VN Ren'Py The Builder [S2 Ep. 8.1] [LewdRobotics]

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
And I'll reiterate something I said earlier in the thread.

The reason I get so annoyed at the missteps and the persistent lack of understanding is that the game has potential. The renders are technically very well done, the models are relatively unique in appearance and body shapes, and like a couple people have mentioned, there are specific scenes that are extremely well-done in ways you don't often see in AVNs.

There are just also big missteps that satisfy no one, which the dev was warned about from the very first release, and every time he makes a move to 'fix' them, he fucks something else up.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Mwahaha! I'm not sure if I'm just getting old or something, but am I the only one who sees red if someone sits with their boots/shoes/sneakers on your bed after just having entered your room? I'd probably kick Carla out or at the very least ask her WTF is wrong with her manners.

I've just started playing the game after a long time and during this flashback scene with Carla and this pissed me off xD.

PS: Gry's justification is completely bonkers, doing something just because it's a bet and (she was drunk while accepting that bet) doesn't make her suddenly a decent person. Apparently when she did that in the bathroom, she wasn't under the influence of any drink or drug. She was just being a shitty person (no pun intended xD)

Last edited:
Reactions: BTLD

Tico7533on

Oct 5, 2021
BTW, did anyone else have issues with this update? Because I had 3 times when the game came with the 'I'm sorry, but an exception has ocurred', and had to ignore 3 times. And also, anyone know why you can't add URM (Universal Ren'Py Mod) to the game, without causing a crash? I mean it IS Ren'Py, so...

(Would like to raise my stats, because apparently, the dev messed up something in the coding, so not all points are added to your total.)

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
tell me, how to get the required number of points without cheating to unlock the gallery? I understand that the total number of points must be at least 21. (because i cheated, incrementing all parameter, and when i have 7+7+7 i get gallery unlock)

and why, by the way, the gallery is not shown in the main menu after you have unlocked it at the end of the game? However, the last question should be asked to the author.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
That game started nice for me i liked it but this update is a total shit. The game start to keep you away from the good stuff for some reason i don't get. You don't have enough Karma, you are not perv enough, that kind of crap suddently happens out of nowhere and it's fucking annoying.
So dev you don't have enough talent points to make a fun game but you have stupidity points enough to piss of players.
I was so pissed that the last scene with the two girls just made me zip through it at light speed.
Well this is the end my friend, i will certainly never play that crap again!

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That game started nice for me i liked it but this update is a total shit. The game start to keep you away from the good stuff for some reason i don't get. You don't have enough Karma, you are not perv enough, that kind of crap suddently happens out of nowhere and it's fucking annoying.
So dev you don't have enough talent points to make a fun game but you have stupidity points enough to piss of players.
I was so pissed that the last scene with the two girls just made me zip through it at light speed.
Well this is the end my friend, i will certainly never play that crap again!
I am very far from a fan of this dev and this game, as my post history in this thread proves, but this sounds like you made choices that didn't get you points. There are enough points to see all the current content in the game, though declining girls will definitely lose you options to get points. I ended season 1 with 31 total points.

Well. This holds true for Ep.5. If you played Ep.4 or Ep.3, then you're correct, there are NOT enough points, because the dev made some huge fuckups in the code, and reset points to 1 several times. If you are loading a save from Ep.4, you are far better off starting over with Ep.5.

Reactions: Kukipett

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
tell me, how to get the required number of points without cheating to unlock the gallery? I understand that the total number of points must be at least 21. (because i cheated, incrementing all parameter, and when i have 7+7+7 i get gallery unlock)

and why, by the way, the gallery is not shown in the main menu after you have unlocked it at the end of the game? However, the last question should be asked to the author.
There are 31 or 32 total points available in the game. If you have a save from the end of Ep.4, you will need to start over, because your save had a few of the points inadvertently set back to 1 a few times because the dev fucked up and didn't patch it.

For the technically-minded, this happened because when intending to increment point totals, the dev entered things like
Python:
    $ karma =+ 1
(which assigns the value "+1" or "1" to the variable karma), instead of the correct
Python:
    $ karma += 1
(which adds 1 to the current value of the variable karma and assigns the new total to the same variable).

Reactions: ramvivat

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
There are 31 or 32 total points available in the game. If you have a save from the end of Ep.4, you will need to start over, because your save had a few of the points inadvertently set back to 1 a few times because the dev fucked up and didn't patch it.

For the technically-minded, this happened because when intending to increment point totals, the dev entered things like
Python:
    $ karma =+ 1
(which assigns the value "+1" or "1" to the variable karma), instead of the correct
Python:
    $ karma += 1
(which adds 1 to the current value of the variable karma and assigns the new total to the same variable).
good!
i will look into code, correct and re-play the game from scratch.
thanks.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
good!
i will look into code, correct and re-play the game from scratch.
thanks.
I think when I checked a code compare to see if he fixed the render fuckup from Ep.1 (which he hasn't), I did see that he fixed those in Ep.5.

Reactions: ramvivat

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
Content is gated behind karma and perv points- we either need a way to get unren to work which it doesnt so we can edit these ourselves- or a walkthrough so we do not miss points

• Sad
Reactions: Macgamer

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
screenshot0001.png

screenshot0002.png

Seriously. I thought this was a pregnancy harem game. So whats with the "not enough for this option message". Isn't supposed to be straightforward or am i missing something. Some help appreciated.

Last edited:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Content is gated behind karma and perv points- we either need a way to get unren to work which it doesnt so we can edit these ourselves- or a walkthrough so we do not miss points
If you enable the console, you can edit your points. They are called "karma", "perv" and "conf", without quotation marks, naturally. If you add 10 to each variable, you'll be safe and won't get into locked choices.

Reactions: msleomac

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
If you enable the console, you can edit your points. They are called "karma", "perv" and "conf", without quotation marks, naturally. If you add 10 to each variable, you'll be safe and won't get into locked choices.
How do I open?

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
How do I open?
Open the 00console.rpy (found in gamefolder/renpy/common) and search for "config.console = False", change to "config.console = True" and save it. Or use UnRen and force enable the console through that. Start the game and during the game, best at least one line before the choice appears, open the console by pressing SHIFT+O, now enter e.g. karma=10 and close the console with ESC. Then go on with the story. If you gave yourself enough points the choice should be unlocked, if not do the same again just with a higher value.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think we need to start again to get all the various perv and karama points to work properly. I know in the last upodate they kept getting set to 1 instead of increasing by 1 everytime you did something. So if you load in from last time, all your point are 1 and so too low to do anything

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
so if at the begining I choose the harem version will I miss content?
You will miss some. But not by a huge margin.
I think we need to start again to get all the various perv and karama points to work properly. I know in the last upodate they kept getting set to 1 instead of increasing by 1 everytime you did something. So if you load in from last time, all your point are 1 and so too low to do anything
Nah, I started from the start. It is just coded badly. I had to use the save editor to edit my points.

3.60 star(s) 30 Votes