binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
This update definitely gave me contradicting thoughts and opinions.
On one hand, holy fuck what a pointless and boring update and waste of time.

On the other hand, it was kinda beautiful, and in some way interesting, it did make at least me feel for Lana a bit more.
But I've never enjoyed it when a game makes an ENTIRE update about a flashback. In this case its even worse, its not even the MC's flashbacks.

I wish this longwinded story Lana threw at us was split up, and told now and then over the next couple of (ingame) days.
But considering the situation. This was a story she had to tell, here, and now.
And it belongs to the overall story. Still, I feel that this must've been possible to deliver in a more interesting way.
I have no issues with lesbianism or w/e. But this game has so far not move very much in the forward direction - and this update kinda felt more like ..I dunno, if not a step or two back, then at least a standstill.

The aftertaste I got from this is, Lana is sweet, but the update overall, massive snoozefest and lowered my expectations going forward. - Which to put a positive spin on it, might be a good thing, can only get better from here on, right? Dont think it can get much worse.(worried questionmark)

"This update: Hi, you play as this male character, but yoink, surprise, this entire update is about someone else for 99.999% of the update. Enjoy!" ;-)

Sorry if this was harsh or whatever. This was my opinion, and I feel entitled to express it lol
Some might agree with my opinions, some not. It's just the way things are :)
I feel all that. I really did expect a bit of a payoff at the very end for sitting through the backstory (which I did appreciate, if a bit long-winded).

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
My thoughts on this update:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Again, if there was more to this update other than Lana's backstory maybe it would've been much better but I like Lana even more now than before and it's because of this backstory.

Reactions: allura404
Sep 20, 2021
I really don't see all the hate this last update has gotten. I'd rather have a developed backstory than just plug in sex scenes because believe it or not story and character development, personalities etc. is what makes great games stand out from the average ones. Visually this game is amazing as well and the Dev is really talented at animations too.

Some of you have never played a good slow burn game that pays off and it shows. Most of the best games on this site has some kind of slow burn with the main characters. It's not like the Dev hasn't already given us sex content. I'm sure that the Dev is well aware that this update was mostly to set the background for the story moving forward so he can actually plan out scenes to make sense and immerse you in the game. Not just making sex scenes that seem rushed or make no sense, I've seen plenty of games where Dev's write like a chicken with their head cut off and make rushed sex scenes that doesn't make it seem like it's payed off, and soon the content gets dried out BECAUSE of the lack of story and new directions to take with it while making sense with the main plot.

Overall this is a game with a lot of potential moving forward and one of the better looking and animated games on this site with really good models and characters. I don't think ONE update is worth throwing a fit over, and if it is then there are plenty of brainless rush to 3 or more sex scenes every update games to play. But those don't tend to last that long, have that many fans, or make the Dev's that much money overall for the work they put in.

Personally looking forward to the next update, cause I know there will be compensation for the story setup. It's kinda how these things go(y)

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I really don't see all the hate this last update has gotten. I'd rather have a developed backstory than just plug in sex scenes because believe it or not story and character development, personalities etc. is what makes great games stand out from the average ones. Visually this game is amazing as well and the Dev is really talented at animations too.
Well, I suspect it's because it was literally ALL backstory and it took 7 months or something (if my old save file date is to be believed).

Reactions: DickBobyson

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Everyone has there own preferences to what they like in a story, but considering how slow the development of this is wasting an entire update on a flashback just seems a little nonsensical to me, flashbacks in my opinion should be quick and concise, we didn't need the majority of the backstory that was told, what we learnt could have been told in less than 5 minutes and we could have moved the actual story forward. As for you mentioning plug in sex scenes, well this one had exactly that did it not? we know from the backstory that Lana & Eva loved each other, what was the need for the scene in it, there really wasn't one.

lawlawkagurL

Nov 12, 2021
Hi there, just wanted to ask
if the Incest Patch in the OP applicable to all game versions?
and if not,
can anyone share one for PC-Windows if it's not too much trouble.
thank you =)

Reactions: BoycottedGuy

DickBobyson

Dec 25, 2018
Yes, it was a waste of an update. Just couple brief lesbian scenes and a narrative backstory that really did not add anything to the story. Like someone else said, flashbacks need to be short and concise.

Story needs to branch off the MC and somehow correlate back to him, this did not have that. That whole bit with Lana and Eva (especially the beginning part at the mechanics) had nothing to really add. Really, all they needed to add was the part where Lana met the MCs father and the part Lana and Eva lived together and we would have had the same outcome. The beginning 75% update had no purpose.

Also, to all those people "happy" about this update, you do all realize the dev take a long time for update, but we have only sex content with one character over 4 updates, so you all being happy about a story update rather than a content update is really odd to me

Huldrafolk

Jul 20, 2017
this is possibly the worst update to a game I have ever seen in my entire life.
Minutes and minutes of completely useless and disinteresting history, of which NOBODY does not give a big dick, interspersed with the mother who is the apotheosis of the milf. And you are there thinking "God damn this shit is going to end sooner or later, and we will go back to playing normally enjoying the mother-son taboo with this good milf".
No, this never happens. It continues the useless lousy silly story of which I repeat NOBODY gives a shit, two renders of the magnificent milf, and more the useless story. Until the end, when the update closes. Actually, kudos to whoever created this shit, you are the Devil.

Krull

Retired
GFX Designer
Respected User
Donor
Feb 1, 2017
Fan Sig:
tblkout-fan1.gif tblkout-fan1a.gif tblkout-fan1b.gif tblkout-fan2.gif tblkout-fan3.gif tblkout-fan4.gif
links:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928675_tblkout-fan1.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928673_tblkout-fan1a.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928672_tblkout-fan1b.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928677_tblkout-fan2.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928676_tblkout-fan3.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2022/07/1928674_tblkout-fan4.gif

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The update wasn't bad per say since we learned some stuff, but I feel like the backstory could've been condensed down a lot. Pretty much the entire update was a flashback.

Hopefully since that is out of the way the next update makes some good progress in the current timeline.

Sep 20, 2021
I've read some of your responses to my last post, and I just want to say that I hear each and every one of you out and your opinions on it and respect them. I agree with most of the things you are saying.

In no way would I ever give a Dev a complete pass for an update like this. To me personally, the quality of the game and at least the effort put into scenes, dialogue etc. is worth it being tolerable and not something that completely turned me off to the game itself. But I again stick to my point where I do believe that we will be compensated heavily in the near future with main story progression and keep the flashbacks to a bare minimum in the next recent updates. Dev's hear feedback and once they hear a good amount of people say they would rather have the main story focused on more than flashbacks, I'm sure they will change their course of action when it comes to future updates. If I am wrong about us having great content to look forward to in the future then I'm just wrong and you can hit me with the I told you so's but for right now I'm pretty hopeful and I don't think its time for panic yet.

I wanted to address somebody saying it's been 7 months since the last update??? That's just completely false. I guess we are not considering visual reworks as updates now a days but completely redoing Lana's model and putting it in each scene with here was probably not just a walk in the park that understandably probably took some months to do. Was I overjoyed that the Dev made that decision? Not so much as I know the rest of you weren't, but at the end of the day they're gonna do what they think is going to be best for the game in the long run.

Overall are we happy with this last update? No. Is it what we were expecting? No. Can we still be hopeful that things to come will be a lot better? Yes or at least I believe so.

If you have been a Patron of the dev and are upset at the lack of story progression then I completely understand and everyone has a justified reason to not be happy about it. My point to my last post was that there are MANY dev's that go 7 plus months between content updates and don't even say a word to their supporters, and I've seen get way less hate for smaller updates and a worse looking game with a mediocre story. It's in no way excusing AfterLust but I just wanted to make it clear that they shouldn't be put in the realm of a "scamming" or "shitty" Dev just yet.

Reactions: Punto

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Interesting, so her strategy to escape from her family's cult was to pursue a career in politics, she went to live with Eva after so little time and even though their lifestyles were so clearly different & their relationship was doomed right from the beginning. Sooner or later her photosessions could pose a threat to her presidential short-lived career. Somehow, she just forgot the fact that her mom even told her to change her name if she wanted to even have a chance of escaping that cult, yet she didn't do so until she fucked up with that photo session?. If Eva was just testing her camera, why did she even have to put Angela's(Lana's) real name in that magazine cover? Either of them could have deleted the photos right after taking them, WTF?

The power dynamic of that relationship was messed up right from the start.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 34 Votes