VN Ren'Py The BloodRiver Saga: Retransmitter [v.0.05 P2] [ND Ferret Studio]

3.20 star(s) 11 Votes

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok is it now playable now with the new update? I decided to wait after the reviews and comments in the thread.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
It is quite possible that this is a false positive, because we 100% guarantee that there is no way the game has any viruses or at least we certainly did not pursue such a goal.
Windows Defender is pinging it too, on my side. I dunno what y'all did, but whatever it was it looks like it ticked off a lot of antivirus software.

Defender is saying something about a Wacatac Trojan, if that helps, and is sourcing the "virus" to the executable. Hopefully that helps narrow things down.

ND Ferret Studio

Developers The BloodRiver Saga: Retransmitter
Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Windows Defender is pinging it too, on my side. I dunno what y'all did, but whatever it was it looks like it ticked off a lot of antivirus software.

Defender is saying something about a Wacatac Trojan, if that helps, and is sourcing the "virus" to the executable. Hopefully that helps narrow things down.
There are no extra files in the game itself. Antivirus reacts to compiled files, which indicates that something happened after compilation. Since we recently updated the engine, I can assume that it is the engine. Although after unzipping and checking no viruses were detected.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
There are no extra files in the game itself. Antivirus reacts to compiled files, which indicates that something happened after compilation. Since we recently updated the engine, I can assume that it is the engine. Although after unzipping and checking no viruses were detected.
Definitely, I mean, I didn't think there were any actually there. I was saying what Windows Defender was telling me, because I hoped it would help you figure out what went wrong during the compile that's so deeply irritating to everyone's antivirus.

Like I said, the since Defender says it's the .exe, my money is on something in the compiler. I heard that Defender doesn't like executables that modify themselves; maybe it's that?

Also, the game has become horribly laggy for some reason.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Yes these games have encrypted files so only the developer has access to the source and someone does not steal the work. Since multi-packed files especially encrypted was a very old method for trojans and viruses most virus software still mark these as being viruses. When I run an antivirus software (which I no longer due almost no one uses viruses anymore it's worms and trojans which only software like malwarebytes) I tell it to ignore multi-packed files.

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
Definitely, I mean, I didn't think there were any actually there. I was saying what Windows Defender was telling me, because I hoped it would help you figure out what went wrong during the compile that's so deeply irritating to everyone's antivirus.

Like I said, the since Defender says it's the .exe, my money is on something in the compiler. I heard that Defender doesn't like executables that modify themselves; maybe it's that?

Also, the game has become horribly laggy for some reason.
I see your point, maybe I didn't express myself in the right way and it was rude. Apologize if anything, I'm not a native speaker, so I can not articulate clearly. At the expense of brakes, it's clearly a problem on your part, as the game has become much more optimized, and when we tested the game was not spotted lag (even in scenes with animations)

ND Ferret Studio

Game Developer
Apr 12, 2020
We found what the problem is (About "Virus"), it is really related to the engine. There is actually no virus there, it seems that the antivirus reacts to an empty file created by renpy. Do not worry about it, just ignore it. The creator of the engine himself said that these are false positives from antivirus ( ). In about a week (maximum two) will come out the second hotfix, there we will try to fix it.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
NOMU's quite a bit easier now, I find, since the mooks no longer deal 150 damage every shot. I also found them missing more often.
He's a rough fight, but now he's at least doable.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
NOMU's quite a bit easier now, I find, since the mooks no longer deal 150 damage every shot. I also found them missing more often.
He's a rough fight, but now he's at least doable.
yeah he's alot easier to beat now since you only have to beat 2 goons now who has less damage and you wont have that much damage but still.. the save is there for those who will be needing it since some people doesn't like grind haha

• Red Heart
Reactions: Karnewarrior
3.20 star(s) 11 Votes