JC07

Jun 14, 2020
For me, it was a little bit of a suprise not to be able to name the MC at the start of the game/during the intro, but it made so much more sense from a story perspective to do it how the author did & give you the rename option when the MC became the character that he will be for the rest of the game.
Andy was his old life, now he has a new one & a new name with it.
I really understand and I'm fine with what the DEV has done. I don't want you to get it wrong.

But I still prefer the whole aminesia game cliché. Like, could he introduce us to an MC with ??? as a name and only after we choose our name. I think this would also work and give one more "attachment" from the player to the MC. You wouldn't have to feel like you're a new person or change your name when you meet people from a new "previous life."

But as I said at the beginning, this is not my story to do it my way. And I'm fine with that, that was the only part that kind of didn't make me totally immerse myself in character in this prologue, but if future updates we don't have to struggle with a "double personality". Like, will we ever see our coworker again? and if that happens, what will she call us?

Understand where I want to go.

But it's just my humble opinion.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
But as I said at the beginning, this is not my story to do it my way. And I'm fine with that, that was the only part that kind of didn't make me totally immerse myself in character in this prologue, but if future updates we don't have to struggle with a "double personality". Like, will we ever see our coworker again? and if that happens, what will she call us?

Understand where I want to go.

But it's just my humble opinion.
you never watched soap operas? MC is Andy's twin brother.

madmate.games

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Is there any file I can edit to change the gothic font into formal one? I can barely figure out the words in the character screen. (This is not a criticism to the game as much as me having visual difficulties mind you).
Have noted that myself and a lot of other people don't like the fonts either. I'll be posting a vote for my patreons with 10 font versions for people to chose from, so expect this to be fixed in next version.
madmate.games, my man(?), you have no idea how happy I am about this. This style of vampire story is an itch that is bizarrely difficult to get scratched, and I just love you for giving me my fix.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry, that got pretty rant-y. Moving on, MC and Vamp-Mom have some quirks that stand out a bit too much IMO (though not egregiously so).

Now for the good stuff! Tell me, can you spot the difference?
*Full disclosure, I'm told this is "can't un-see" territory for some people, and may inhibit enjoyment of certain VNs.

TL;DR Some very good stuff, not much bad stuff, I think you're off to a great start. Am excited for the next update!

God, this went on for way too long...

EDIT Oh, one question: If I am Zoey's Scion, then what is Zoey to me?

Oh, and I like the 90s setting. The issue of finding a phone is very real, and absolutely hilarious in hindsight.
Jeez, that's a lot to unpack! I hope you'll forgive me if I decide to be a bit more succinct in my reply, since otherwise I'd have to postpone the next release of the actual game :D
Anyway, in short: Arbiter's soft facial features - they used to be sharper but I actually softened them. I don't think I'll be changing them back, the main issue I have with her is her skin that I tried to tweak once or twice already with bad results. As far as her drawn eyebrows are concerned, you are absolutely correct. Someone pointed that out yesterday on discord and that's something that I'll fix in the future for sure. Not a big enough issue to re-render the old stuff tho, so it will remain as is. EDIT: Actually, it's an easy fix in PS. I'll fix it.
Vamp mom was quite a bit platic-ky and I didn't address that issue for far too long so I had to fix her renders in Photoshop. Lips remained the same, probably because I was too lazy, but yeah, those are also too plastic for my taste as well, will tone it down a bit.
Science is like general science... Like knowing that wombats poop square poop, or that closest star system is Alpha Centauri, or that the capitol of Burundi is Bujumbura. Insight is more of a sixth sense, intuition would maybe fit better as a term.
"If I am Zoey's Scion, then what is Zoey to me?"
A funny conversation in v0.2 ;)
So the planned harem was unplanned?
Do we have to choose 1 LI at the end? OR, there will be a harem, but can only one main LI the rest is secondary LI?
I think those were replies to two different questions. You get to chose who you sleep with, whether it is one partner or many. The main story part of the reply is about the main story itself, not LI's.
you never watched soap operas? MC is Andy's twin brother.
just kidding, of course.

Last edited:

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I think those were replies to two different questions. You get to chose who you sleep with, whether it is one partner or many. The main story part of the reply is about the main story itself, not LI's.
Sorry if I sounded boring, I don't speak English so some things might not make much sense to me.

But now I think I understand. So harem remains a possible dream.:love:

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
now imagine MC's coworkers calling him ??????? .... that would be totally immersive.
Yes, but in my mind, I don't know if it would make sense for the story, because I don't know where the DEV is going, it would be that when you meet someone from the past they would call you by your name, that is, the name you choose later would be the real name, the old name, meaning he would never change his name. But that's okay, it's just my opinion, and well, if she were the big thing here, I would be writing the story and not the DEV. So better leave that aside and focus on what really matters which is the game and the story the DEV is going to tell us.

Dec 6, 2017
Good first impression, specially the writing seems its going to be pretty interesting and solid troughout this game, which is something rare around here, nice job and keep it up!

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
You also claimed that future updates where we see our co-workers again could cause the name issue to come to the fore.
Despite the absolute fact that the game goes to great length to tell us that we need to cut all ties to our old life.
Hold on, are you suggesting that the characters already named and established should not make a return just because our character was told not to engage with them? It sounds like you're saying that, but that would just be terrible writing. If anything, we should be certain that we will meet them again just by virtue of seeing their faces, learning their names, and the dev clearly making effort for us to form emotional bonds with both Julie and Jason (positive and negative respectively).

Reactions: Ragnar and JC07

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hold on, are you suggesting that the characters already named and established should not make a return just because our character was told not to engage with them? It sounds like you're saying that, but that would just be terrible writing. If anything, we should be certain that we will meet them again just by virtue of seeing their faces, learning their names, and the dev clearly making effort for us to form emotional bonds with both Julie and Jason (positive and negative respectively).
It would not be "terrible writing" at all, if we never saw them again.
Jason, definitely thinks that the MC is dead.
He is clearly going to be an ongoing struggle for the MC, as MC wants revenge. But he could easily be written out by having moved away to escape problems with the law. He did kill someone, you know.
Emotional bonds with Julie?? What?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We talked to her at work for 2 mins, then went to bar with her (to cock-block & piss off Jason) and spent the night looking for excuses to leave.
MC didn't even want to go, in the first place. He also remarked at work how he never really spoke to her.
You think that constitutes an emotional bond? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
The blonde from the bar, at the start (who turns up at the end), probably had more emotionally meaningful content (for the MC) than Julie.

They were introduced for a purpose and have served that purpose.
There is no reason to see Julie again, from a story perspective. She was there to get us to the club, so we could meet the vamp woman.
There is a reason to see Jason again, but only if the MC gives in to his desire for revenge.
Jason was there to kill us, so we could get turned by the vamp woman.
Both have served their purpose.

They were named characters because they were main characters for that particular story arc.
If the future story arc takes us deep into vampire lore, houses/clans, night hunting, etc, then it would need a specific reason to bring those 2 back into the story.
Jason has the revenge motive, what does Julie have? Nothing.
If we don't give in to the darker urges for revenge, then the motive for seeing Jason again goes, too.
They're just disposable plot devices, in that case.

I am not saying that they cannot come back, of course they can.
But the game has, indisputably, gone to great lengths to define the MC as having nothing to leave behind.
It has then also gone to great lengths to inform him that he must leave his old life behind.
If we do not see them again, the only unresolved thing would be his death at the hands of Jason, but this can be easily written away by the player not wanting revenge.
Maybe he loves being a vamp, so is actually quite grateful? Who knows.

I think the MC will have plenty on his plate, learning about being a vampire, understanding what's happened & what is happening to him, probably meeting other vampires, gaining new traits and learning about these. Maybe some other vamps from specific big vamp houses/clans, which will necessitate learning about them, too.

His life is no longer a day-time affair, so the only chance he has to see people from his old life, who are mainly out during the day, is when they are out after dark.
That narrows down the likelihood of a chance encounter, dramatically.
MC will need to actively seek them out.
What does he think that Julie is gonna say? She's gonna want to know where the hell he's been. What's he gonna say?
More hassle than it's worth, to seek her out. For what, anyway? What would he possibly gain by searching & finding her somewhere after dark?
Why would he want to?

Last edited by a moderator:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
It would not be "terrible writing" at all, if we never saw them again.
Jason, definitely thinks that the MC is dead.
He is clearly going to be an ongoing struggle for the MC, as MC wants revenge. But he could easily be written out by having moved away to escape problems with the law. He did kill someone, you know.
Emotional bonds with Julie?? What?? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We talked to her at work for 2 mins, then went to bar with her (to cock-block & piss off Jason) and spent the night looking for excuses to leave.
MC didn't even want to go, in the first place. He also remarked at work how he never really spoke to her.
You think that constitutes an emotional bond? :LOL::ROFLMAO:
The blonde from the bar, at the start (who turns up at the end), probably had more emotionally meaningful content (for the MC) than Julie.

They were introduced for a purpose and have served that purpose.
There is no reason to see Julie again, from a story perspective. She was there to get us to the club, so we could meet the vamp woman.
There is a reason to see Jason again, but only if the MC gives in to his desire for revenge.
Jason was there to kill us, so we could get turned by the vamp woman.
Both have served their purpose.

They were named characters because they were main characters for that particular story arc.
If the future story arc takes us deep into vampire lore, houses/clans, night hunting, etc, then it would need a specific reason to bring those 2 back into the story.
Jason has the revenge motive, what does Julie have? Nothing.
If we don't give in to the darker urges for revenge, then the motive for seeing Jason again goes, too.
They're just disposable plot devices, in that case.

I am not saying that they cannot come back, of course they can.
But the game has, indisputably, gone to great lengths to define the MC as having nothing to leave behind.
It has then also gone to great lengths to inform him that he must leave his old life behind.
If we do not see them again, the only unresolved thing would be his death at the hands of Jason, but this can be easily written away by the player not wanting revenge.
Maybe he loves being a vamp, so is actually quite grateful? Who knows.

I think the MC will have plenty on his plate, learning about being a vampire, understanding what's happened & what is happening to him, probably meeting other vampires, gaining new traits and learning about these. Maybe some other vamps from specific big vamp houses/clans, which will necessitate learning about them, too.

His life is no longer a day-time affair, so the only chance he has to see people from his old life, who are mainly out during the day, is when they are out after dark.
That narrows down the likelihood of a chance encounter, dramatically.
MC will need to actively seek them out.
What does he think that Julie is gonna say? She's gonna want to know where the hell he's been. What's he gonna say?
More hassle than it's worth, to seek her out. For what, anyway? What would he possibly gain by searching & finding her somewhere after dark?
Why would he want to?
I get what you mean, but I disagree. In writing you don't just shove stuff in and then discard it, because that'll just end up with your product incredibly bloated, filled with pointless stuff that is only relevant to the scene it's in. Stuff that gets removed in the second draft of a script. is a recognizable trope for a reason. So is , same goes for . To give an example, if Julie and Jason were irrelevant because we won't be seeing them again, then they wouldn't be given all these clear character traits, we wouldn't spend two scenes focused on them and their relationship with Andy. Hell, we might not even learn their names. In fact, if they don't matter at all then these scenes should be cut altogether. Jason is mere unhealthy fat on the script if there is no kind of reckoning incoming, and Julie is completely superfluous if we don't see her again (you seem to agree with both of these statements). At this point, it's better to just cut them out altogether and do what VtM:Bloodlines did; just begin the game the moment you become a vampire and are captured. Boom, you're done, your human life is behind you, let's get on with the vampire intrigue!

What I'm trying to say is, regardless of your own emotional attachment to the characters, our character has an emotional investment in seeing them again, therefore it is narratively meaningful whether or not we do, and how it happens (or not). Less so for Julie, but Andy's internal monologue suggests he's at least interested in Julie but is holding back because workplace-romances do not work (which is no longer applicable), and to Jason he clearly wants to dish out some payback. So, if anything, the prologue is a set-up for future sub-plots. Do you act cold and cut ties next time you run into Julie as Zoey tells you to? Do you somehow take brutal revenge on Jason against your better judgement? Will you do it so harshly that you lose some Humanity? Seems like an obvious 'Punch the Tybalt' -moment. This is the basis of drama; tension and resolution, and the nature of these games is that we tend to have a say in how those resolutions play out.

And for the record, yes, I bet plenty of people built an emotional attachment to Julie, even if it is necessarily minor. is a very popular archetype on this site, and redheads with freckles are a very commonly fetishized. She's sweet and friendly and outgoing, and she might actually be interested in our character. Loads of people will simp for this kind of package at the mere hint of it (*citation needed).

That said, I don't understand why the character having a canonical given name is a problem either.

P.S. Sorry, this got kinda ranty and disjointed as I went back and edited some stuff.

this one point invalidates your whole argument...first of all what would be th best kind of revenge on Jason if not getting it on with Julie...second of all... she's a cute redhead... that's enough reason to see her again.
Here's the first citation, by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC07 and Nulldev

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
this one point invalidates your whole argument...first of all what would be th best kind of revenge on Jason if not getting it on with Julie...second of all... she's a cute redhead... that's enough reason to see her again.
lol fair point, but still, "from a story perspective", not a "who I want to fuck perspective". :ROFLMAO:
I don't think that, fucking a girl he's interested in, is satisfactory revenge for him killing us.
I think there's a major difference between those two points.
I vote that we cut his cock off and choke him to death with it, stuffed down his throat.
I get what you mean, but I disagree. In writing you don't just shove stuff in and then discard it, because that'll just end up with your product incredibly bloated, filled with pointless stuff that is only relevant to the scene it's in.
Good job that's not what happened, then. They are both disposable plot devices.
They were introduced so that they could progress the story.
Neither of them are pointless.
Julie's point was to get the MC to the club.
Jason's point was to stab MC, at the club.
Without Julie, as catalyst, Jason's point wouldn't have happened & MC would never have become a vamp.
Now, she has no further established point.
In fact, if they don't matter at all then these scenes should be cut altogether.
They DID matter. No-one suggested that they do not. I've even written precisely WHY they mattered.
The fact that their purpose has been served seems to escape you.
Have you never read a book where a character has been introduced, only for a specific part of the story?

Think of Pew, from Treasure Island. He only turns up to give Billy Bones the black spot & is never seen again.
Billy Bones also dies, at that point, after stirring desire, in Jim, to travel the seas and seek adventure.
The pirates ransack the Inn, after Bones' death, which causes Jim to set sail.
So 2 named characters who are only in the story for a specific purpose, at the start of the book. Both served their purpose, then were written out.
One by death, one by simply leaving the building.
It happens all the time, in literature.
They're called .

None of the links that you have provided support your argument. Quite the opposite.
To use Chekov's Gun: What purpose does Julie have in the story, right now? None.
She's played her part and got him to the club, so that he could be stabbed, then bitten and turned.
Without her, the MC would not have gone to the club, in the first place & would therefore never have been stabbed, or then bitten.
Her purpose is complete.
As it stands, she has no further defined purpose or objective in the story, other than possible eye candy/dick decoration.
So, using your own argument, the only way she gets brought back is as another plot device.

As humans are daytime creatures and vampires are creatures of the night, their paths are unlikely to cross by chance.
In order to meet Julie again, the MC would need to specifically seek her out, after dark.
With no current reason to do so.
Then he'd need to explain why he disappeared that night & hasn't been seen since.
That's a whole lot of explaining needed.
What I'm trying to say is, regardless of your own emotional attachment to the characters, our character has an emotional investment in seeing them again, therefore it is narratively meaningful whether or not we do, and how it happens (or not).
What he has is potential for an emotional investment, but the player will presumably get to make that choice.
Jason we have the potential of revenge. The character has expressed desire for this.
Julie we have "Oh, she's cute." & that's it. Oh & she dislikes Jason, too. The character expressed no real desire for her.
Given what's happened/happening to the MC, I would think he would be far more interested in getting his head around the changes he's undergoing, as well as understanding the new culture he's found himself a part of.
Those things seem far, far more important, from a story & lore perspective, than "Oh, she's cute."
And for the record, yes, I bet plenty of people built an emotional attachment to Julie, even if it is necessarily minor.
LMFAO!!! Seriously, what emotions were involved, other than "Yeah, I'd like to cock-block Jason & fuck her myself"?
The only attachment to build, from that, is that she doesn't like Jason, either.
So they have a shared dislike of an antagonist in common.
Not exactly a major link.
I expect that every single person who meets Jason shares that.:ROFLMAO:
That said, I don't understand why the character having a canonical given name is a problem either.
Which was the only thing I was initially responding to, someone who did have a problem with it.
Having the MC known as "???" was suggested as being "more immersive" than him being named "Andy".
Predefined name for intro. Old name for old life.
User defined new name, for new life as a vamp.
I think that it made absolute sense, from a story perspective, to do this.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: FunFuntomes

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Good job that's not what happened, then. They are both disposable plot devices.
They were introduced so that they could progress the story.
Neither of them are pointless.
Julie's purpose was to get the MC to the club.
Jason's point was to stab MC, at the club.
So without Julie, Jason's point wouldn't have existed.
Now, she has no further point.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I want to make sure I'm arguing against what you're actually trying to say.

What I'm hearing is...
  • Jason and Julie guided the office scene and set the stage for the club scene, and therefore the scene for you to get stabbed.
  • Because of this, they are not pointless characters.
  • Their roles fulfilled, they are now disposable.
That's how I understand your point, so if I'm wrong you can just skip the rest of this post, because it'll probably be pretty long. I'll put a TL;DR at the bottom. Mind you, I'm going to be repeating the same point over and over again from different perspectives, just a fair warning.

So my issue with your view is the weird retroactive pointlessness the characters would end up with. If it was the middle of the story I would understand your point, but this is the very beginning. Everything, from the start of the office scene to the eventual stabbing, would be better off deleted if it has no pay-off; no reckoning with Jason, no chance to befriend or even woo Julie later on. Everything that was established, from their looks, their personality, their interactions; all of it, completely pointless. Just go out, bang the blonde in the pub's toilet, then wake up bleeding out in a ditch for reasons unknown, only for Vamp-Mom to find you. Makes for a much better story if all those details about Julie and Jason don't matter in the long run... But they do matter, is what I'm saying. That said, they are details, mere texture for the characters, but details actually matter (like, say, with Chekhov's Gun).

They DID matter. No-one suggested that they do not. I've even written precisely WHY they mattered.
The fact that their purpose has been served seems to escape you.
Have you never read a book where a character has been introduced, only for a specific part of the story?
They're called .
Chekhov's Gun does absolutely nothing to disprove my point. If anything, it supports it.
Star Trek and the Red Shirts also has nothing to do with this.
Nominal importance also proves my point.
None of the links that you have provided support your argument. Quite the opposite.
Well... No. They never mattered if they don't show up again. Think of the MacGuffin in Pulp Fiction, we never get to see what exactly it is, because what exactly it is doesn't matter, only that people are after it. Now apply that to Jason and Julie, and you should start realizing that everything leading up to the stabbing was just pointless drudgery if they're just gone from the story now (because according to you, only the stabbing itself truly matters and the characters were mere carriers), so logically they were never disposable simply by virtue of having names and personalities and relationship dynamics with both you and eachother. If, hypothetically, they were plot devices, then all of that would have been completely pointless and the game could've just started with you lying on the ground after a masked stranger mugged you, never to be seen again.

When I brought up Chekov's Gun it was to emphasize that all the details Jason and Julie got are there for a reason (mostly got them through Andy's internal monologues, which potentially means his perception of the characters will be important). If you want to force the concept here, the Gun would be the potential romantic interest between Andy and Julie, and if you're being generous, her caring nature, which would surely come up when you re-unite after you just disappear entirely. For Jason, the Gun would be your grudge over the stabbing, as witnessed in front of the mirror. Granted, I'm being very generous with the definition of the Gun here.

Red Shirts are expendable troopers, but I actually brought up Mauve Shirts, because the critical difference is that one is completely forgettable and expendable, while the other is not. Jason and Julie are obviously not headed to the front lines, but I was drawing a comparison to highlight your perspective on the characters. You're making it sound like they have fulfilled their purpose, so (metaphorically speaking) they've run off to battle and died, never to be seen or cared about again, just like any other Red Shirt. Whereas I'm saying they are, at the very least, more akin to Mauve Shirts, because they have details that make them non-identical to any random character. Here, lemme quote the most relevant part from the Mauve Shirt page.

[...] the Mauve Shirt is a former who has managed to get enough and lines to make him stand out from the rank and file, but not enough to be part of the main cast. It can also be accomplished by showing of a (but be careful with that, as it's ), personal quirks, or just plain old (whole or in part).
Actually, after I posted those links in the previous comment, I couldn't shake the feeling that there's a name for the larger umbrella concept that I was trying to convey, and turns out I was right. It's called the . So, really that was the main take-away, sorry I wasn't clearer.

LMFAO!!! Seriously, what emotions were involved, other than "Yeah, I'd like to cock-block Jason & fuck her myself"?
The only attachment to build, from that, is that she doesn't like Jason, either.
So they have a shared dislike of an antagonist in common.
Wow. Such a major link.
I expect that every single person who meets Jason shares that.:ROFLMAO:
"Emotional attachment" is a spectrum, it doesn't have to be a full-blown crush. For example, if you choose the "Get it through your thick skull: It. Doesn't. Work." -option, then Jason gets physical with Julie right in front of you and goes "REEEEEE", which is then followed by this frame:

1623847984676.png

Now, if you felt the slightest tinge of worry, or protectiveness, or even possessiveness over her, that's emotional attachment. There's a lot of nuance to the phrase, and you bet you ass that for a lot of people, when they download a game on this particular website, they're going to be looking at every single remotely attractive character through the lens of 'potential waifu'. Maybe you don't get particularly invested in fictional characters all that much, but I assure you, many of us get very immersed in these games. Still, this sounds like a disagreement of definitions, so really it's kind of whatever.

To use Chekov's Gun, what purpose does Julie have in the story, now?
She's played her part and got him to the club, so that he could be stabbed, then bitten and turned.
Without her, the MC would not have gone to the club, in the first place & would therefore never have been stabbed, or then bitten.
Purpose complete.
As it stands, she has no further defined purpose or objective in the story, other than possible eye candy/dick decoration.
So, using your own argument, the only way she gets brought back is as another plot device.
No, because the context of what kind of story this is matters. "Eye candy" or "dick decoration" is a maddeningly dismissive way to refer to a love interest. I mean, do you not think she is a love interest? And if she is, don't you think she'll have her own character arc? Her own sub-plot? Or does only the larger narrative matter to you?

TL;DR I think it's very obvious that they are not mere plot devices, disposable or otherwise. Jason might be reducible to a plot device if we only hear a few lines before deciding his fate and walking away, but I lean towards that not being the case.

EDIT Heheyy, I finished just as the sauna reached a pleasant temperature!

Reactions: JC07

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Seems like an obvious 'Punch the Tybalt'
that action gives +10 humanity
hen I brought up Chekov's Gun it was to emphasize that all the details Jason and Julie got are there for a reason (mostly got them through Andy's internal monologues, which potentially means his perception of the characters will be important). If you want to force the concept here, the Gun would be the potential romantic interest between Andy and Julie, and if you're being generous, her caring nature, which would surely come up when you re-unite after you just disappear entirely. For Jason, the Gun would be your grudge over the stabbing, as witnessed in front of the mirror. Granted, I'm being very generous with the definition of the Gun here.
Red Shirts are expendable troopers, but I actually brought up Mauve Shirts, because the critical difference is that one is completely forgettable and expendable, while the other is not. Jason and Julie are obviously not headed to the front lines, but I was drawing a comparison to highlight your perspective on the characters. You're making it sound like they have fulfilled their purpose, so (metaphorically speaking) they've run off to battle and died, never to be seen or cared about again, just like any other Red Shirt. Whereas I'm saying they are, at the very least, more akin to Mauve Shirts, because they have details that make them non-identical to any random character. Here, lemme quote the most relevant part from the Mauve Shirt page.
there's an infinite number of ways Julie could be part of the story.... how much can MC tell her without bringing the sword on her ... it's obvious Julie had a crush on Andy, and she might be looking for him, and Jason hasn't reached his objective with Julie, maybe the cutie will see Andy while he's having his vengence, and in this situation what would our MC do? Kill her? thrall her? tell her the truth and break the masquerade? besides what kind of predator MC is ? what's his favorite source of blood? what if MC is a consensual drinker? or maybe he only drinks from pretty girls?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
that action gives +10 humanity

there's an infinite number of ways Julie could be part of the story.... how much can MC tell her without bringing the sword on her ... it's obvious Julie had a crush on Andy, and she might be looking for him, and Jason hasn't reached his objective with Julie, maybe the cutie will see Andy while he's having his vengence, and in this situation what would our MC do? Kill her? thrall her? tell her the truth and break the masquerade? besides what kind of predator MC is ? what's his favorite source of blood? what if MC is a consensual drinker? or maybe he only drinks from pretty girls?
Exactly, from a narrative perspective, there's plenty of reasons to bring her back, but (or rather, therefore) dropping her would be a waste.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
by your logic... in the other cool vampire game, a certain blonde dj exausted her utility to the story as soon as MC was Embraced since her role was simply to make sure he accepted the gig at the temple..:unsure::unsure::unsure: yet we later foun out it's not the case.
No, she was his best friend & business partner.
There's a distinct and strong relationship established for them, long before he turns.
That is the type of relationship that doesn't get discarded.
He's advised not to return to her, but does. Specifically because he has that type of strong relationship, with her.
She ends up becoming a thrall.

Some bird at work who you've never spoken to before, then only went out with to stop her being sexually harassed by an asshole, is an entirely different relationship.
Not even in the same ballpark.
Comparing apples with oranges.

Deleted member 216358

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2017
Can we please end the argument (and related arguments) about the name of the MC before his transformation into a vampire?

At this point, all parties have dug into a defensive posture and seeing each other's perspective isn't even on the table anymore.

It takes a bigger man to end an argument than it does to continue one.

4.50 star(s) 69 Votes