Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Greetings folk of this forum.
I am something of a vampirephile and VtM subject matter expert.
I want to say it is good to have more stories out.

What I say next are opinions and in no way to be interpreted as attempts to tell a developer how to write their story!

I like the models for this story. They are not all original, but virtually none are these days. I particularly like the blonde in the bar, the stranger at the dance club, Zoey, and Julie. Story wise, and I mean not disrespect, I am hoping that the developer will take a more original path forward, but time will tell.

What do I mean?

The story seems cloned somewhat from other works, and while they say that duplicating work is the most sincere form of flattery, it can be problematic as well. I have high hopes that the author will find their own way forward, and make the story as uniquely their own as possible. This can be challenging given that all WoD based vampires and story types will share some baseline traits, but really what I mean is come up with some uniquely framed and formed characters for this story without simply changing genders on some pre existing characters that already exist in this genre of story, both here and on Steam.

That said, I did enjoy the blonde MILF from the bar, and her surprise. I did enjoy the club scene. The actual violence was quite well done. The Vampfu Mommy seems to be strikingly familiar in some ways to other previously produced work, but on the other hand, the dialogue there was quite good.

The Moot or Meet.
There was a distinct similarity to other works. The scene from VtMB1 comes to mind, with gender changes.
There was an enjoyable difference which was an anarchy to it, that a Prince would not allow, and the Arbiter possibly should not have allowed if she is the apex vampire of the city political scene. For instance she could have, after the first time the two clans ignored her, demand that they nominate a lamb, from their ranks. Then she could have made an example of them. Not necessarily fatal, but one that sends the message that they get their shit together or else. Her castle is supposed to be built on fear of her personally I guess, and so since that seems to not be in effect, she could have clearly placed all in context and have demonstrated it. That stark moment would have let the gravity of the MC's totally fucked situation, abundantly clear, and made the Zoey rescue even more meaningful.

I do like the choice mechanic, but again, time will tell if this really means much in the long run.

I have high hopes for this work, and while I rated it 3* I will be more than willing to revisit it later, if we see some more good stuff from the developer.
Peace

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

What I say next are opinions and in no way to be interpreted as attempts to tell a developer how to write their story!

I like the models for this story. They are not all original, but virtually none are these days. I particularly like the blonde in the bar, the stranger at the dance club, Zoey, and Julie. Story wise, and I mean not disrespect, I am hoping that the developer will take a more original path forward, but time will tell.

What do I mean?

The story seems cloned somewhat from other works, and while they say that duplicating work is the most sincere form of flattery, it can be problematic as well. I have high hopes that the author will find their own way forward, and make the story as uniquely their own as possible. This can be challenging given that all WoD based vampires and story types will share some baseline traits, but really what I mean is come up with some uniquely framed and formed characters for this story without simply changing genders on some pre existing characters that already exist in this genre of story, both here and on Steam.

That said, I did enjoy the blonde MILF from the bar, and her surprise. I did enjoy the club scene. The actual violence was quite well done. The Vampfu Mommy seems to be strikingly familiar in some ways to other previously produced work, but on the other hand, the dialogue there was quite good.

The Moot or Meet.
There was a distinct similarity to other works. The scene from VtMB1 comes to mind, with gender changes.
There was an enjoyable difference which was an anarchy to it, that a Prince would not allow, and the Arbiter possibly should not have allowed if she is the apex vampire of the city political scene. For instance she could have, after the first time the two clans ignored her, demand that they nominate a lamb, from their ranks. Then she could have made an example of them. Not necessarily fatal, but one that sends the message that they get their shit together or else. Her castle is supposed to be built on fear of her personally I guess, and so since that seems to not be in effect, she could have clearly placed all in context and have demonstrated it. That stark moment would have let the gravity of the MC's totally fucked situation, abundantly clear, and made the Zoey rescue even more meaningful.

I do like the choice mechanic, but again, time will tell if this really means much in the long run.

I have high hopes for this work, and while I rated it 3* I will be more than willing to revisit it later, if we see some more good stuff from the developer.
Peace
I think you're being a bit unfair talking about clones. Vampire stories have some common tropes like the neonate starting an adventure. That's to be expected but I'm sure the game will have its own stories down the line.
I think this game has a great foundation for a good story already.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think you're being a bit unfair talking about clones. Vampire stories have some common tropes like the neonate starting an adventure. That's to be expected but I'm sure the game will have its own stories down the line.
I think this game has a great foundation for a good story already.
Ragnar I am actually talking about an exactly cloned scene from VtMB1 where the orphaned vampire is faced with a death sentence as a spectacle in front of the assembled elders of the city. The difference is that in Bloodlines, the sire is executed, and here, the sire is a powerful elder type... similar to a voluptuous Red Head from another game on here.....

Neonate start is no issue. The oh so familiar feel and seemingly minor changes from absolute canon start of Bloodline 1 is the issue. Granted we did get the violent death from another source and the embrace as a "favor" rather than a whim, (or manipulated action) but functionally we have a lot of flat out sameness here.
Peace

Reactions: FunFuntomes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Ragnar I am actually talking about an exactly cloned scene from VtMB1 where the orphaned vampire is faced with a death sentence as a spectacle in front of the assembled elders of the city. The difference is that in Bloodlines, the sire is executed, and here, the sire is a powerful elder type... similar to a voluptuous Red Head from another game on here.....

Neonate start is no issue. The oh so familiar feel and seemingly minor changes from absolute canon start of Bloodline 1 is the issue. Granted we did get the violent death from another source and the embrace as a "favor" rather than a whim, (or manipulated action) but functionally we have a lot of flat out sameness here.
Peace
I know about the decapitation scene but being VTM part of the inspiration material we can expect some easter eggs.
The situation isn't the same to call it a clone.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Cool cool. The way you worded it, it seems like it's strictly a bad stat? I mean obviously, it's "bad," but would intentionally decreasing your humanity be a viable way of playing the game for people who like the more hardcore and fucked up stuff? Letting the MC be more dominant, more selfish, more predator...ish... you get the picture. Basically, are there "evil" options that open up with less humanity that doesn't result in strictly worse outcomes for the MC?
Both forced worse outcomes and unique options exclusive to characters with low humanity. It's like a tradeoff (for those enjoying being the bad boy).
EDIT: Actually, who am I to judge, you might even like the forced outcomes!
I am absolutely in love with this game so far and I love that the MC has a conscience and

. He's not just automatically okay with feeding on people I love that you showed that it bothers him

I hope that I will be able to choose who I feed on and who I do not and I hope I won't be forced to rape anyone

you know what I mean hypnotizing a girl to sleep with me against her will

and I hope you don't mind me asking but can I play him like a hero you know a good guy

and do I have the freedom to choose who I sleep with and who I do not
There will be some fetishes that some will find not to their taste (all optional!), and sometimes MC can choose to be more forceful when pursuing romantic interests, but no, MC raping anyone is not planned.
Also dev, I believe there were some lines about the MC breathing the fresh air or something like that, when leaving the warehouse for the trial. I believe vamps ain't supposed to breath unless you changed that for this setting.
In this universe vampires still breath air. More details about vampire physiology will be available in version 0.3.
I really like this game so far. Vampire the masquerade bloodlines is one of my favorite games of all time and love how that universe approaches vampire lore and mythology.

I like that the MC is still trying to deal with being a vampire and hasn't really accepted it yet. Zoey seems really cool and kind of reminds of a mix of Nines and smiling Jack from VTM bloodlines.

The main question I have is will Runah be a romance option every scene she appears I'm going to be like:
View attachment 1242701
Hmmmm, that's a good question. :unsure:
Hey dev loved the first release great work man.
I would like to address the saving slot issue it would be great to add more pages for the saves like any other renpy games and also the buttons to navigate the pages forward and backward.
Thanks for pointing it out, will fix it today and you can expect the fix to go live in 0.2 since it's not hotfix worthy.
Everybody who gets turned struggles with being a Vampire. Some people may not show it
But they all struggle

I get where you are coming from with the Humanity and the decision making should affect people
But that's the choice of the writer how he writes his stories

about the game itself
I honestly can't say much of the VN Only that it has good Renders, Animation, English spelling
The points system in the VN has to many choices. Some seem basically useless.
But the humanity part is a nice add-on so is the intimidation skill point

But like i said, This game when i started it, It felt like i was playing another game that was taking place in New-York.

Do i like it yes but the game for me has to little content to give a good in depth review
As far as point system goes, I hope the mechanic will work out. But the good news is that even if it doesn't it's been designed in such a way that it can easily simplified, or expanded or changed altogether.

Yes, the warehouse arbitration scene is directly inspired by the opening scene of VtMB.
Nice amount of content for a first release.
Lots on nice looking girls with whom I hope we can build some relationship with.
I wonder whether it will go down the harem route or we will have to make choices who to side and end up with.
Also I wonder whether that teasing from the Blonde beauty at the bar about MC's sister was a sign of things to come in the future.

Looking forward to further updates.
You can have multiple partners at the same time. You will have to settle for one ending (of the main story line).

Foreshadowing by the blonde beauty? No, I don't think so... I mean, probably. Right? Who knows...
I just realized something... so we can only decrease humanity stat? I just checked my save path stats at the end and had humanity at zero points and im sure i picked choices that for sure increased humanity stat :confused:

If this is not a bug then to me at least it feels strange that we can't increase it since some choices really feel like the mc is resisting the "vampire nature".
Humanity starts at 0. There will be times when you can lose it or gain it. Losing humanity may open up new choices or locking others. I don't think raising humanity opens up choices (I know it locks some), but I'd have to check through the notes and that's not gonna happen, I've got like a ton of pages of those :/
Excellent start, keep it up... and thank you for the opening sex scene. This is exactly where Rebirth should have gone... page 1 in your face sex scene! Thank you very much! One thing though, I realize writing a sex scene might be difficult or embarrassing but over use of the word "member" should be probably be avoided. I think the word was used like a dozen times... its ok to swear were all perverts here trust us we've heard it.
Went through the script, has 8 mentions of the word "member" which is a no-no. In general I try my best not to repeat myself, so expect the scene to have more rods, dicks, cocks and other variations of a woman's favorite toy.

What do I mean?

The Moot or Meet.

Peace

Peace
The Moot scene was indeed inspired by the VtMB opening scene, and while the result is similar - that is, MC being rescued in the nick of time from execution by the outside forces, in my opinion there were plenty of differences between the two to avoid plagiarism charges. I just hope you won't reduce the game rating to 1 when you see the password for MC's computer :D
On a more serious note, there's always a risk that people might not appreciate if the material resembles other work too closely, and I'm sorry you think I crossed the line. Fortunately, that's the only instance that so closely resembles VtMB, to my knowledge at least, so hopefully you'll be satisfied with the way story goes. That being said, this genre is kind of cliched, and I did draw a lot of inspiration from vampire-themed works, so I'm pretty sure you should brace yours self for noticing other similarities with other thematic works.

I don't mind people making comparisons between this game and the game Rebirth, it's just the nature of the beast, but please keep it respectful and civil if you are mentioning it in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Both forced worse outcomes and unique options exclusive to characters with low humanity. It's like a tradeoff (for those enjoying being the bad boy).

There will be some fetishes that some will find not to their taste (all optional!), and sometimes MC can choose to be more forceful when pursuing romantic interests, but no, MC raping anyone is not planned.

In this universe vampires still breath air. More details about vampire physiology will be available in version 0.3.

Thanks for pointing it out, will fix it today and you can expect the fix to go live in 0.2 since it's not hotfix worthy.

As far as point system goes, I hope the mechanic will work out. But the good news is that even if it doesn't it's been designed in such a way that it can easily simplified, or expanded or changed altogether.

Yes, the warehouse arbitration scene is directly inspired by the opening scene of VtMB.

You can have multiple partners at the same time. You will have to settle for one ending (of the main story line).

Foreshadowing by the blonde beauty? No, I don't think so... I mean, probably. Right? Who knows...

Humanity starts at 0. There will be times when you can lose it or gain it. Losing humanity may open up new choices or locking others. I don't think raising humanity opens up choices (I know it locks some), but I'd have to check through the notes and that's not gonna happen, I've got like a ton of pages of those :/

Went through the script, has 8 mentions of the word "member" which is a no-no. In general I try my best not to repeat myself, so expect the scene to have more rods, dicks, cocks and other variations of a woman's favorite toy.

The Moot scene was indeed inspired by the VtMB opening scene, and while the result is similar - that is, MC being rescued in the nick of time from execution by the outside forces, in my opinion there were plenty of differences between the two to avoid plagiarism charges. I just hope you won't reduce the game rating to 1 when you see the password for MC's computer :D
On a more serious note, there's always a risk that people might not appreciate if the material resembles other work too closely, and I'm sorry you think I crossed the line. Fortunately, that's the only instance that so closely resembles VtMB, to my knowledge at least, so hopefully you'll be satisfied with the way story goes. That being said, this genre is kind of cliched, and I did draw a lot of inspiration from vampire-themed works, so I'm pretty sure you should brace yours self for noticing other similarities with other thematic works.

I don't mind people making comparisons between this game and the game Rebirth, it's just the nature of the beast, but please keep it respectful and civil if you are mentioning it in this thread. Thanks!
I just hope that the arbiter has enough fortitude for the centuries of love making I'm planning with her

Sep 3, 2020

thank you so much for answering my questions I really really love this game

so if I like a character in this game and I only want to be intimate with that character and no one else can i

you see I'm kind of a one-woman man

having multiple partners is not my style

plan to play him as a good vampire that only feeds on people

but does not kill them unless they are a killer or a rapist

but we will see how it goes

Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste

VelocityRyuga

Feb 15, 2020
Okay for starters, it's great to see a dev to interact so much with his player base. A huge thank you for taking the time to respond to all our queries.

I must say, having only seen the preview renders present in OP, they look fantastic. I also noticed there were tags for male domination present for your game, so I was wondering if you would be able to let me know to what extent this type of content is actually present in your game.

I personally love male domination games and there's unfortunately so few, would it be really great to see it be a part of this game. But if not, the game looks interesting enough to try it out anyways. I just wanted to know what I could expect xD

Thanks in advance:)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Love it!! (Not a big surprised, given my nature)

Love pretty much all the girls: the cutie at work, the quirky gorgeous at the coffe shop, our bombshell vamp mommy and our hot step mom.

Definitely dollowing this one. Hope dev manages to develop it successfully.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
What about the big woman?
She is fine. Definitely doing her if I can, but out of the rest of the cast so far, definitely lower in my list. Her attitude is a bit of a turn off for me and she is not as pretty as the others in my opinion.

It is still too soon to order. Having said that, Zoey so far is amazing. But I tend to really like the kind of girl vamp mommy seems to be. And the other cute humans are lovely, for different reasons. Definitely planning to fuck theirs lives by messing with them as a vamp, if we are allowed to.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

I appreciate you responding to the many comments. I do believe I was civil and respectful, and merely noted the obvious.
As far as future development as I said I am very hopeful and looking forward to it! I rated you 3* thus far due to the originality issues of certain specific parts, and am hopeful that we do see some truly original and great story work on your part! Your renders are quite good, and I heavily am in favor of you mentioning the reduction of sex drive, and am hoping that you stick to your guns on that rather than cave to the folks who want to corrupt the story with just porn.
I wish you the best!
Peace

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes