it's doing great I like the on going political warfare and the vampire leaders project a strong and intimidating aura which keeps the MC on his toes while dealing with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkmetal

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is conditioned, should take the hint to starve to hone his skills. MC is under more and more supervision,
more and more eyes are watching his antics, playing human horn dog would be such a satisfactory way to
proove all his detractors wrong, alas he goes into feeding frenzy in the places where he himself was gutted,
by a human no less. MC was supposed to get into mind tricks so as to not arouse suspicion,
acting like his murderer does not seem as the logical step for MC at all.

Reactions: Drafox

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
MC is conditioned, should take the hint to starve to hone his skills. MC is under more and more supervision,
more and more eyes are watching his antics, playing human horn dog would be such a satisfactory way to
proove all his detractors wrong, alas he goes into feeding frenzy in the places where he himself was gutted,
by a human no less. MC was supposed to get into mind tricks so as to not arouse suspicion,
acting like his murderer does not seem as the logical step for MC at all.
Not only that, he gets heavily teased by his savior who refuses to tell him anything worthwhile..Gets dumped by the hot blonde whose name is harder to remember than that of a Polish soccer player and lastly he almost gets choked to death by the daddy girl and if he tries anything the poor bastard gets sent to the game over death screen.

Right now, the mind control ability is the onluy thing that makes the MC interesting as a blood sucker, other than that he's not on the dominating side at all no matter how hard he tries..A total wanker is his current status if I'm being frank.

zh

Oct 17, 2017
The walkthrough gives you the points, but it doesn't give you the [checks].
Is there a way to see all the [checks]? So that we know what stats we should target to see scenes/dialogues?
Because I don't like missing scenes or dialogues...

Reactions: ARB582

NaruNaru1

May 20, 2019
Thank you for the game, love vampire themes. One thing I dont like - red blood font, it is uncomfortable to read, maybe add as option in preferences? And did not find gallery, will it be implemented?
Hope to see MC interactions with his old coworkers and strange vampire lady.
Hope you luck :)

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes