Others The Camgirl [v0.5] [Diddler Games]

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Game is pretty rough, and the renders are quite crude. It has potential but it needs a lot more work.
It takes about 1-2 hours to render a single picture, so I don't get to test em too much. My GPU is kinda old and needs to be updated before that's gonna see a marked improvement.

The coffee minigame controls are a problem, my keystrokes weren't always registering so i was missing more than I should. I also hate that particular form of minigame but that's my problem.
I found it to be with the W only, even with a larger than the letter hit box. The hit box extends about 10 pixels outside the W for all the letters and covers most of the censor. I didn't want to make it "pixel perfect" or punish you for mashing. You can straight up just mash the keys.

Try holding control and space.

I also encountered an error where after the scene with the landlord it would keep playing whenever I visited a new location.
I'll look into that. Rendering the gym right now so I can't, but will in the morning. I did add in a "rent paid" variable that would stay as 1 till the next day, and he is only supposed to spawn on saturday. I'll make sure to fix that.
The mini-game put me off not exactly the fastest reactions here. I'm not so sure about how the dialogue is shown either clicking the arrows then click on the x can't it all be in the one window?
You can mash. I decided not to put in a penalty for hitting a key when it isn't present. Also for testing I left in a cheat for it. Space bar and control at the same time, just holding em down constantly. Just in case people didn't want to do the mini game. I wanted to add more story, so the arrows just change the pictures index to the next image in the series and the x just closes the story/scene. As for why not just put it in one, what do you mean exactly?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
As for why not just put it in one, what do you mean exactly?
What I mean is why can't the dialogue just be all on the same screen? instead of the popup box appearing, just feels strange I'm more used to it being all on one screen.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
What I mean is why can't the dialogue just be all on the same screen? instead of the popup box appearing, just feels strange I'm more used to it being all on one screen.
It would feel weird to have them talking about a bunch of different things while remaining completely still I think. I didn't create a dialog system yet. The original pla was gonna be something like the 2 character models appear and the background goes dim or pixelated and it does what others have already done with just a box at the bottom of the screen. It might still change to that.

Reactions: Mormont

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It would feel weird to have them talking about a bunch of different things while remaining completely still I think. I didn't create a dialog system yet. The original pla was gonna be something like the 2 character models appear and the background goes dim or pixelated and it does what others have already done with just a box at the bottom of the screen. It might still change to that.
That idea actually sounds a lot better at least experiment with it a little either way I wish you luck with your game :)

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
That idea actually sounds a lot better at least experiment with it a little either way I wish you luck with your game :)
Working on it now. I was trying a few different things using scripts, but, I think I got a better idea. Would you mind testing it if I get it implemented somewhat for your opinion?
I also encountered an error where after the scene with the landlord it would keep playing whenever I visited a new location
Found the problem. I wrote it in the wrong order so it didn't set the values correctly.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Working on it now. I was trying a few different things using scripts, but, I think I got a better idea. Would you mind testing it if I get it implemented somewhat for your opinion?
Yeah, of course, can't wait to see what you have in mind.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I don't like mini games at all. In this game, at the café, I don't even have the slightest idea what to do. Any hints?

Reactions: Alley_Cat

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I don't like mini games at all. In this game, at the café, I don't even have the slightest idea what to do. Any hints?
Bottom left of the screen activates the minigame. just hold space and control to skip having to actually play it. I'm working on a different dialogue system, it's fighting me right now, but will make the image in the object more visible.

Reactions: ray3dave

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Yeah, of course, can't wait to see what you have in mind.
Took me awhile, but I got the new dialogue system working in a test. Gonna throw in some renders after I get it working perfectly and will hopefully have it ready tonight.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It's only the first convo with John in the Coffee shop, but I think it shows what I am thinking of implementing.
Yeah, that's much better the dialogue plays much more like a RenPy game now (y)

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Should've just used renpy then lol. I'm gonna re-render the stuff I have now and add everything back in and reorganize it all. Shouldn't take more than a day or 2.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
everything is done in terms of the coding, renders have been going good. If you wouldn't mind, maybe share this stuff around? Exposure in the beginning is good and can help me establish faster. If you wouldn't mind. I can focus on the stuff then.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
the new dialogue system and renders. Gotta alter a few, but, for now I am gonna work on extending the story and getting the camming started. Have an idea for a new mini game, optional, based off the Google dinosaur thing.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
the new dialogue system and renders. Gotta alter a few, but, for now I am gonna work on extending the story and getting the camming started. Have an idea for a new mini game, optional, based off the Google dinosaur thing.
Is there any way to stop the dialogue repeating? like once the conversation has come to an end that's it and doesn't go full circle and repeat again?

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
Is there any way to stop the dialogue repeating? like once the conversation has come to an end that's it and doesn't go full circle and repeat again?
I could change it to just close the dialogue box. I wanted to put in a loop in case people actually wanted to read it and missed a part.

2.00 star(s) 2 Votes