VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
You all sound like a really entitled fandom. Give the dev some freedom to make the game they originally wanted to make. Don't be surprised if the game becomes less coherent, if you demand that the game be changed in retrospect to suit your pre-established tastes.
You're way too late to this conversation to have this bad a take.

The main complaint was that the dev PITCHED IT SPECIFICALLY AS A HAREM GAME, then did not deliver that. Harem fans even asked the dev to, if he was going to make it an NTR-focused game, which was the entirety of the content at the start, to just SAY SO and we'd ignore it and move on. Instead, we got this current mish-mash that pleases literally no one.

People don't want to force the dev to make the game they want the dev to make, people want the dev to ACCURATELY TELL US WHAT THAT GAME WILL BE.

Also, the dev specifically, as I posted earlier, had a poll specifically of the dev's supporters, asking about NTR content, which was overwhelmingly against such content, and the dev included it regardless.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Give the dev some freedom to make the game they originally wanted to make.
you're talking like someone who
1. either recently came to this thread and read 2 pages, if you've read those
or
2. ignore what the dev said and how he marketed this game, which was a harem game
so .. the freedom to make the game he wanted would have been a harem game where the LIs are for MC only (at least that's how it was marketed).

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
2. ignore what the dev said and how he marketed this game, which was a harem game
so .. the freedom to make the game he wanted would have been a harem game where the LIs are for MC only (at least that's how it was marketed).
Thiiiiiiis.

There's a reason the most common post in game threads where a dev does not include Planned tags is *asking* for Planned tags. We just want to know what we're getting into, and when a dev is cagey or deceptive about the content, the 'entitled fans' have a right to be annoyed about it.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Thiiiiiiis.

There's a reason the most common post in game threads where a dev does not include Planned tags is *asking* for Planned tags. We just want to know what we're getting into, and when a dev is cagey or deceptive about the content, the 'entitled fans' have a right to be annoyed about it.
Yup, very true. At least I didn't get baited with incest and loli tags and then there not be any incest or lolis in sight the whole playthrough.

Reactions: Tiur

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
i see here is a lot of disagreement with the fans and the dev. better not touch the vn...cause im only on the page cause of the harem/prego. tags but hate ntr...the dev has all the freedom to code/write a game how he likes but you have to tell where is this going....you dont go and buy a game or read a book with mischmasch infos about what it will represent...harem/ntr (alltogether) doesnt work in my gamesworld....so no hard feelings but harem with a sideguy....nope....unwatch it better for my little heart

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
You all sound like a really entitled fandom. Give the dev some freedom to make the game they originally wanted to make. Don't be surprised if the game becomes less coherent, if you demand that the game be changed in retrospect to suit your pre-established tastes.

Not to dump on your personal views or attempts at 'White Knighting', but given that the Dev's Patreon page literally includes a tier with the option of having a supporters' fetishes put in the game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not really sure that phrases like "make the game they originally wanted to make" or concepts like "artistic integrity" are really applicable here...

On a separate note, this also makes me worry about the future of the game and if this dev will stick to what they promised. I don't know how they could do that if they are literally selling the ability to add a supporter's fetish.

NakedSingularity

May 17, 2022
Not to dump on your personal views or attempts at 'White Knighting', but given that the Dev's Patreon page literally includes a tier with the option of having a supporters' fetishes put in the game...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not really sure that phrases like "make the game they originally wanted to make" or concepts like "artistic integrity" are really applicable here...

On a separate note, this also makes me worry about the future of the game and if this dev will stick to what they promised. I don't know how they could do that if they are literally selling the ability to add a supporter's fetish.
Yup sounds like definitely a short-term cash grab. I know that's suggested with alot of AVN's that are abandoned before even the 4th update is out but damn, the evidence is right there in text for all to see. Also not sure why he would offer that on Patreon, given the common knowledge they are not very fetish content friendly (lolis, incest, beastiality, etc) unlike Subscribstar. I guess the plan is to milk Patreon and advertise there for as long as possible then simply remove the dl links and replace them with links to is SS and put links there like some dev's do.

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
I was going to change name of thread but staff didn't let me :cautious:

cover7.png

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
really fisting a 18 years old virgin??? by the way this need a tag for this
Yea that felt like it came out of nowhere but all I will say is, toys exists and they get pretty large. :BootyTime:
Anyway considering if you tell her to get the key out herself she only uses 2 fingers to get it, idk why it had to be such an extreme difference.

The premise of the game is dumb from the start anyway so I honestly wasn't expecting anything to really make sense. Turn brain off, enjoy scenes.

Last edited:

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
"In order to save the village from extinction, you must make all the women there pregnant. "

Then why did the dev choose to have one of the only women we have had sexual contact with....
A.Not be from the village.
B.Was already months pregnant.
It totally screws up the entire premise proposed by the dev.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Way to talk out of your ass. The game was marketed as a harem game. That don't work when episode one had the MC acting like a standby in somebody else's show. Even if the dev wanted to have the Carla situation as a plot point, there was no reason to execute it the way it was. The dev made huge mistake plain and simple and then tried to fix it to cater to both crowds as If they didn't get a direct and overwhelming answer from their own supporters that they didn't want anything to do with it. The premise of the game and execution of the scenes were in conflict and do not serve to please either side because it wrecks the harem vibe and because of the MC's super sperm as a plot point, the child is his anyway. It satisfies nobody.

Also the pre-existing code is still mangled by the way. Some dialogue and scenes outcomes are contradictory and some options don't work. I looked at the code. The new option at the start just completely jumps over those sections of the script. So it looks like it was a bandaid to cover it up and the underlying issues were left untouched.

The reputation of this game is pretty low at this point by the looks of things but if it's any consolation episode 3 didn't have anything to do with the drama from episode one/two or any new ones. It was just the MC being chill and interacting with the women depending on player choice. Hopefully the dev got the message by now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dev got "one guyed" into putting ntr in the game because of the irresponsible patreon tier.

Last edited:

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
Yea that felt like it came out of nowhere but al I will say is, toys exists and they get pretty large. :BootyTime:
Anyway considering if you tell her to get the key out herself she only uses 2 figures to get it, idk why it had to be such an extreme difference.

The premise of the game is dumb from the start anyway so I honestly wasn't expecting anything to really make sense. Turn brain off, enjoy scenes.
yeah when i saw the differences between the scenes i thought it was damn near the dumest shit ever. in a weirdly funny way.

personally im not into fisting but in this update you goota do it if you want the BJ scene apparently.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
"In order to save the village from extinction, you must make all the women there pregnant. "

Then why did the dev choose to have one of the only women we have had sexual contact with....
A.Not be from the village.
B.Was already months pregnant.
It totally screws up the entire premise proposed by the dev.
Pregnant sex fetish, and It's an unknown donor baby. I guess it's a bit weird but compared to the shit execution of the Carla situation which already did that, I think this one is fairly non-confrontational. Also I'd say the MC handles Pam pretty well too. He didn't freak out or act like dumbass about it at all. :unsure:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC has to put in the work, even tho he is being duped about what that work is.
We as players know full well MC has to be bold and go for the hotties,
the hotties know full well that is the whole point of MC being there,
MC on the other hand is in two or more minds about his whole situation.

yeah when i saw the differences between the scenes i thought it was damn near the dumest shit ever. in a weirdly funny way.

personally im not into fisting but in this update you goota do it if you want the BJ scene apparently.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Played the intro again, skipping the dialogue to check for anything new. Sadly nothing new was added on the path I chose, it's the same as before, up until the first day on the new town.

As an NTR appreciator the Paul memory was lame imo for the reason I mentioned earlier:

The protagonist is presented as someone with a sperm count off the charts, someone able to impregnate anyone very easily, so the scene that would make Paul the one responsible for impregnating Carla and please the NTR crowd ends up losing most of its punch as that baby belongs to Knut, for sure. The worst part is that not making Knut get sloppy seconds would be easier than what the Dev decided to do, he went out of his way to ruin the scene with the game's premise.

This is exactly the emotion it causes, the game has good enough visuals and a slow but nice storytelling. It's just sad that the story being told is lame.
Well, on the pure harem route, if you choose to have Paul and Carla in the game, then Paul's bathroom scene with Gry changes again (the part where she tells him to fuck off remains the same), the MC finds her looking in the mirror when he leaves, and not sitting on the toilet.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Necronlord3
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes