MaximMuster

Jul 23, 2018

Freigeschaltet

Here's the release, and do tell if you get any errors, you can contact me here or on discord.

Some choices don't have effects at the moment, that will be changed when I do the rework of the whole system for v0.4.
That's it. As always any feedback is welcome. Enjoy!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
this wasn't sandbox in the beginning was it or did I miss the tag?
The Dev said they planned on adding a sandbox awhile back, just the first updates didn't have it. Haven't checked the new update just yet, so guessing from your comment and the one above mine, they finally added it.

Really hoping it won't be grindy. Really like this game, but not a fan of sandboxes. So hopefully it isn't too bad.

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
The Dev said they planned on adding a sandbox awhile back, just the first updates didn't have it. Haven't checked the new update just yet, so guessing from your comment and the one above mine, they finally added it.

Really hoping it won't be grindy. Really like this game, but not a fan of sandboxes. So hopefully it isn't too bad.
Let's hope not or this will be another game to delete.

Reactions: WastedTalent

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It helps that the Doc is cool as fuck too.
It also helps that she's got nice legs.

The changelog mentions that some choices don't have effects in this update, but there seem to be some rather big choices with consequences (keeping in mind that this update isn't the longest) especially concerning the Doc. E.g. having sex with her or not and telling Zoey about it or not.
I didn't really notice any other choices that should've had effects. Is this about hidden effects like stat changes?

I'm glad I waited for more content before playing because with the newly added sandbox the game just goes to the trash pile.
I think I'm going to have nightmares, because the game made me click on a fridge.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
is the game is only in POV or do we see the MC body and face from a 3rd person view ?
in the sample pics they all seem to be POV from the MC

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Wow, drama queens much? You have to click on 2 doors at the end, and suddenly is has become a hated sandbox. complete with threats of deletion. Get over yourselves.
Did you expect anything else? The sandbox tag is to broad and a lot of people remember the dreadful grinds in some games so they are affraid of that tag in general instead of trying it first.

is the game is only in POV or do we see the MC body and face from a 3rd person view ?
in the sample pics they all seem to be POV from the MC
You see him too in some scenes.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Does the changlog for 0.3 mean that saves will break next update? I guess it's better to just wait then.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Did you expect anything else? The sandbox tag is to broad and a lot of people remember the dreadful grinds in some games so they are affraid of that tag in general instead of trying it first.
Thats called "tangled up" or "big brother" trauma...

And to be honest, after that two games, i tend to avoid any kind of sandbox like satan the holy water.

But lets look how it wil work out in the future.

Reactions: Kond and ben_sylar

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Does the changlog for 0.3 mean that saves will break next update? I guess it's better to just wait then.
Mine didn't work this update already, but that might be because i used the mod last time. :sneaky:

Thats called "tangled up" or "big brother" trauma...

And to be honest, after that two games, i tend to avoid any kind of sandbox like satan the holy water.

But lets look how it wil work out in the future.
Fuck did you have to remind me of these god damn games? :HideThePain:
For now the sandbox is literally just clicking on a door and a fridge so its fine as long as you don't have click every little shit.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Mortarion

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
The sandbox isn't bad at all. It's just free roam. Nothing wrong with that.

Be happy it wasn't a morning, afternoon, evening, night cycle (and a weekly schedule) with repeating events to grind to up your stats/points and chores to manage (money, inventory, and such).

I can get behind a simple free roam. That doesn't bother me. As for the update overall, loved it. I'll get Zoey to warm up to me soon lol. The Doc stuff was fun too. Thanks for the update, and keep up the great work! ;)

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Be happy it wasn't a morning, afternoon, evening, night cycle (and a weekly schedule) with repeating events to grind to up your stats/points and chores to manage (money, inventory, and such).
The bad shaddows of the past stats to haunting me again

screams in big brother

• Haha
Reactions: SpyderArachnid

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Wow, drama queens much? You have to click on 2 doors at the end, and suddenly is has become a hated sandbox. complete with threats of deletion. Get over yourselves.
Indeed. Some people here really love to act like spoiled brats (perhaps they actually are :oops: ).

Anyway, back to download. Will try to play it later today or this week.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
So what exactly is the purpose of the free roam in this game? 90% of the time with all these sandboxes they were useless and grindy. if you can progress through the story while avoiding unlikeable characters i can see that free roaming would be useful. or mini side events for specific characters. other than that i really dont see the purpose.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes