4.00 star(s) 38 Votes

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Honestly ever since rewrites started i had low expectation from this game to be properly updated. In a way i'm glad this game is abandoned since i didn't atach to it, its characters and story.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
It's a shame it got dumped, but probably a surprise to no one. It was a nice premise, and a very beautiful dream.
Curious though, as the Dev has stepped away, why he didn't voluntarily give it the On Hold status.
The real tragedy for me is Where the Heart Is. Having been waiting for that one forever. Hope it gets a proper ending someday. :cry:

Reactions: Maviarab

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
It's the same excuses every time, isn't it?

"Guys I work 25 hours a day. Burnout!", "Went to doc, I have this super complicated illness. Shocker!"

"Anyways I'll enjoy life for a bit. Hope you liked the promise of a game I sold you, which I then remade and sold on steam, but now won't definitely ever finish. (Stay subscribed to my patreon tho, news soon!)"

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
It's the same excuses every time, isn't it?

"Guys I work 25 hours a day. Burnout!", "Went to doc, I have this super complicated illness. Shocker!"

"Anyways I'll enjoy life for a bit. Hope you liked the promise of a game I sold you, which I then remade and sold on steam, but now won't definitely ever finish. (Stay subscribed to my patreon tho, news soon!)"
From my expiriance these kind of games got abandoned by its devs if game fails to atract players and potentional supporters (money). However if the dev manages to deliver second and third update (always count from 3rd) usualy it means that dev is starting to get some money and he's willing to continue deliver more updates. By now standard is to wait 2 or 3 months for every update. Some games does take more. But if the dev starts reworking some game elements (like in this case story) it can be considered 1st major red flag in which case i do recommend canceling the support until dev comes to its senses and continue with proper updates. That's, at least, what i do when ever i'm capable of supporting anyone. Also when game is leaked (by dev or someone else) here i avoid 1st release and usualy wait for at least 3rd or even 4th update to be sure game will continue. After i saw this game is getting rewrites i lost all my interest and forgot plot, story and what's the game all about. I recommend to everyone just avoid this game and even if the game returns be careful on continuing this game.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
Anyone could share comments of this post

I want to know what his/her patrons think!

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Anyone could share comments of this post

I want to know what his/her patrons think!
Just so you know, that just links to the registration page to become their pateron, not to the any announcement

SeryogaViper

Jun 16, 2017
x1.png

Hey all,
I wanted to jump back on and give a quick update on what's been going on and what will be going on as we head forward. I made the post public so everyone here and on F95 could see it.
Time Off -
As you know, I took some time off to rest a little. I took on too many projects and was just feeling really burned out, so I wanted to take a step back and reevaluate everything. I didn't take as much time off as I was expecting, but it was enough for me to feel fresh and ready to get back in the saddle. I've decided to cut down a LOT of my work, which will be explained below. I do still feel like shit, but I think that's just because my mattress is shit. I think a new one might be needed. But the time off helped a lot. I explored a little (nothing massive, just sites around my local area I hadn't seen before), chatted with friends and family, and just spent some time to myself. But it turns out I don't have too many friends and family members, so I got bored pretty quick.
I was still working during my time off, though, mostly on WTHI, Adverse effects, and writing for the cabin.
The Cabin -
I've done some writing on the cabin while I was away—not much, but I managed to get 14 pages of a word document complete, and that'll turn out to be around 60% of the episode. I wanted to get a draft for the full game written out before actually starting work on episode 5, but I think that might take me around 2 months, and I really don't want to spend that much time just writing, so I'll probably keep doing that but also make a start on episode 5 too. I also plan on changing my work pattern for how I'll be working on the cabin. I used to just work and that was it, never setting up any plans or following a strict guideline for getting the episodes out. That's going to change. I want to have a new episode of The Cabin out every two months.
Adverse Effects -
I want to get Adverse Effects out before I start on anything else. It's close to being finished; I just need to write the script for the final sex scene, a post-sex scene, and then a bonus scene at the end of the game. I currently have around 300 renders done and will be looking at having around 700 when it's complete. I hope to have it released in September at the latest, but I'm not sure. I've been working on it in my spare time before bed and on the weekends.
Where The Heart Is -
I'm still working on WTHI; it has always been my main focus, as you know, and that won't change. We're close to getting Episode 24 out, and once that's done, I'm going to spend a week just smashing as much of Adverse Effects as I can to get it done quicker.
Future Minigames -
I've decided to pause any future minigames, at least for now. Once episode 5 of the cabin is out, I will look at starting up Nordstrum's Treasure again, BUT that game is much bigger than I ever planned it to be, so I probably won't be finishing it anytime soon. I'll probably still do some plots for minigames in my spare time, but for now, I just want to focus on getting Adverse Effects finished and then getting as much of the cabin done as I can.
4Ks/Pinups -
They'll be making a comeback this month, but I've decided to change the way I do it. I started off doing polls and then just doing whatever the fuck I liked, and neither worked for me. The polls didn't work because people just voted for the same character every month, and none of the lower characters like April or Harper got a chance to shine. However, I do plan on bringing the polls back. The way I plan to do things now is that close to the start of the month, I'll do a poll (the characters will be from The Cabin, Emi, and Adverse Effects), and then at random times in the month, I might post some random pinups. But those random pinups might not be of any specific character; they might just be some random new model I've decided to work with. Also, the tiers will be as follows:
  • $1 Patrons - Non-nude
  • $5 Patrons - Underwear/Topless
  • $10 Patrons - Topless/Full-nude
  • $20 Patrons - Full-nude/Explicit ( sex )
You'll notice there is no option for the $3 tier; that's because I've decided to remove it, and all $3 patrons will be moved down to the $1 tier (I don't know if Patreon will do it automatically or if you'll need to do it yourselves).
EDIT: Just checked and it seems any $3 patrons will need to move themselves to the $1 tier ( it won't cost you anything ). If I try to delete the tier it says it'll just kick all the $3 patrons which is wierd o.0
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below.
Thanks,
Cell.

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
As I don't pay for anything I'm just glad to get an update whenever it happens. :cool:

After three burnouts I really know how hard that can be. 2nd was the worst, people say there was a February even in 1999 but I'm not certain. A total blank there, stress amnesia or something like that said the doctor. So Dev, take it easy and don't overdo stuff! (y)

Reactions: HornyyPussy
Jan 27, 2018
GB10a_103209.jpg

Hey all,
Before I get into episode 5, I want to quickly address something I talked about last time. If you recall, I talked a little about a few fixes to episode 4 and how Wiz made some changes to fix some of the dialogue issues, and I was ready to upload it to Steam for testing (since Steam is the easiest way to test saves). I've had nothing but issues with Steam, though. After about a week of failed uploads, I finally decided to get in touch with Steam, and they said multiple people have reported the issue and they're not sure when it'll be fixed, so fuck. I'm going to keep trying, and once I finally get it working and tested, I'll post the 4.1 patch here.

Now onto the episode 5 news. A while back, I said that I was taking a break from everything, and myself and Wiz were parting ways until I got shit figured out, and I wanted to at least finish Adverse Effects before thinking about jumping back onto the cabin. This all came from spending 14 hours a day at the computer, never going outside, and barely getting a decent night's sleep. After taking about a week off, I decided it would be best to have a chat with those in my inner circle to see what we could do about making some changes. I myself knew what personal changes I wanted to make, like not working all day and taking breaks in the day, and I've decided to not work on anything during the weekend (unless we're at the final push for a release or something urgent needs doing). Both Cheeky and Wiz agreed, and after a good chat with Wiz, we decided to start back up on the cabin a little sooner, but with a few things changed. We both knew we'd been slacking off quite a bit; we'd both go long periods of time without doing any work, and it felt like Wiz would go a month without writing and I'd go a month without doing any art, and things just felt stale. Like, the whole rewrite of episodes 1–4 should have taken us 3 months, max, but it ended up taking like 8, if not more. And that's not on Wiz; it's on us both.

We've figured out our issues though; we never really stuck to a schedule, and we always just winged it a little, and maintaining work-life balance when you're your own boss can be quite challenging at times, and that's where we believe the root of our issues lie. But I can say that over the past two weeks, Wiz has made some massive strides with the writing for episode 5, and some scenes are starting to get spicy. However, I won't go into too much detail, as I don't want to ruin anything for the update. It's also taking me a lot longer than I expected to get Adverse Effects out, mostly because I'm paying someone to do the animations and I simply don't have any funds to buy them in bulk right now.

But speaking of funds, I wanted to let you know that payments will be turned back on for next month since Wiz has been making strides with episode 5. He's actually close to finishing the episode, and he believes he should have it finished by the end of this month. I'll more than likely be using my cut to do the animations for AE, but as I see that game taking me longer than I thought, I'll probably be putting that on pause a little until I can get more funds, so I will probably spend my time in August working on the cabin, which is good news since that's why you're here :p

But what will Wiz be doing when episode 5 is finished? I hear you asking, Well, we've talked about that, and his plan is to finish episode 5, take a week off, and then get started on episode 6 while I work on the art for episode 5. We figured there was no point in him waiting for me to finish the art on episode 5 before he starts on the writing for episode 6, so he's just going to keep chugging along until the game is finished. Even if I'm working on the art for, say, episode 6, he'll be up there in episode 8 or 9 just writing away.

rampage97

Apr 11, 2023
So I do understand this is a romance game, but the way that the reproductive abuse is glossed over doesn't sit well with me. As shitty of a husband as David may have been, I would still take his side as the MC, what she did is really fucked up. I know someone whose boyfriend fucked with their birth control and got them pregnant, so yeah, not a Grace fan.

I do like Lisa though, the relationship she has with the MC is sweet.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 38 Votes