Others Abandoned The Casting Couch [v1.11a] [Hentami]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
WINDOWS 7 BETA V1.9
If anyone with windows 7 wants to test out a version, fantastic!

After doing some research, about 50% of pc users are on sub OS8 systems. Do to that I will absolutely find the best way possible to release all future updates for both OSs.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
WINDOWS 7 BETA V1.9
If anyone with windows 7 wants to test out a version, fantastic!

After doing some research, about 50% of pc users are on sub OS8 systems. Do to that I will absolutely find the best way possible to release all future updates for both OSs.
@UncleVT @Gab @N7 - if any of you lovely people (and Gab) would kindly update the OP? :)

Reactions: Hentami

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
You both make my toes curl. I was going to wait to update the OP until some true win7 confirmations it works tho ;)

Reactions: bas

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
@Hentami @bossapplesauce
i mean what the dev said about win 7 gab
does the game not work on win 10 or something ?

i think he posted only the win 7 ver so people can try it
i got an error with the game btw
~ N7, march 2018

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
You both make my toes curl. I was going to wait to update the OP until some true win7 confirmations it works tho ;)
Sorry, my bad, I totally jumped the gun. FWIW, it works fine on my Win7 PC.

Gab - sorry, I'm a dumbass. (EDITED TO NOT TAG GAB SO HE WON'T YELL AT ME AGAIN ON DISCORD)

Update - Hentami, can you please confirm the correct version of this one? The OP has latest version of Win8+ as v1.7, the patch notes in the file you posted say v1.8, but you labeled it v1.9.....?

We are confused-ed. Fix our brains?

Reactions: GAB

ILikeEcchi

Jul 22, 2017
of Step Event0
for object obj_game_chapter_one:

Variable obj_game_chapter_one.obj_video_audition_1(100401, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_game_chapter_one_Step_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_game_chapter_one_Step_0 (line -1)

Help

Reactions: Spakos and djjurg

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
of Step Event0
for object obj_game_chapter_one:

Variable obj_game_chapter_one.obj_video_audition_1(100401, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_game_chapter_one_Step_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_game_chapter_one_Step_0 (line -1)

Help
Looks like you used the Version for Windows 7 on Windows 8(+).

Good question:
-here it is the 1.7
-on patreon 1.8 beta
-out there on other sources i saw a 1.9....weird as it not appear on patreon but ok
you are right with the Versions 1.7 and 1.8. As far as I know Hentami named the Version for Windows 7 as "version 1.9".

Check the first post of this thread and use the matching version for your Windows-version.

Since yesterday Hentami is on Vacation for a few days. So the "public" release of version 1.8 will not be before he returns.

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
Is there any walktrough/guide of this game? I can only go as far as hire the secretary =/
You won't need any as there is no special linearity in this game. Just try and visit everything, work for some money (the more you work, the more money you get per shift), do the social-media and video-edit (at the phone) for more fame and to get more girls for castings and move into the better Appartement. There are 4 castings and two Quests which can get easily unlocked. If you have sex with the street-hooker you will loose some fame but doing yoga, the deep massage at the spa and eating dinner at the hotel will raise your fame. If you check everything, you will find out all possibilities for yourself. Please keep in mind, that this game is still in a very early state of development!

LoganJ

Feb 5, 2018
How do I play from my save from the previous version? Do I have to start from the beginning again?
Don't use the version "1.9" if you are on Windows 8 or higher!!! This one is for Windows 7 only!
Latest Version for Windows 8+ is the "public" 1.7 and version 1.8 for Patrons (early access). When updating from 1.7 to 1.8, the game will find your last save automatically, even if you use a different folder for the new version.

Hentami

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 26, 2017
A huge thanks to everyone who helped with info, so here is some for all <3 - and her not he ;)

1.8 Is latest (I do apologize as I am still failing at labeling things except in the patchnotes.. trying to get better!)

1.8 is also the latest released for the window 7 - so I will go ahead and update all links to 1.8 tonight. (vacation tomorrow)

I will have 1.8 for all available after midnight EST today.

I will have a walkthru very soon now that first questline is complete! But not yet =(

Uploading / updating all links now! Happy weekend!

<3<3<3

bae-so-sweet-she-sent-me-this-pic-from-her-19906042.png

Reactions: lordukk
2.80 star(s) 6 Votes