VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Has the dev said anything about changing the intro to make it so the MC doesn't fuck the woman in the flashback if you pick the NTR option? I've downloaded this game 3 times now, hoping that will have changed but it never does lol

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The gallery bug is because the dev did not default his variables. In script_shell.rpy, you can find this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Then use console and enter this command: gallery = True

However, not sure if there are other breaking changes, especially with how points are handled. So might just be worth starting a new game.
Just going to wait until the dev debugs this file or some kind soul posts a bug fix file here. I can handle the file edits but I haven't had any success in Ren'Py console. I can't even get it to open for some odd reason so I stopped trying. By not wasting time to sweat the petty things, it leaves more time to pet the sweaty things.:devilish:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Just going to wait until the dev debugs this file or some kind soul posts a bug fix file here. I can handle the file edits but I haven't had any success in Ren'Py console. I can't even get it to open for some odd reason so I stopped trying. By not wasting time to sweat the petty things, it leaves more time to pet the sweaty things.:devilish:
Give this a go. It defaults gallery to True so you should be able to see the gallery during this episode.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Lol. The codes are really fucked up.
Carla comes back and you fuck her even if you choose in the beginning that you don't know her and she acts like you two are in love.
That didn't happen for me.
I got the message about not seeing her content because of my choice.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Give this a go. It defaults gallery to True so you should be able to see the gallery during this episode.
Now THAT I can do! Thank you, my friend! I'll give it a go!:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:(y) Will let you know how it goes... either way, that has to be worth a second five fiendish, pervy smiley salute! Hahaha:ROFLMAO::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:(y)

Huzzah! Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
Yeah... me too... ntr sucks canines for coppers! If there's an option and the game is worth replaying... I usually see all options just out of curiosity but I prefer true harem settings. There are many titles that allow free range harem honey hunting through the majority of the game, then make you pick just one for the ending. I don't mind that. But, I prefer having all the girls through the entire game with ZERO forced ntr content. I left Carla enabled here in The Builder and found out it's not actually a genuine ntr because... Carla isn't actually having sex with the other guy! He's a faux beau! A total fraud! We also discover that her pregnancy is ours! She's still a mess and there is no way I could take her back. But, she's more gamophobic (person who fears commitment) than she is a cheater. It's still a sick, twisted fucking situation, ngl, a total perversion. I get why you'd rather Carla burn in hell than a simple click to disable her. I played that option as active to see what happens in my initial play and will keep it on until I can finish my first play but I'll have to try a second play with that shit turned off too.

For anyone starting a new play that does NOT want to see Carla's content, there is a line at the employment event just before you first encounter Carla and her D-bag dude where the MC has the option to say, "I don't know these people" and Carla will not make any appearances in your gameplay at all. I know it's a far cry from the burn in hell option but you can play with Carla disabled and not have to see her at all. There's also an option in this chapter three to say no to anyone with whom you do not want to have sex and you do NOT have to watch the mayor take a piss... just select your options appropriately and you can skip over all of that like it was never there. Not into water sports or scat personally. I find that stuff revolting. Don't want to sleep with the preggo camper? Don't. It's all optional. Anyway... Phat is just rambling now and will STFU...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)
seriously bro thanks I know this is an old comment but this is why I read spoilers before playing the game because if I'm honest devs tend to fuck up at some point in the game which sometimes ruins the whole thing for me so I will avoid those scenes.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Was it the Gallery errors? Those will go away if you start a new game. Also the amount of each stat gained/required has changed from ep4.
The gallery played just fine. But, I think it may have been an error related to how the gallery was tracked. IDK for certain. I didn't attempt to copy the errors. I just ignored them. Either way, I am currently set up to test the latest file from the OP here with the fix file so generously provided by GetOutOfMyLab. We'll see how it goes. Will post my results later today. Ciao for now, Phat(y)

Evergene

Oct 30, 2021
Cool game with a good concept, kinda curious what other people got as summary score

I landed 29

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Thanks again, my friend.:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:(y)

I was able to load in through my end of chapter 4 save and play through the entire chapter 5 update error free!

Huzzah! Bravo, maestro and thank you!

Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Slavoj

Sep 28, 2022
Is the choice version only for NTR/ cheating or are there other kinks I will be missing if i choose the harem version?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Is the choice version only for NTR/ cheating or are there other kinks I will be missing if i choose the harem version?
In Carla's story, if you go the pure harem route, her son belongs to the MC since she and Paul don't have sex for some unknown reason and the scene between Carla and the MC is different I think. On the other hand, Paul and the girl in the bathroom don't have sex if you go the pure harem route. Apart from these changes I think you only disable NTR/sharing.

Reactions: PapaPhat and Slavoj

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
First time played this one.. Gotta say it was a decent ride.. nice animations/renders/ writing.. a little different kind of a story.. No mother/sister/aunt/step sis...... I mean that's a huge plus all in itself. Not sure where the points are taking us as we go along but it was cool to see where I stood.. and then redoing some choices to see the changes that brought about. Bookmarked and happy to wait around to see what LewdRobotics has coming for me next.. Two thumbs up.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PapaPhat

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Just tried this from start to finish. Really impressed overall, primarily with the writing. It just finds that sweet spot between feeling unusually orginal and authentic, yet not veering off into "trying so hard to be original that nothing really makes sense". The MC is very likeable yet still interesting, which is far from common in these games. Even if the sex scenes weren't any good (which they are, but perhaps not fantastically so) I'd still play it to see what happens next. There is a scene in a cabin (warning, kinda spoilery) where two female characters touch each other in a not particularly sexual way and yet dev managed to make it tremendously sensual and warm. That scene gave me goose bumps. Very eager to see where this goes.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Pure harem route only skips content, including at least one more nuanced characterization conversation; it doesn't add anything to support pure harem as a concept other than the ridiculous nonsensical relationship Carla has with Paul where she doesn't have sex with him but refuses to leave him. If you go Choice route, you can avoid all NTR so far with the exception of one nonsensical render because the dev isn't very good at his job and has ignored the several times I've pointed out the mistake.

Pure harem + no-drama (remove Carla+Paul from the story completely) is okay, though you still lose some characterization for some people, like Gry. You also lose big chunks of content, since the dev is putting a lot of effort into writing and including Carla scenes, even when they don't make a lot of sense.

Has the dev said anything about changing the intro to make it so the MC doesn't fuck the woman in the flashback if you pick the NTR option? I've downloaded this game 3 times now, hoping that will have changed but it never does lol
No, because the dev isn't very good at understanding what any fans want, pro-NTR or otherwise. Even on NTR route, MC fucks Carla after Paul does, Carla's baby is the MC's, and she comes back to fuck the MC in the latest episode.

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes