VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Carla is a fucking mess of a human being and needs to screw her head on straight as it is currently twisted backwards. That is just one of many things I do not appreciate in this game. I'm still playing with Carla enabled just to see where that leads.
There's also the fact that the 'nocarla' path skips most of the episode 2 content entirely, skips large chunks of episode 1 content, and results in weird situations where the MC talks about other characters as if there is pre-existing love for them, due to them being stand-ins for his feelings for Carla.

The 'nocarla' path is also insultingly labeled as the 'no drama triangle' path. The criticism has never been about the presence of a drama triangle, it's been about the lazy use of netorare to get said triangle.

Frankly, most of the complaints I've read in the last few days here have been resolved in the latest update... except there is still no quit option, more's the pity.
Tell me this: if Carla and Paul truly have a 'sexless' relationship, why is Carla angry about Paul cheating at all? (Answer: because the sexless relationship was a bad band-aid shoehorned in after the fact and was not intended by the dev during episode 1's writing.)
Tell me this: if Gry truly rejected Paul in the bathroom, why is there still a render of the MC handing her panties with Paul's cum dripping out of her? (Answer: because the dev still CBA to go fix it, and intended Paul to fuck Gry.)

You seem to be the level headed one, BlasKyau, apart from all these simian brained dipshits throwing their feces and wanking their toxic jizz all over everything.
That's an awfully nice glass house you've got there.

It remains the case that the 'harem' path is poorly written and poorly coded, and was very clearly an afterthought. Suggestions for constructive fixes were made as early as page 1 of this thread, and instead we got what we now have.

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
You have the option to play without Carla content entirely. Just choose the option when prompted. "I don't know these people" is the option to select during the meeting and you will not even be aware there ever was a Carla or her fuck stick of an "alternative" mate. Too much fucking negativity going on here in forum. This is a rather well made AVN... just needs a quit button and I'm ready for more.

Face palmers will be ignored. I just don't care if you don't like this. It's a free game! They're ALL free here. Don't like this then go DL another title and stop harassing this dev and their fans! If I like a game, I say so. If I don't like a game I don't bother with the forum. I just delete the game and move on to something else. So, naysayers can naff off!!! :devilish:

Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)
Your attitude in my opinion is one that needs adjustment not the negative comments. Games are subjective media so there is not right or wrong answer about someone's opinion of whether this game is good or shite. Pretending that a free game exempts a developer of negative criticism shows a complete lack of understanding how feedback works. Positive feedback doesn't lead to ANY improvements, only negative feedback generates improvement. If no one tells you something is wrong because of some foolish notion that free = no criticism allowed then you get into a echo chamber where everyone is blowing smoke up your ass and you don't know where you need improvement.

NTR content is never going to be accepted by most gamers and Harem content is never going to please NTR fans. So advertising a harem game in an NTR game will piss off people and advertising NTR in a harem game will piss different people off. Stop telling people how to feel about subjective content. This game is so poorly designed in terms of giving people what they want it almost feels like it is designed to deliberately annoy players.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Tell me this: if Carla and Paul truly have a 'sexless' relationship, why is Carla angry about Paul cheating at all? (Answer: because the sexless relationship was a bad band-aid shoehorned in after the fact and was not intended by the dev during episode 1's writing.)
Tell me this: if Gry truly rejected Paul in the bathroom, why is there still a render of the MC handing her panties with Paul's cum dripping out of her? (Answer: because the dev still CBA to go fix it, and intended Paul to fuck Gry.)
Actually, there is no longer such a scene as you describe in the pure harem route.

Reactions: PapaPhat

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I find it funny the women of this town only concern themselves with sperm count for their potential breeder, and not genetics. Aside from a big dick, there isn't much to be desired by this MC. You would think his thing with bottled water would be a pretty big red flag for some mental shortcomings...not to mention the cancer/health problems he'll get for it.
I have a feeling this story will flounder due to this Dev being like so many other limp noodle Devs and cater to the rabid head in the clouds non NTR group.
Pro tip for the story...stop having the MC talk about his vow of chastity when he has already broken that vow.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Actually, there is no longer such a scene as you describe in the pure harem route.
While that's true, I'm talking about the choice in the "Choice" route specifically labeled as a "harem" choice. The dialogue (label 'shagsound') is the same as shown in the pure harem route, but the 'panties' scene remains in place and unchanged (complete with dripping cum) despite the dialogue indicating they didn't fuck.

The scene progression goes like this:

(in the bathroom, you hear them in the stall)
pure harem route check - leads to label "shagsound" automatically, skipping the next menu
- Have a look (voyeur) - leads to label "lookshag"
- Just endure (harem) - leads to label "shagsound"
label lookshag: Paul and Gry fuck while MC watches - leads to label "mess"
label shagsound: Gry rejects Paul through dialogue only, no renders other than MC - automatically continues to label "mess"
label mess: MC thinks about Paul
- Go tell her what's going on - continues scene to pure harem route check
- Just leave her to fry in her own fat - skips the remainder of scene entirely
pure harem route check - leads to label "grypassing", skipping label "panties"
label panties: MC gets option to give panties back to Gry and gain +1 karma point
label grypassing: Gry shows interest in the MC and leaves

So you'll note that pure harem route is denied a karma point (as well as the other discussion in the 'panties' scene about why Gry was even there with Paul in the first place -- which makes Gry a worse LI in the pure harem path), but Choice+harem option is logically inconsistent because the dev didn't fix the renders and didn't think clearly about what was happening in all three options (pure harem, choice+harem, choice+voyeur), not to mention that an antagonist fucking a future LI is not a great choice for a voyeurism fan, either, unless they're also an NTR fan.

Feb 17, 2022
While that's true, I'm talking about the choice in the "Choice" route specifically labeled as a "harem" choice. The dialogue (label 'shagsound') is the same as shown in the pure harem route, but the 'panties' scene remains in place and unchanged (complete with dripping cum) despite the dialogue indicating they didn't fuck.

pure harem route check - leads to label "shagsound" automatically, skipping the next menu
label shagsound: Gry rejects Paul through dialogue only, no renders other than MC - automatically continues to label "mess"
label panties: MC gets option to give panties back to Gry and gain +1 karma point

So you'll note that pure harem route is denied a karma point (as well as the other discussion in the 'panties' scene about why Gry was even there with Paul in the first place -- which makes Gry a worse LI in the pure harem path), but Choice+harem option is logically inconsistent because the dev didn't fix the renders and didn't think clearly about what was happening in all three options (pure harem, choice+harem, choice+voyeur), not to mention that an antagonist fucking a future LI is not a great choice for a voyeurism fan, either, unless they're also an NTR fan.
Well it's become obvious at this point that this was always intended to be an NTR game, so it makes sense why the dev wouldn't care about the tacked on side "harem" path making any sense or bothering to take the time to code how it should interact properly with the main NTR path.

Reactions: Necronlord3

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Well it's become obvious at this point that this was always intended to be an NTR game, so it makes sense why the dev wouldn't care about the tacked on side "harem" path making any sense or bothering to take the time to code how it should interact properly with the main NTR path.
The thing is, I don't even think the game was intended to be an NTR game. I think the developer just didn't know what NTR was, and thought "early sex scene = good" regardless of who was involved in it. Ep.3 has some weird choices, but, for instance, there aren't any NTRish things happening during it, and there are literally zero checks for the pure harem route in Ep.3 (there are zero checks for basically anything in Ep.3, just options that cause you to skip scenes - ETA: confirmed, there are absolutely no if-statement checks in Ep.3 at all):
builder-harem.jpg

The way the script is structured so far makes it pretty clear the dev doesn't know what appeals to harem fans (Ep.3 MC avoids fucking the willing, virginal, and fertile niece to instead fuck the woman already pregnant from a donor) OR what appeals to NTR fans (even in the specifically NTR-labeled flashback scene, spoilered below - I read the script of it because I like to know what I'm arguing against).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Feb 17, 2022
The thing is, I don't even think the game was intended to be an NTR game. I think the developer just didn't know what NTR was, and thought "early sex scene = good" regardless of who was involved in it. Ep.3 has some weird choices, but, for instance, there aren't any NTRish things happening during it, and there are literally zero checks for the pure harem route in Ep.3 (there are zero checks for basically anything in Ep.3, just options that cause you to skip scenes - ETA: confirmed, there are absolutely no if-statement checks in Ep.3 at all):
View attachment 1925977

The way the script is structured so far makes it pretty clear the dev doesn't know what appeals to harem fans (Ep.3 MC avoids fucking the willing, virginal, and fertile niece to instead fuck the woman already pregnant from a donor) OR what appeals to NTR fans (even in the specifically NTR-labeled flashback scene, spoilered below - I read the script of it because I like to know what I'm arguing against).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think that's an excuse anymore. When the game first started he said he didn't understand what harem fans didn't like and myself and many others layed it out explicitly what he was doing wrong if a harem game is what he was trying to make. He even made a poll on his patreon and it was overwhelming anti-NTR but instead of understanding he then doubled down on the NTR content adding a scene where Carla humiliates the MC.

So I stand by my statement that what he really wants to make is an NTR game but for some what I believe to be dubious reasons keeps claiming he wants to make a harem game.

Reactions: wiwem71072

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
I think this dev really needs to test their game BEFORE releasing it. There are to many undefined variables that would have been caught with just a basic play test.

I am pretty sure they will be needed later on in the game since they are calling them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Necronlord3

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

I don't really have much of an interest in what happens on routes other than pure harem (mainly because it's the only one I'm going to follow, I'm not going to try the others) I don't like Carla, so the truth is that on the route I was following (the previous update) I didn't see Gry because my choice was "just leave her to fry in her own fat", and I think that at this update I prefer to choose the option without Paul and Carla, but if there's an option of sending her to hell and having her live a horrible life with Paul, then I might want to see it.

Otherwise, Gry is a bad LI since she gets into the bathroom with Paul. That they don't have sex only by chance makes her almost as uninteresting LI as the pregnant one.

The way the script is structured so far makes it pretty clear the dev doesn't know what appeals to harem fans (Ep.3 MC avoids fucking the willing, virginal, and fertile niece to instead fuck the woman already pregnant from a donor)
Seeing how it's played out, my option has been to avoid that scene and have the MC walk around the town. Sally interests me, Pam not at all. So a scene with her is material to ignore.

Apart from that, I think the game is interesting and has a lot of potential.

Reactions: Look-see

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Actually not always. There are games where the NTR is unavoidable, so I avoid those.
Yeah... me too... ntr sucks canines for coppers! If there's an option and the game is worth replaying... I usually see all options just out of curiosity but I prefer true harem settings. There are many titles that allow free range harem honey hunting through the majority of the game, then make you pick just one for the ending. I don't mind that. But, I prefer having all the girls through the entire game with ZERO forced ntr content. I left Carla enabled here in The Builder and found out it's not actually a genuine ntr because... Carla isn't actually having sex with the other guy! He's a faux beau! A total fraud! We also discover that her pregnancy is ours! She's still a mess and there is no way I could take her back. But, she's more gamophobic (person who fears commitment) than she is a cheater. It's still a sick, twisted fucking situation, ngl, a total perversion. I get why you'd rather Carla burn in hell than a simple click to disable her. I played that option as active to see what happens in my initial play and will keep it on until I can finish my first play but I'll have to try a second play with that shit turned off too.

For anyone starting a new play that does NOT want to see Carla's content, there is a line at the employment event just before you first encounter Carla and her D-bag dude where the MC has the option to say, "I don't know these people" and Carla will not make any appearances in your gameplay at all. I know it's a far cry from the burn in hell option but you can play with Carla disabled and not have to see her at all. There's also an option in this chapter three to say no to anyone with whom you do not want to have sex and you do NOT have to watch the mayor take a piss... just select your options appropriately and you can skip over all of that like it was never there. Not into water sports or scat personally. I find that stuff revolting. Don't want to sleep with the preggo camper? Don't. It's all optional. Anyway... Phat is just rambling now and will STFU...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 29 Votes