harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Making a new season is fine.
But the transition is way too abrupt.

You should make a final release for season 1. cleaning it up some.
1. End a couple more things to round up the plot and scenarios.
2. Remove the WIP signs and replace them with "continued in season 2".
3. give a season ending, with a "will continue in season 2".
4. rename the file, instead of being "The Caretaker v0.23" it should be "The Caretaker Season 1 v1.0 final"

IceCreamParty

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Making a new season is fine.
But the transition is way too abrupt.

You should make a final release for season 1. cleaning it up some.
1. End a couple more things to round up the plot and scenarios.
2. Remove the WIP signs and replace them with "continued in season 2".
3. give a season ending, with a "will continue in season 2".
4. rename the file, instead of being "The Caretaker v0.23" it should be "The Caretaker Season 1 v1.0 final"
Actually I consider the game as a global one, that's why I haven't put "Season 2/ version 0.01" to the demo and it has simply been v0.25. That's why I haven't given closure or a "to be continued" either, because the seasons are simply created so that the game doesn't weigh more than 2gb for whoever downloads it. I have only created that introduction so that there is a small jump in time in the story, enough for certain things to change in the game and we will discover them together. Thanks for your comments.

harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
Actually I consider the game as a global one, that's why I haven't put "Season 2/ version 0.01" to the demo and it has simply been v0.25. That's why I haven't given closure or a "to be continued" either, because the seasons are simply created so that the game doesn't weigh more than 2gb for whoever downloads it. I have only created that introduction so that there is a small jump in time in the story, enough for certain things to change in the game and we will discover them together. Thanks for your comments.
I can see the logic.
But even if the game was only split up for the purpose of keeping down the size.
Once it has been split, it might as well be split cleanly.
So I think a bit of cleanup on the parts would be a welcome addition.

Reactions: IceCreamParty

lilsaz

Jul 5, 2021
Scrolled back a few pages and see 5-6 people asking for a save without any being posted from a recent patch so uh...... save?

IceCreamParty

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
I have made some fixes for v0.23 of the first season, such as a warning for "Futa" content among other things. Also the file has been renamed to "TheCaretaker-S1-0.23".

The Android version has been updated to v0.25Demo of season 2. The "Ask" menu of the characters and the pause menu in the game are now displayed correctly. The file has been renamed to "The Caretaker-S2-0.25Demo".
Although in this version, there is no quest to perform, the correction was necessary.

Thank you very much for the report and for playing.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes